Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 87

Metatrader7:
Could you make it as 2 separate indicators - 1st for upper ribbon and 2nd for lower ribbon. I use lots of these channels and intersections give good signals, but the system becomes very visual and it helps having additional graphical means to highlight broader zones.

Metatrader7

Try out this version

It uses objects for drawing the fill instead of buffers. Visual appearance would be exactly the same if buffers were to be used. You have an option to turn the fill on and of

Hello sir

This indicator doesn't work on build 610 of MT4.

Could you check it out, please?

Thanks in advance

Files:

davidoh:
Hello sir

This indicator doesn't work on build 610 of MT4.

Could you check it out, please?

Thanks in advance

davidoh

Here is a version that works with the new version. But one but. This one will work when you specify "/portable" switch with your terminal (when the data is actually saved at metatrader sub-folder). Will have to check what will it do when the "/portable" switch is not specified (so there might be some more changes in the indicator)

And this is a version that should work even when the "/portable" switch is not specified

Try it out. Please let me now if all works OK when "/portable" switch for terminal is not specified

mladen:
Metatrader7

Try out this version

It uses objects for drawing the fill instead of buffers. Visual appearance would be exactly the same if buffers were to be used. You have an option to turn the fill on and of

Thanks, it works

much much appreciate!!

mladen:
Metatrader7

Try out this version

I am having one problem. If I add 10 of these over all time frames in mtf mode with vertical lines painted, the entire template becomes heavy and it takes up to a minute to switch between timeframes. I have lots of CPU and RAM, but still it hangs. I am thinking may be adding a variable to display over X number of bars would help, or may be something else- creating a library or .dll.

Problem persists especially with M1 M5 M15 when all higher time frames being loaded into the chart. Switching

Metatrader7:
I am having one problem. If I add 10 of these over all time frames in mtf mode with vertical lines painted, the entire template becomes heavy and it takes up to a minute to switch between timeframes. I have lots of CPU and RAM, but still it hangs. I am thinking may be adding a variable to display over X number of bars would help, or may be something else- creating a library or .dll

If you add 10 time frames in a mtf mode then you have practially all the bars of the chart recalculated all the time (in multi time frame the least number of bars calculated is the number of bars that belong to the highest time frame) Also, metatrader 4 was never good with objects (too much objects and it was always slowed down). And with these new builds of metatrader 4 it became even worse. So, try limiting the number of bars to the smallest (I work with 5000 bars per chart and I have no problems), but if you still keep 10 time frames, this new metatrader 4 will not be very happy for that

mladen:
If you add 10 time frames in a mtf mode then you have practially all the bars of the chart recalculated all the time (in multi time frame the least number of bars calculated is the number of bars that belong to the highest time frame) Also, metatrader 4 was never good with objects (too much objects and it was always slowed down). And with these new builds of metatrader 4 it became even worse. So, try limiting the number of bars to the smallest (I work with 5000 bars per chart and I have no problems), but if you still keep 10 time frames, this new metatrader 4 will not be very happy for that

How do you limit bars to 5000. There is no such variable within indicator. Do you limit through history center or else?

Metatrader7:
How do you limit bars to 5000. There is no such variable within indicator. Do you limit through history center or else?

Go to tools->options->charts and in "Max bars in chart" set the value to 5000

Reason: