Progress of the ElectricSavant Challenge™ - page 5

waaustin:
Since the earlier versions I have added several trade entry filters, one of which uses RSI. Also incorporated additional code based on PSAR to detect reversal signals. With the changes I have made the EA has been performing very consistently and has helped to significantly reduce large drawdown as well as large loss trades, even with the extreme volatility we have had in the market the last few weeks.

It's great to see that you are still developing your EA as it definitely has great potential. One of the agressive and risky setups i tested a while back made more than 70% in less than a month before it started hitting any significant DD that ate up most of the profits but didn't produce any losses to original deposit. Will watch the performance of the new version for sure.

I too want to express my thanks to Bill and all of the other Challengers for considering and taking the ElectricSavant Challenge™ seriously.

ES

I would like to express that I am happy with the overall progress of the Challenge. The Challenge continues to be a hard nut to crack...and else these competitors are sand bagging or it is indeed an impossibility to beat this and thus I will be correct...

Newbies beware....this is the real thing....When you think you are going to get rich quick with your gambling...well read this thread and its predecessor..there is no luck involved with this Challenge as its winner will just need to be robust...continuiously..

ES

P.S. A question has come up privatley as to my age...I am 49 years old.

Lol.

Sorry, that was my question.

I am actually starting to believe there is a family of EA's out there that can actually comply with this Challenge.

I am looking at 6 of them just now and the coders have set them up to "think" about drawdown first. This is not a conventional view by many and especially with contests...but take a look and ponder and consider. Can you think about drawdown first? and then yield?...are you successful with your current outlook?...can you fight your tendencies and take a look at the other side?

ES

P.S. I am living what I preach...I just had to close an MA in the live portfolio not connected to this Challenge that was a great yielder...but suffers like 40-50% drawdowns...

Hi ES, I have now had to put two EA designs on hold until I find a way to improve them (they have high ROI but DD needs to be fixed - that robust consistency) and come out with a complete new EA design last evening. I think one way of having limited DD is to trade during a set time period somewhere during NY or London Session. The logic of EA decides when to open trades based on trade methods and rules. I have factored in 3 risk control features (not counting MM) which I hope will limit any losses in the final EA once it has been coded.

The idea is to make x amount of pips in each session or trade which is determined by the method of trading and rules as well as market conditions. It is hard to define the EA I have designed last evening but it consists of several systems into one that is responsible for making it a decent system. I will forward test and chart backtest it for a while then if it proves to be consistent as I think it is will commission a coder to make it into a bot. I know a lot of traders here would not trust sharing it with a coder - not even when using NDA contract.

InterbankFX and Alpari UK dislike hedging EAs it has come to my attention that if you have low DD for prolonged period of time and high returns they will ask you to stop trading with the EA. I aim to have DD between 3% and 22% to begin with, if it does not meet that then, well it won't do for the ES rules or your liking but I will update you on this. In the past with my other two EAs they have given DD as high as 9% until they fail, so it is the robust consistency in rule making and method of trade setups that need improving. I found it easier to do a complete redesign using a whole new system that is more customisable and more versatile than my other designs.

FS,

Interesting .....when your ready for the ElectricSavant Challenge™ let me know.

ES

P.S. The AE86 Turbo ES v2.1 who has been brave enough to enter the Challenge trades at certain times only...so FS you may be on to something...

FseXy:
Hi ES, I have now had to put two EA designs on hold until I find a way to improve them (they have high ROI but DD needs to be fixed - that robust consistency) and come out with a complete new EA design last evening. I think one way of having limited DD is to trade during a set time period somewhere during NY or London Session. The logic of EA decides when to open trades based on trade methods and rules. I have factored in 3 risk control features (not counting MM) which I hope will limit any losses in the final EA once it has been coded.

The idea is to make x amount of pips in each session or trade which is determined by the method of trading and rules as well as market conditions. It is hard to define the EA I have designed last evening but it consists of several systems into one that is responsible for making it a decent system. I will forward test and chart backtest it for a while then if it proves to be consistent as I think it is will commission a coder to make it into a bot. I know a lot of traders here would not trust sharing it with a coder - not even when using NDA contract.

InterbankFX and Alpari UK dislike hedging EAs it has come to my attention that if you have low DD for prolonged period of time and high returns they will ask you to stop trading with the EA. I aim to have DD between 3% and 22% to begin with, if it does not meet that then, well it won't do for the ES rules or your liking but I will update you on this. In the past with my other two EAs they have given DD as high as 9% until they fail, so it is the robust consistency in rule making and method of trade setups that need improving. I found it easier to do a complete redesign using a whole new system that is more customisable and more versatile than my other designs.

Euro2 v5b....continues to lead the Challenge...but understand these 6 entries do not compete with one another...they are competing with the criteria of the ElectricSavant Challenge™.

I am afraid to report that I am right...this cannot be beat, thus far...

Stay tuned and check in from time-to-time.

ES

ElectricSavant:

I am afraid to report that I am right...this cannot be beat, thus far...

ES

Thus far... is the key here my friend. There has to be a way!

Many of us are working hard on this.

Well,

If anybody can do it...you can!

ES

wolfe:
Thus far... is the key here my friend. There has to be a way! Many of us are working hard on this.
Reason: