Petit Pip Eater - page 2

> azjeff

Could you please explain why this EA is related to Mr. Andy Shearman?

I can't understand what you care about.

Is this EA based on his theory?

> ElectricSavant

I'm living in far east on the globe +9h GMT,

but I use "20" on ODL platform.

So, I don't think you have to change the parameter.

> MANSTIR

You mean ".mq4" file? I'm not sure about ".mql".

I'm very new to MetaTrader4.

I only have .ex4 file.

I want to talk about efficiency of this EA.

Is it too danger to run? like a martingale theory EA?

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but when I simulated this EA (every tick) on EURUSD 30M chart for the most recent year, February 15, 2007 to February 15, 2008, using the default settings (my broker is on GMT), the graph went right down. I don't think I could see any profit on it. When I looked at the simulation charts that showed the EMA's and trades, there were multiple trades all bunched together, like the EA was whipsawing. Then there were long periods in between when there were no trades at all. Normally, I would just dismiss this EA, with such a backtest. I'm not sure what I did differently from you guys.

[

Files:

The report looks like this:

Files:

I did backtest this EA, even though backtesting is often pointless. I wanted to see the how this EA worked...the "logic" behind it. The backtesting results we impressive. As per Electric's question, I'm from Wisconsin, I'm using IBFX, and I didn't change the trade hour. It worked fine at 20:00. I'd be curious to forward test this, but my guess is that it won't trade live. We would need the mq4 file.

jturns23:
I did backtest this EA, even though backtesting is often pointless. I wanted to see the how this EA worked...the "logic" behind it. The backtesting results we impressive. As per Electric's question, I'm from Wisconsin, I'm using IBFX, and I didn't change the trade hour. It worked fine at 20:00. I'd be curious to forward test this, but my guess is that it won't trade live. We would need the mq4 file.

Once again, how could the results be "impressive"? I agree that backtesting is often pointless, but how could my results be so different from yours?

But I would be interested in your forward test results...

Another EA Jan.2005 - Feb.2008

> jimven

I don't know why your test result is so different from mine.

Your setting parameters are the same with mine.

I'd tested alpari, IBFX, ODL, FXDD, then all results were the same with the last result I show you before.

I'm sorry, I have no idea...

----------

Here, this is another EA, maybe made by the same person.

This one looks better than the last one I put.

But its strategy looks similar to the last EA.

Modelling quality

jimven:
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but when I simulated this EA (every tick) on EURUSD 30M chart for the most recent year, February 15, 2007 to February 15, 2008, using the default settings (my broker is on GMT), the graph went right down. I don't think I could see any profit on it. When I looked at the simulation charts that showed the EMA's and trades, there were multiple trades all bunched together, like the EA was whipsawing. Then there were long periods in between when there were no trades at all. Normally, I would just dismiss this EA, with such a backtest. I'm not sure what I did differently from you guys. [

Greetings jimven. From what i could see your modelling quality is not as good as the one found on JoseMariaG's posts #4 and #6. His modelling quality is 90% and yours is about 75%.

This means your data is not accurate and would give false results. As you mentioned sometimes it would not even trade (maybe no data on the period).

Perhaps if you try getting a 90% modelling quality and i think your results would be like his.

I loaded pipeater on a chart and it will not trade...how do we forward test?

ES

I also loaded it, and it does not trade on demo either??? What gives?

Dave

As I stated earlier, I do not think it will forward test. It doesn't seem to allow live trading. There could be many reasons for this. One: the author was selling it and only allowed backtesting.........we all know why that could be. Or two: the EA had an expiration date. If I had the mq4 this would be an easy fix, but you will likely not find it for those reasons. If anyone has it please post it and I will take care of it when I get the time.

Reason: