Conversation with a trader - page 37

drknn:

The question has been raised as to whether the trader with whom the dialogue in the first two posts of this thread is real. I will tell you about a real trader. I know him since 2007. We are still communicating. This man has been living solely by his trades for years. He gave me his trading system right away. I submitted the whole system, because I had to program it. The system is as simple as a kopeck, but for some reason I did not understand it. Over the years the trading system has changed a lot. Today it is a completely different system. A man is really making money on it and knows that if he does not earn money he will go hungry. The incentive is great.

Now about how good it is.

Having got my hands on this TS I thought that my problems with forex earnings were over. But it wasn't. I only made money as long as I did not deviate from the TS. I entered by wrong signal, or left the market too early, or overestimated the lot, or moved the stop far away, or interfered in the work of an Expert Advisor... In short, I myself was the source of my mistakes. I have left the market with a "broken face" more than once. And what amazed me the most is that after a while I managed to make the same mistakes and incurred losses again. It was because I was in a state of emotional infatuation. These emotions knocked out my brain and my decision was not made with my head... Over time, I started to make fewer and fewer of these mistakes. But until now I happen to forget about them and get hit by "losses" again. The trading system locks the trader into a rigid framework of rules. The rules greatly restrict the freedom of action and are seen by the psyche as imprisonment of the soul in a prison cell. Trying to escape from this captivity, our emotions come to the forefront one more time and take over reason, paralyzing the will. It is not greed, as someone has said here. It is the natural urge for freedom. It is a natural desire to get the maximum result with the least resources. The conclusion I've made for myself based on these observations: a trader must have a good rest. Exactly for the soul, to release from time to time everything that was held back and prohibited by the prohibitions. There is only one way to get such a rest - you must fully immerse yourself into "another world" where other rules apply. For someone such a world may be a performance or a movie, for another - fishing, for the third - a trip to another country, for the fourth - fiction, etc...

From time to time this trader showed me his own mistakes and told me the amount of money he had lost by making this or that trading mistake. His mistakes cost him money, and sometimes a lot of money. It was under the influence of such blunders that the trading system underwent its changes.

I cannot say that he is a successful trader - he is not particularly rich. I cannot say that he is a failure, because he lives in Forex, and he has been doing it for many years. He simply works, analyzes and searches. In general, it is possible to be a successful trader. But the way to the "title" is terribly difficult. Sometimes I even think about whether trading is really my thing? I have been trading for more than 5 years, and by my estimation I have lost more than I have withdraw. There is only one thought that prevents me from refusing from Forex. My forex performance this year is better than half of last year. Last year it was better than the year before. I am managing small deposit which is not even 1 dollar. Maybe I can train my mind to strictly follow trading system without deviating a bit?

So I outlined the reality. I told about a real trader, who lives by his trades, about the perception of an effective trading system by a stranger. Some of you here wanted the truth. It is in front of you.

Hasn't it been possible to create an advisor using this system? After all, using it would have solved psychological and emotional problems.

drknn:

Your narrative is reminiscent of useless parables for beginners. "There are a lot of working systems, but the problem is that people just don't follow them clearly or even break the rules." THAT'S COMPLETE NONSENSE. This is what you may often hear, but it's ridiculous to read it on the MTS'niki forum. If a robot with a fixed lot is trading on history and it more or less successfully drains the depo at the rate of spread, what, it "doesn't follow the system" or "exceeds the risks"?

I am currently managing a paltry deposit which is less than a dollar.

I take it that's your 5-year achievement in the market? That's commendable.

C-4:

Your narrative resembles a useless parable for beginners. "There are a lot of systems that work, but the problem is that people just don't follow them clearly or even break the rules." THAT'S COMPLETE NONSENSE. This is what you may often hear, but it's ridiculous to read it on the MTS'niki forum. If a robot with a fixed lot is trading on history and it more or less successfully drains the depo at the rate of spread, what, it "doesn't follow the system" or "exceeds the risks"?

I take it this is your achievement in five years in the market? Commendable.

About myself.

An adept of Larry Williams.

A man is always smaller than his own dream. Consequently, if a machine embodies a man's dream, it is bigger than the one who created it.

(Ray Bradbury, "Poyu's Electric Body")

The stock exchange is a cradle of delusion. The perceptions of markets are made up of subjective observations and expectations. By the power of imagination a man can make a theory work in the world he imagines, but he cannot make the market work for him using that theory. The only reliable way to know the market, and therefore to use its synergies to one's advantage, is to remove the observer, his expectations, his biases. Only then can you hear its whispering waves, read its mood, enjoy its volatile nature, be part of it, while still being yourself, but no longer the person you used to be. Robots are one of not many creatures that can look beyond the boundary that separates the ordinary world from the market, embodying our best qualities and dreams there, beyond the boundary, with the same impartiality with which we create them.

Vasily Sokolov, about markets, robots and people who create them (May 4, 2009).

About human glitches... and glitches. Don't make such a pathos - it's empty, and if you are an adept of Larry, so you ask what's interesting, and I will ask him again, to give the adept some information

C-4:

Your narrative is reminiscent of a useless parable for beginners. "There are a lot of working systems, but the problem is that people just don't follow them clearly or even break the rules." THAT'S COMPLETE NONSENSE. This is what you may often hear, but it's ridiculous to read it on the MTS'niki forum. If a robot with a fixed lot is trading on history and it more or less successfully drains the depo at the rate of spread, what, it "doesn't follow the system" or "exceeds the risks"?

I take it this is your achievement in five years in the market? Commendable.

Think what you want. My post is fully in line with the topic of the thread. And as for the EA - I said I was interfering in its work. Read it carefully.

To each his own.

i haven't met a trader who has consistently made money in the forex market or earned like the guy from the conversation with richie... i doubt there are any such traders... i think the one described by drknn.... can really be called successful. the only thing is that everyone has a different amplitude and volume of profits and losses... the moment of maximum, we can afford cars... flats... etc. (or a packet of cigarettes... whatever) and the moment of minimum, we sit and hope for the best times...

drknn:

Think what you like. My post is fully in line with the topic of the thread. And as for the EA - I said I was interfering in its work. Read it carefully.

To each his own.

"I entered too early, too early, too early, too early, too early, too early, too early, too early, too early, too early, too early, too early, too early" - if you read that, you might think that it's manual trading.

khorosh:
"If you enter the market too early, if you don't follow the signal, if you overestimate the lot, if you move the stop too far away" - if you read that, you might think it's manual trading.
I work with Expert Advisors manually... with manual confirmation... I believe that you have to be ...... to completely trust an automated system...

sllawa3:
I work with experts manually... with manual confirmation... and I believe that to trust a machine completely is to be ...... I think you get the idea...
You also have to knock on the computer periodically, in case a cooler jams...

Briefly about Ubajal:

I think all the peacocking peacocks are already making money. However, as it turns out, there are still idiots who don't know how to do it yet.

C-4:

Briefly about Ubajal:

I think all the peacocking peacocks are already making money. However, as it turns out, there are still idiots who don't know how to do it yet.

It was a good topic by the way... You didn't answer the question either
Reason: