EMA 5 13 62 Strategy - page 2

Can someone tweak this EA for me?

I'm looking to do something REALLY simple and I can't find an EA to do it the way I want.

For some reason this EA opens multiple lots on the same pair at the same time...see picture

I'd like something in the 2nd picture (513622) that just buys a single lot when 5 crosses up over 13 and sell the position and initiate a new short when the 5 crosses under the 13. I don't need tp's (just SL's) and I don't need the MACD part at all.

Can anyone assist?

Files:
51362.jpg  476 kb
513622.jpg  295 kb

Isaac Asimov

I am sorry, I saw your post but I cant help you till the weekend.

My Stupid Day Job (SQL coder) has me tied up all week.

One day I will only trade forex for a living and it will be like

Dire Straits : "..and chicks for free.."

Trading Robots are great when you have a stupid day job (SDJ).

With apologies to Isaac Asimov;

The three laws of Trading Robots in order:

1) A trading robot may not harm a margin account, or, through inaction, allow a margin account to come to harm.

2) A trading robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3) A trading robot must protect its own existence, as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Instant Kharma's Gonna get you

There must be some of the greatest traders on earth here at this forum.

They are so good they dont even need instant kharma..

Well I sure do.

(Insert supplications to Forex idols and superstitions here)

Here you go buddy, I know it opens a trade and it compiles and it does not open more than one (at least in my testing).

Its supposed to close out the other trade like you said and has no take profit.

Files:
robbooker.mq4  4 kb

Roguewave:

Isaac Asimov

1) A trading robot may not harm a margin account, or, through inaction, allow a margin account to come to harm.

2) A trading robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3) A trading robot must protect its own existence, as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Funny Guy ( but serious too... ) u are....

BTW, I agree with Asimov and Cosmic Karma...We could even blend the Robots Laws and Karma, but thats' another story...

Thanks for the stuff

Roguewave:

OMG Robocop is your trading robot? That's cool...

How does Rob choose entries? It seems like on EURUSD or USDJPY it's death by a thousand small losses...but the winners are great!

60 pips in 9 days, what a turtle!

I ran it on 4 hour USD/Swiss and I have two good trades.

but that was over a 3 week period!

Since I prefer to actually use my margin over and over again,

its not for me. It does appear profitable though....

(insert damning with faint praise)

RobBooker EA in No. 14

Hallo Roquewave. I would be very happy if you can extend this EA with SL and TP. Just when you have some time. Many thanks. karl

Add Stop and Take Profit

Here you go, a stop and takeprofit.

I think the previous poster wanted it to close on the signal.

I think maybe its 51% profitable, maybe no.

Not to commit the hienous crime of off thread posting but I had to wonder:

The only reason I user metatrader is becuase I can write my own EA robots and indicators.

So why use this platform if you can't write MQ4?? Isn't TradeStation just better? I would use OANDA since it burrows through Firewalls if you are double dipping the company Ramrod.

Files:
robbooker.mq4  4 kb

High Roquewave.

Although long, long delay. Thank you. karl

do you think you could make it double the lots if it makes a losing trade and as soon as it makes a winning one go back to normal lot size .

so it will trade 1 lot if that trade losses trade 2 lots if that trade loses trade 3 lots and so on it seems there is a maximum of 3 loseing trades in a row so when it hits the winning trade it will make up the losses.

and it would be nice if it checked rsi(21) if above 50 only by if below only sell

Reason: