Auto Fibonacci indicator - page 20

Very useful would be an indicator that draws Fibonacci Expansion (not Extension) levels automatically. It would take each significant ABC wave and calculate level D using the idea, the basis of all harmonic analysis, that CD=AB. Maybe significant starting points could identified via a ZigZag with a 12, 5, 3 input, or the parameters could be sellectable.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I personally spend a lot of time using the Expansion option of the Fibonacci tool by hand to draw expansions, often when I can barely afford the time, in order to identify likely exit points.

I make each expansion a different color so I don't get them confused, as I often draw several for a single trade, sometimes going back quite far to the most extreme prior extremum. Perhaps the indicator could cycle through various colors.

I also like to chop off the level-D lines as soon as price hits them, so they don't clutter the chart in the future. I like to make the levels the next thickness up from a thin line so they are easily seen.

airquest:
Here is one indicator of my own (based on SpudFibo). It is an auto Fibo and has three ways of calculating Highs/Lows : 1) with fixed dates ; 2) based on the ZigZag indicator ; 3) like High/Low channel, based on a defined number of bars. For this last method, set the PeriodForHL as you wish, then you can make the calculation stick to the bars of one particular timeframe with the TimeFrameForHL option, and make it begin from a past bar with PeriodShiftBegin.

For example, to see HL of the day, set TimeFrameForHL to 1440, PeriodForHL to 1, and shift to 0. For HL of yesterday : 1440/1/1. For past two days : 1440/2/1. Etc...

The levels automatically detect if the move is up (100 to 0) or down (0 to 100), but both levels and rectangles colors can easily be switched. The rectangles can be enlarged to the right with RectangleRightShift. Enjoy.

This indicator is also on my new website "smart-trading.world-record.ch", where I will post free mt4 indicators I make. Please quote this post or my website if you post this indicator somewhere. I make them for myself and kindly share them, so I will give support or add stuff only if I've got time. Just let me know if you find any bug. Thanks.

AIRQUEST I really like your indie..I have attached Auto Fibonacci Retracement -V2 indicator that I use but I would like to make some slight changes with ideas from you indicator.

I would like to have a rectangle box ONLY between the 50% & 61.8% which is the HIGH STRENGTH & HIGHEST STRENGTH respectively on my indicator and the rectangle box to change color AUTOMATICALLY.

For Example: when in an "uptrend" 61.8% is below the 50% the box to be BLUE and when on a "downtrend" 61.8% is above the 50% the box to be RED

Can you be able to assist? I have zero programming skills and I could really use your help.

FYI, I found, at www.for-exe.com - Home, a commercial indicator that draws the last two Fib expansions. It costs about $20. You get only the .ex4 file, so can't say what will happen the next time they "üpgrade" MT4. For now, anyway, it works.

However, would appreciate a free .mq4 version with ability to turn off levels other than FE100 and perhaps the ability to go back farther than the last two expansions .

hey ghost, got it last week too

grayghost:
FYI, I found, at www.for-exe.com - Home, a commercial indicator that draws the last two Fib expansions. It costs about $20. You get only the .ex4 file, so can't say what will happen the next time they "üpgrade" MT4. For now, anyway, it works. However, would appreciate a free .mq4 version with ability to turn off levels other than FE100 and perhaps the ability to go back farther than the last two expansions .

All time frame fibonacci indicator fibonacci_all_tf.mq4

Files:

TamFX:
All time frame fibonacci indicator fibonacci_all_tf.mq4

Not bad. Thanks

robinswood75:
Hello

Anybody have a fibonacci extension indicator in mq4 file please ?

If it is a auto fibonacci extension, it will be great !!

Thank you very much in advance !!!!

This is the auto one posted earlier in this thread that I have downloaded today to test with Renko. Seems OK to me

TEAMTRADER

Files:

Fibonacci pivot indicator

fibonaccipivot.mq4

Files:

pointless post

channels fibo

channelsfibo_mtf_ad.mq4

Reason: