Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 90

wieb:
Hi MrTools,

Can you please make this RSIOMA_v4-Lines.mq4 indicator to NMC version?

Its also has the same error as the previous CCI Woodie Averages indicator.

Sorry to bother you again and thanks a lot for the help.

rsioma_v4-lines.mq4

wieb

If you put rsioma as a second indicator in a sub-window it is not going to be able to find the subwindow number that it is placed in. That is a problem with metatrader from a lon. long time ago : it can not find the sub-window if the indicator is not the first indicator in the sub-window. In this one you will not get that error message in cases like that and it compatible with the new metatrader

rsioma_v4-lines_nmc.mq4

Files:

mladen:
wieb

If you put rsioma as a second indicator in a sub-window it is not going to be able to find the subwindow number that it is placed in. That is a problem with metatrader from a lon. long time ago : it can not find the sub-window if the indicator is not the first indicator in the sub-window. In this one you will not get that error message in cases like that and it compatible with the new metatrader

rsioma_v4-lines_nmc.mq4

Thank you for the fixed Mladen, now the error is gone.

Files:
rsioma2.jpg  224 kb

I'm trying to use an indicator which requires the SSA library however, just having 1 chart loaded with this, causes CPU spikes and flickers which pretty much renders MT4 unusable for few seconds at a time -- is it possible to make this DLL less CPU intensive? Is there a "light" version of this DLL?

I understand if it has to do some crazy mathematical calculations but I've got to ask.

libssa.dll.zip

Files:
libssa.dll.zip  35 kb

madopter:
I'm trying to use an indicator which requires the SSA library however, just having 1 chart loaded with this, causes CPU spikes and flickers which pretty much renders MT4 unusable for few seconds at a time -- is it possible to make this DLL less CPU intensive? Is there a "light" version of this DLL?

I understand if it has to do some crazy mathematical calculations but I've got to ask.

libssa.dll.zip

madopter

The problem with dlls seems to be coming from some build of metatrader or parameters settings not from that dll

That dll is already optimized to work as fast as it can and to use as little memory as it can. If you are using end-pointed ssa, do not set a great FirstBar value (for each additional bar added in to First bar, SSA has to calculate the number of bars to get the end value). Here is an example on my chart with 3 different SSA indicators loaded at the same time and see the CPU usage (I am workig with build 628) all with default values and as you can see there is not cpu overload. If it flickers, that does not have to do anything with the dll (dll does not interact in any way with metatrader except through the array passed by reference to it - it cannot change the way how metatrader works)

Files:
ssa_example.gif  102 kb

Thanks for the tip on FirstBar parameter on the end-pointed ones. The CPU gasping seems to occur only with offlines and, this is on an over-clocked 3960X with a 32GB RAM.

Would you please name or, link to the indicators on your chart?

madopter:
Thanks for the tip on FirstBar parameter on the end-pointed ones. The CPU gasping seems to occur only with offlines and, this is on an over-clocked 3960X with a 32GB RAM. Would you please name or, link to the indicators on your chart?

madopter

You are right : for some reason when applied to offline chart, end-pointed SSA slows the terminal down (and on regular charts it is working just fine). Must see what is causing that problem. The others seem to be working fine. Will have to check what could be the possible problem. I have tested it with 4 instances of indicators using libssa.dll and see the cpu usage result

Files:
ssa.gif  96 kb

mladen:
madopter You are right : for some reason when applied to offline chart, end-pointed SSA slows the terminal down (and on regular charts it is working just fine). Must see what is causing that problem. The others seem to be working fine. Will have to check what could be the possible problem. I have tested it with 4 instances of indicators using libssa.dll and see the cpu usage result

The only thing I can think of is that extra "tick" that's added to the chart to make it look as intended?

madopter:
The only thing I can think of is that extra "tick" that's added to the chart to make it look as intended?

No

Something is bloody wrong with the offline charts. I have to find out what is it. It seems as if it is getting a command that all the bars have been changed on those "artificial ticks" and that it is what forces that indicator to calculate as if it is just starting. Will find out what is exactly going on

mladen:
No Something is bloody wrong with the offline charts. I have to find out what is it. It seems as if it is getting a command that all the bars have been changed on those "artificial ticks" and that it is what forces that indicator to calculate as if it is just starting. Will find out what is exactly going on

Found it :

PostMessageW(windowHandle,0x0111,0x822c,0);

That is a message to update the window causes that all the bars of the chart are recalculated. It was not doing so in previous versions.

mladen:
Found it :

PostMessageW(windowHandle,0x0111,0x822c,0);

That is a message to update the window causes that all the bars of the chart are recalculated. It was not doing so in previous versions.

Since there are so many variations of indicators or scripts that make offlines, is there any way to make the necessary changes to the DLL itself?

Reason: