Profit Generator EA - page 23

BrunoFX:
Hello, Here my statement this day with the version + adjustments of the backtests seen on the post 184 you 185

Bruno,

It appears that the backtesting on this EA (as long as there is good model quality) seems to work. I believe it is because it only uses prices and no indicators.

Here are settings that have worked backtesting (90% modeling quality).

EURUSD (H4)

Stoploss: 28

Take Profit: 13

Longbar: 16

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

GBPUSD (H1)

Stoploss: 23

Take Profit: 12

Longbar: 18

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

USDCHF (H4)

Stoploss: 25

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

Let's all work together to backtest every other currency pair we can. Let's find good long and short term backtesting that work with other currency pairs. I have tried on the USDJPY and have yet to find a good backtest that will give consistent profits. Perhaps we can all work together to find good backtesting results for every currency pairs.

I need volunteers on this thread to work on backtesting the following currency pairs and looking for consistent results over 1 year. I personally backtest from January 1, 2006 to March 29, 2006 then if I get good results with the backtest I then go back to January 1, 2005 to March 29, 2006 to see if the backtest is still reliable.

Please volunteer on this thread to help backtest the following currency pairs. Please use instructions on getting the best backtesting results possible found HERE

I need people to begin to volunteer to test out one or two currency pair for backtesting. Please volunteer for the following currency pairs and post the currency pairs you are testing on this thread.

AUDUSD

CHFJPY

EURAUD

EURCAD

EURCHF

EURGBP

EURJPY

GBPCHF

GBPJPY

NZDUSD

USDCAD

USDJPY

Thank You. Lets work together.

holyguy7:
Bruno,

It appears that the backtesting on this EA (as long as there is good model quality) seems to work. I believe it is because it only uses prices and no indicators.

Here are settings that have worked backtesting (90% modeling quality).

EURUSD (H4)

Stoploss: 28

Take Profit: 13

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

GBPUSD (H1)

Stoploss: 23

Longbar: 18

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

USDCHF (H4)

Stoploss: 25

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

Let's all work together to backtest every other currency pair we can. Let's find good long and short term backtesting that work with other currency pairs. I have tried on the USDJPY and have yet to find a good backtest that will give consistent profits. Perhaps we can all work together to find good backtesting results for every currency pairs.

I need volunteers on this thread to work on backtesting the following currency pairs and looking for consistent results over 1 year. I personally backtest from January 1, 2006 to March 29, 2006 then if I get good results with the backtest I then go back to January 1, 2005 to March 29, 2006 to see if the backtest is still reliable.

Please volunteer on this thread to help backtest the following currency pairs. Please use instructions on getting the best backtesting results possible found HERE

I need people to begin to volunteer to test out one or two currency pair for backtesting. Please volunteer for the following currency pairs and post the currency pairs you are testing on this thread.

AUDUSD

CHFJPY

EURAUD

EURCAD

EURCHF

EURGBP

EURJPY

GBPCHF

GBPJPY

NZDUSD

USDCAD

USDJPY

Thank You. Lets work together.

Hello, I have 8 copies of FXDD MT4 running right now, since Sunday last, I will be posting the results on the weekend.

I would be willing to volunteer for next week. May I suggest you allocate the pairs and setting to be used so theirs some sort of structure.

My PC seams to be handling the 8 concurrent copies of FXDD MT4 with no problems as yet. Please also indicated how long you would want the tests to run.

I also have a website that's not being used that the participant's could post the real-time, (well close enough for government work), results to using the MT4 publishing feature, I could give you control of the website for this purpose on a short term basics, to make it easy, let me know. It may all just be a little to much, but let me know anyway.

Apologies for the newbie question:

I followed the directions in post #198 (re: downloading history), and am still only getting 50% (or less) modeling quality.

What else can I do to improve modeling quality? Also, if it's a fairly quick answer, can someone comment on what "modeling quality" means in this context? I'm sure 100% is supposed to mean "same as real life", but is it referring to the source data, or something with my EA settings? If you just refer me to an answer in another thread, that's fine.

In summary, I'm getting some VERY impressive backtesting results, but want to increase reliability of those results by increasing modeling quality.

Thanks All,

Alan

marlintrdg:
Hello, I have 8 copies of FXDD MT4 running right now, since Sunday last, I will be posting the results on the weekend.

I would be willing to volunteer for next week. May I suggest you allocate the pairs and setting to be used so theirs some sort of structure.

My PC seams to be handling the 8 concurrent copies of FXDD MT4 with no problems as yet. Please also indicated how long you would want the tests to run.

I also have a website that's not being used that the participant's could post the real-time, (well close enough for government work), results to using the MT4 publishing feature, I could give you control of the website for this purpose on a short term basics, to make it easy, let me know. It may all just be a little to much, but let me know anyway.

Thanks for the support. How about picking out a couple to backtest and see what you can come up with. I have found that the three majors have backtested very successfully and want to find successful backtest for the other ones as well.

Thanks for the offer of the website, but I think the key is to keep it simple. So just post on this thread and we should get the idea.

Bruno has already forward tested what I backtest and the results are starting to look similar to the backtest. That is why we need to backtest all currency pair possible first. This EA uses only price movements so the backtester seems to be a good indicator as what we will see in the future. I spent a few hours trying to find good backtesting on the USDJPY and could not get anything that would make me encouraged about trying it.

Anybody else want to give it a shot?

amckeen:
Apologies for the newbie question:

I followed the directions in post #198 (re: downloading history), and am still only getting 50% (or less) modeling quality.

What else can I do to improve modeling quality? Also, if it's a fairly quick answer, can someone comment on what "modeling quality" means in this context? I'm sure 100% is supposed to mean "same as real life", but is it referring to the source data, or something with my EA settings? If you just refer me to an answer in another thread, that's fine.

In summary, I'm getting some VERY impressive backtesting results, but want to increase reliability of those results by increasing modeling quality.

Thanks All,

Alan

Alan,

Thanks for the support. Sometime the modeling quality just does not come out very good on certain platforms. Just post the results you are getting and I will try it out on mine to see if 90% gives similar results. Basically, you want to get 85% or better to get a good indication of what you will get in the future.

Don't be afraid to share as that is why we are all here.

Holyguy and others,

Thank you all for trying to make this system a winner. With all our testing, we should be careful so as not to try and curvefit the system. The fact that we are looking for a long bar with 17 pips instead of 15 pips is a dangerous sign. If an EA does not work because the value of a "range" parameter varied by 2 pips, it will be a red flag. We should be more interested in seeing how the EA behaves for different pairs for different timeframes. The value of the longbar should not be a big issue. Also, the profit target and the stop loss amounts should be in the ballpark. We should be looking at 30 pips or 32 pips and say that one works while the other does not. Please be careful.

Thanks again,

Maji

Maji:
Holyguy and others,

Thank you all for trying to make this system a winner. With all our testing, we should be careful so as not to try and curvefit the system. The fact that we are looking for a long bar with 17 pips instead of 15 pips is a dangerous sign. If an EA does not work because the value of a "range" parameter varied by 2 pips, it will be a red flag. We should be more interested in seeing how the EA behaves for different pairs for different timeframes. The value of the longbar should not be a big issue. Also, the profit target and the stop loss amounts should be in the ballpark. We should be looking at 30 pips or 32 pips and say that one works while the other does not. Please be careful.

Thanks again,

Maji

You are exactly correct. When I backtested the three that I did, the longbar was profitable +4 either way. However, it was the MOST profitable at the longbar that I posted so why not go with the one that over the long run is going to be the most profitable.

I am looking for consistancy here. I don't like a currency pair that makes a lot of money one week and then loses money the next. I like settings that are, in general, going to make money week to week even if it is just a little.

However, if we can find good settings on 12+ currency pairs that all consistently make money for us then we can make multiply a little money per week by 12 and we are now earning a lot of money per week, plus diversifying our holdings as to not put all our eggs in one or two currency pairs.

marlintrdg:

Very true. The great thing about the EA and Metatrader is that it appearently uses very little memory (RAM) so you can load up multiple copies of Metatrader 4 on one machine and test concurently.

I believe we are finding some good settings that appear to be profitable in both backtesting and forward testing.

Longbar- 15 (or around that area) appears to be a winner. Let us keep an eye on this one and test this week with differnet timeframes and currency pairs. It works for everything between (M5 to H4).

I am still having some trouble finding profitable settings for other currency pairs in backtesting. I wish I could be more positive. However, let's keep forward testing around what appears to work and I would like people to take special notice of any currency pair that is foward testing good yet perhaps the porfolio is down.

Great job everyone. I think we have a winner EA here. We need to keep up the work testing.

Hi all!

I'm ok to make tests but I think (as someone told before) we need a kind of manager deciding (giving orientations) values to tests. It will be essential for newbies to make "well minded" tests.

Waiting for this I will first analyse my forward tests on low timeframes made at the beginning of the week (untill windows crash..) and backtest to see if it's working in the same way.

Also, what about reversing trades? this idea seems to have sink.

jojo

mike4X:
Hey Delsule,

What Long Bar setting are you using on your 30 min timeframe? 15 or 20?

Also, I think you should try a smaller stop loss - they are killing your results.

Mike.

I'm using the first version. That option isn't in. Maybe I should try testing with that option.

Reason: