Join the Dots. - page 30

saintvalx:
MP, your chart... optical illusion!

==============================================

LOL -- now what on earth does that mean ??

mp

mp6140:

LOL -- now what on earth does that mean ??

mp

LOL -- it took my head some minutes to actually read what my eyes are seeing. Still reading thru the thread and I must say your work deserve merits and BTW, do you have your own thread where you fully explain your system?

St.valx

Question

OK MP, I think I understand the theory. However, all the indicators seem a bit daunting to the uninitiated. If we could scale them down to what you consider absolutely essential for trading this style, how would this be:

HA candles, ZigZag, Swing ZZ, LRC (or SHI Channel) and trend indicator of choice (Laguerre 2 ASCI?).

Please let me know what you think. I am just trying to get a simpler visual aid for those less experienced like me.

Thanks for all the insights,

Paul.

TheRumpledOne:
Would you please send a message to newdigital and let him know that.

According to newdigital, he gets a lot of complaints regarding my posts.

Thank you.

At the risk of being naive, did I spell that right?

People that stand out from the crowd will get attacked for no better reason than that they do not conform to the norm or what society in general perceive to be the norm!

I retired at 40, a goal set early in life and achieved.

I get in trouble for being retired and only 46 regularly, so don't let it bother you, welcome to the club.

By the way, those are not my words of wisdom in bold, cant remember where I found them, but now I shrug off adversity much more easily.

Cheers

Wayne

mp6140:
=======================================================

ONE LAST THING -- THERE ARE MORE THAN 5 PEOPLE READING THIS FORUM,

and I know a lot of them are rookies, so come on and ask

questions cause if you dont, Im gonna figure Im wasting my time !

ok, back to trading cause its fun today !

enjoy and trade well

mp

Hey, careful now, you give up on us, we may just come looking for you? Give us time to digest and observe, it may take people a few days for the bubble to appear, some it may take weeks.

Nope, I don't think you are wasting your time, just give the rest of us who are not as familiar with your system time to catch up.

Thanks

Wayne

stav01:
OK MP, I think I understand the theory. However, all the indicators seem a bit daunting to the uninitiated. If we could scale them down to what you consider absolutely essential for trading this style, how would this be:

HA candles, ZigZag, Swing ZZ, LRC (or SHI Channel) and trend indicator of choice (Laguerre 2 ASCI?).

Please let me know what you think. I am just trying to get a simpler visual aid for those less experienced like me.

Thanks for all the insights,

Paul.

=======================================================

WRONG QUESTION !!

what you DONT see on that chart are two other indicator "paks" which tell all !

NEVER try to minimize what there is to learn or use because you dont yet understand how it works --- watch it and learn what its saying to you and some day that "aha light" will go off in the cartoon balloon over your head, your smile will light up the room and your banker will give you your own room to hold the money !

I live here right now because I agree with the bosses method and i simply know, that while it works, it can be made to work better !

the world of forex is "almost" completely predictable, even when "shifted" by news because forex is a "trending" trade --- its either going up or its going down, and when it goes sideways its simply getting ready to move ---- the LRC lines on my chart (yellow) SHOW you where it will go, what the support and resistance is, and what to expect.

If you pay attention to the major and minor reversals that happen each and every day in forex, you can even help yourself avoid excessive drawdowns, but one needs to know the OTHER stuff to put that into effect.

SLOWLY, because no one can digest all of it, Im trying to show what I use for trading (and remember, there are many ways to skin a cat and mine is only one way) and put it forth slowly, piece by piece so it digests easier.

My "methods" are a compilation of years of trading equities and forex and are in no way "experimental" or a "maybe" --- well proven in combat !

the boss has a very good method --- I have repeatedly tried to teach how to take advantage of the ziggies "repaint" situation and my thoughts have never wavered, although many sneeze at the "repaint" thingie without understanding whats happening before them.

Forex trading is a learned art and "most" people can achieve anywhere from some success to very successful, while there are some who will be brilliant at it (im decently competent, and thats about as high up the ladder i wish to be !)

I will continue to try to help --- I dont know if i stay here or not, but thats down the road and my charts wont tell me that, but my interest is in giving back some of what a wonderful life has given me and right now my best advice (next to who to marry and when) is aimed towards Forex !

ONE LAST THING -- THERE ARE MORE THAN 5 PEOPLE READING THIS FORUM,

and I know a lot of them are rookies, so come on and ask

questions cause if you dont, Im gonna figure Im wasting my time !

ok, back to trading cause its fun today !

enjoy and trade well

mp

Files:
03630001.jpg  307 kb

KaMpeR:
Hey, careful now, you give up on us, we may just come looking for you? Give us time to digest and observe, it may take people a few days for the bubble to appear, some it may take weeks.

Nope, I don't think you are wasting your time, just give the rest of us who are not as familiar with your system time to catch up.

Thanks

Wayne

LOL -- im just trying to stir up the masses a bit, and i always want my posts ABOVE avery's cause Im MORE abnormal than he is !

mp

azmel:
mjramos76,

Sorry for the late reply. I was on holiday.

Here's version 3 of mp6140's Hedge EA. The StopLoss is working now if you decide to use it. If you decide not to use it, set it to 0.

I've also added TakeProfit so you can put a smaller number here instead of the locked 10 pips on previous versions. You'll also need to be aware that some brokers has a minimum TakeProfit requirement. So if this number is smaller than what your broker allow, the hedge will not open.

TimeToTrade is the time for the EA to open the hedge. Set this time equivalent to your broker's clock corresponding to 8pm EST or 1am GMT.

And finally there's MoneyManagement, where if used, the EA will calculate how big the lot to trade will be based on your free margin. For example, by putting PercentageToTrade to 50, it will use half of your free margin to open a single trade (so by opening a hedge, i.e. two trades, it will use up 100% of your free margin).

If you set MoneyManagement=true, then set PercentageToTrade anywhere between 1 to 50 depending on how far you are comfortable with the risks. If your account has 1:100 leverage, enter 100 in the Leverage setting.

If MoneyManagement is not used, then the lot size to trade is equivalent to the Lots value in the EA.

AccountType is as follows:

0 is for standard accounts where the minimum lot size is 1 and the pip price per lot is $10.

1 is for mini accounts where the min lot size is 0.1, and the pip price per lot is $10, for example NorthFinance.

2 is for micro account where the min lot size os 0.01 and the pip price per lot is $10, for example Alpari UK

3 is for nano account (InterbankFX mini) where the min lot size is 0.01 and the pip price per lot is $1.

Unlike previous versions, this EA will open a new hedge when the time arrives regardless whether the previous hedge has closed or not.

Let me know if you have discovered any more bugs.

Oh yes, after the EA has opened the hedge at the designated time, do not close the EA and restart it again during the first hour of this time or it will open another hedge automatically.

mp6140, you said you published your second hedge? Maybe I've missed it, but on what page number was that?

Thanks a bunch Azmel!

Mark

mp6140:
======================================================

Wayne,

Allow that now that Ive cooled down a bit, I can see where "babes" original statement could have been a question, although "muddied" by some external source, such as many pints at the pub or "dry goods", none of which I give a rats rump about ! I back that with the fact that she was defending herself by stating repeatedly that it was a "question" and i believe she just goofed on how she first addressed it !

that said, MY system is really no different than YOUR system, just with the addition of support and resistance to give one a point to shoot for on exits. Added to that is the observable reversals in the intraday trading, which allows people to exit a position so as to avoid the inevitable drawdowns as the currency reverses for half a day ----- its nothing more than an "addition" of "real time trading" to what you have and work with !

the GU "hedge system" is simply a throw away that makes decent money over time, which is why I refer to it as "beer money" and is NOT how i normally trade forex, just a little thing similar to a "nooner !"

I have spent years moderating "equities" sites, including some of the largest and NO ONE "abuses" me without coming out of it bloodied --- I can point to 4 people who attacked me when i first came to Forex-TSD, and are now asking for my "system" (which is nothing more than YOUR system with some add ons) --- I come on strong and have to then prove my words ---- I stopped with babe because it did not appear she was "connected" with her ideas for some reason and so I let it go. Somewhere down the line the truth will out but I think I already have the truth.

btw, she is getting upset because of her continued request for information on the zig zag (which was fullfilled, but i guess she didnt see it and directed her anger towards me)

In truth, now that ive calmed down, this whole thing is much ado about nothing and as long as Im welcome here, I remain here.

enjoy and trade well, using anything you got

mp

my question was a simple one, but you started making it long, involving pints and crap. im not upset about anything or angry at anyone. i just have the best interest of the members of this forum at heart. Think about it, I don't get anything more out of this. so my reason for questioning you was a good one.

Anyways Ive said what I wanted to say.

TheRumpledOne:
Would you please send a message to newdigital and let him know that.

According to newdigital, he gets a lot of complaints regarding my posts.

Thank you.

I wonder why you got banned and not me.

Reason: