The Ultimate Expert Advisor - Gbp/usd - page 3

forexdude123:
Thank all of you for your inputs on how to improve this EA I am currently using for my breakout strategy on GBP/USD.

Special thanks goes to Azmel for putting in the options for MM, Risk, and EOD!!

That makes this already fabulous breakout EA, even better and fully automated!

forexdude123, now that we have the EOD parameter added in, what will be its value for the GBPUSD, GBPJPY and EURJPY pairs?

cmartin371:
Also, why did you pick those times? 7:01 and 10:15. Is that GMT? London open? Thanks

From forexdude123's screenshot it appears he is using FXDD, which has a broker time of GMT+2. So 7:01 GMT+2 is equal to 5:01 GMT.

cmartin371:
Locked in 10pips on GU sell. I was going to manually cancel the long order but I was not sure what you guys are doing with the other side if one is triggered. No trade on E/Y yet. I am not getting errors yet......

The long on GU was also triggered and hit the 60 pip T/P.

E/Y short was triggered and just hit T/P of 100

azmel:
From forexdude123's screenshot it appears he is using FXDD, which has a broker time of GMT+2. So 7:01 GMT+2 is equal to 5:01 GMT.

Odd times to place straddles? Midnight Est for G/U and 5:15 am Est for E/Y? I wonder why?

I straddled the Europe Open at 2am est. Worked fine.

are the GU straddle defaults for IBFX or FXDD?

forexdude....sorry for all the questions! Do you only take one side of the straddle? Cancel the other order once one of them is triggered? I got lucky and both sides of GU gave me 110 pips today. Lots of movement on the pound/$ today.

Hello,

I have made a mistake and reversed the Break even Pips/Lock. Due to my stupid mistake I took a small loss today.

Moving on... Thank you Yannis for correcting all of the bugs in the EA

After testing out this EA on several different pairs and and settings, I have found that it is most profitable on the following two: EUR/JPY and EUR/USD with default settings for each custom EA.

I have optimized these EAs below for the two pairs.

- Default settings are the best (Default is for IBFX, don't need .set file for IBFX users). I have attached settings files for FXDD users. The only difference is FXDD is + 2 hours than IBFX.

- "The Best" is ONLY for EUR/JPY

- "The Best 2" is ONLY for EUR/USD

* Once again, these EAs are set to execute trades during IBFX server times, but I have attached setting for FXDD users *

Enjoy and post comments

- 18 Year Old Forex Trader

cmartin371:
forexdude....sorry for all the questions! Do you only take one side of the straddle? Cancel the other order once one of them is triggered? I got lucky and both sides of GU gave me 110 pips today. Lots of movement on the pound/$ today.

No problem for all the questions bro, any time.

I use the 2 EA's for my IBFX Live account, but I also have FXDD for my Demo to test my new ones out.

I trade both sides of the straddle. Thats why I set the break even lock pips very small just incase there is a reverse so it locks in profits.

I also stopped using the GBP/USD straddle EA a few days back. Since you guys are showing impressive results, I will start using the straddle&trail for GBP/USD aswell with my original settings.

Thanks.

- 18 Year Old Forex Trader

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to let everyone know that from here onwards I have created a new thread just for my "The Best" EA's (which originated from Straddle&Trail by Yannis).

Please move to and start posting on that thread instead of this one.

Thanks!

Reason: