The Ultimate Expert Advisor - Gbp/usd - page 2

Dear Friends,

Ok, here is the Final EA for the EUR/JPY currency pair.

The default settings are to be kept the same because those are the best settings to use for this currency pair. It does not requre a .set settings file or anything like that.

Just open a EUR/JPY chart on ANY time frame, and put this EA on that chart. Then select how many lots you want to use, and thats it your done.

If you would like to use this EA on various currency pairs and test it out like our friend Charles Wilkes, then go for it keeping in mind that this is specialized for only EURJPY.

BTW: I renamed this EA, "The Best" because it is the best...

Simple!

- 18 Year Old Forex Trader

Files:
the_best.mq4  51 kb

forexdude123:
Hey all,

The settings I use for GBP/USD is the default that I put in, so you do not need any .set file(s)

I am currently optimizing this EA for GBP/JPY and EUR/JPY since these pairs will bring in MUCH MORE Pips than GBP/USD.

I will post the new EA with optimized default settings for the two pairs above as soon as I am finished testing profitable settings. I will promise I will post today.

Below is a screen shot of today's GBP/USD Trade. (TS locked in 9 Pips and closed out)

- 18 Year Old Forex Trader

Does your settings include all the additions added in post 2, or did you change anything? THanks for all your testing!

Also, why did you pick those times? 7:01 and 10:15. Is that GMT? London open? Thanks

Hi,

I am really glad to see people trying to learn MT4 programing and at the same time willing to improve existing EAs for the benefit of the traders. But as the initial coder of this EA, i would like to see the credits to the initial and all coders adding their own routines, remaining in the source code of any EA taken as a base for further development and not simply copyrighting the code to one's own name. This is only a small contribution and acknowledgment for their work.

It is an etiquette amongst coders and i think new coders should apply it.

But as i said, i am glad to see the will to take this (and any) EA to next levels and i hope every trader using it will be able to make money out of this tool.

The version i am using currently, primarily for news trading but also as a straddle EA, has gone a very long way ahead since this version and although i have decided to not release the source code, i could suggest a few twists and enhancements, as well as assisting for any issues you may have if you think I could be of any help.

Yannis

Yannis:
Hi,

I am really glad to see people trying to learn MT4 programing and at the same time willing to improve existing EAs for the benefit of the traders. But as the initial coder of this EA, i would like to see the credits to the initial and all coders adding their own routines, remaining in the source code of any EA taken as a base for further development and not simply copyrighting the code to one's own name. This is only a small contribution and acknowledgment for their work.

It is an etiquette amongst coders and i think new coders should apply it.

But as i said, i am glad to see the will to take this (and any) EA to next levels and i hope every trader using it will be able to make money out of this tool.

The version i am using currently, primarily for news trading but also as a straddle EA, has gone a very long way ahead since this version and although i have decided to not release the source code, i could suggest a few twists and enhancements, as well as assisting for any issues you may have if you think I could be of any help.

Yannis

That would be greatly appreciated. I am new with using EA's in the first place

Im gettng errors in Expert tab. Screen shot attached.

Files:
untitled.jpg  262 kb

From a quick look, there's a serious issue with the way EOD time is defined.

Following lines are wrong:

EODMinute=StrToInteger(StringSubstr(EOD,0,2));

EODMinute=StrToInteger(StringSubstr(EODHour,2,2));

They should read:

EODHour =StrToInteger(StringSubstr(EOD,0,2));

EODMinute=StrToInteger(StringSubstr(EOD,2,2));

- EODHour is defined as an integer for hosting the 'hour' portion so it cannot be used as a string StringSubstr(EODHour,2,2) in which we have to search for the hour portion.

- The Minutes and Hour were swapped from the search string (minutes are at the 2nd part of the string (2,2) whereas hour is at the first part (0,2)

There is also another mistake in The Best where the defaults settings use a 13 pip lock on a 3 pip B/E. (Move.To.BreakEven.Lock.pips and Move.To.BreakEven.at.pips parameters).

Assuming we have a long entry at let say 1.9050, it won't be possible to lock 13 pips (meaning SL should move at 1.9063) when our trade reaches +3 (at 1.9053)

Yannis

Locked in 10pips on GU sell. I was going to manually cancel the long order but I was not sure what you guys are doing with the other side if one is triggered. No trade on E/Y yet. I am not getting errors yet......

I've added MoneyManagement, Risk and EOD input variables into the EA. Here are the descriptions:

MoneyManagement. If set to true, the EA will calculate the size of the lot automatically.

Risk. How much of the available free margin to be risked/used to open a single trade. For example, Risk=100 means use all of the available free margin to open a single trade, etc.

EOD. Enter a four digit number to represent time to close all open and pending trades. For example, if you want the EA to close all trades at 0000 (broker's time), then enter 0000 here.

Please test on demo to see if everything is working as you expected it to be. Revert back to me if you have further comments.

Please share your personal settings/template that you have found to be profitable.

Regards,

Azmel.

UPDATE: THERE WAS A BUG ON THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF 3.31. PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD HERE

Yannis:
From a quick look, there's a serious issue with the way EOD time is defined.

Following lines are wrong:

EODMinute=StrToInteger(StringSubstr(EOD,0,2));

EODMinute=StrToInteger(StringSubstr(EODHour,2,2));

They should read:

EODHour =StrToInteger(StringSubstr(EOD,0,2));

EODMinute=StrToInteger(StringSubstr(EOD,2,2));

- EODHour is defined as an integer for hosting the 'hour' portion so it cannot be used as a string StringSubstr(EODHour,2,2) in which we have to search for the hour portion.

- The Minutes and Hour were swapped from the search string (minutes are at the 2nd part of the string (2,2) whereas hour is at the first part (0,2)

Thank you Yannis for pointing this. I would like to ask everyone to please re-download version 3.31 at post #2.

There is also another mistake in The Best where the defaults settings use a 13 pip lock on a 3 pip B/E. (Move.To.BreakEven.Lock.pips and Move.To.BreakEven.at.pips parameters).

Assuming we have a long entry at let say 1.9050, it won't be possible to lock 13 pips (meaning SL should move at 1.9063) when our trade reaches +3 (at 1.9053)

Yannis

forexdude123, based on Yannis' remarks above, do you think you have accidentally entered those two parameters in reverse?

Reason: