Martingale EA - page 98

Yes,

The lookback of 2 did not work on the kayvan lag of 3/3 on the custom progression = true, in the m5 cable with pyramid = true and filter=true.

It only did a lookback 1 on its first trade. I am waiting to see what it does on subsequent trades. Late Edit:subsequent trades are fine.

Also the lag of 3 did not work...it just adds the spread no matter what the lag said...

wolfe:
Any testing or problems to report?
Files:
bug.gif  67 kb

wolfe:
Kayvan, We'll get it. I realize you have already stated your additional ideas for this EA in various posts. I need a favor from you. Please post again ALLyour ideas in one place, so I can wrap my head around them, and try to incorporate them into the EA for testing. Thanks!

another option that we will need for back testing this ea is time interval .

notice every body as all experiments say , the best time for beginning the trade is 5 GMT .

...as some of you may know I hit a 6.40 progression and by the time the WFM got it all closed I made nothing and lost half my profit...I was still up 3.8% but here is my new setfile. I changed some things..like choose own progression instead of doubling...kayvan lag is no longer 2/2...it is now 3/3. The lookback is 2 instead of 1.

Start_Lot_Size=0.10000000

Lot_Size_Increment=0.10000000

Long_Short_Balance=0

Balance_Weight=0.10000000

Double_Lotsize=0

Choose_Own_Progression=1

Trade_1=0.10000000

Trade_2=0.20000000

Trade_3=0.30000000

Trade_4=0.50000000

Trade_5=0.80000000

Trade_6=1.30000000

Trade_7=2.10000000

Trade_8=3.40000000

Trade_9=5.50000000

Trade_10=8.90000000

Trade_11=14.40000000

Trade_12=0.00000000

Trade_13=0.00000000

Trade_14=0.00000000

Trade_15=0.00000000

Trade_16=0.00000000

Trade_17=0.00000000

Trade_18=0.00000000

Trade_19=0.00000000

Trade_20=0.00000000

Max_Trades=12

Close_All_Max=1

Pyramid=1

Auto_Restart=1

Use_MA_Entry=0

Next_Trade=20

MA_Period=7

MA_Timeframe=60

Use_Kayvan_Method=1

Bar_Timeframe=5

Bars_Look_Back=2.00000000

EntryLag_Long=3

EntryLag_Short=3

Last_Entry_Filter=1

Use_Trailing_Stop=1

Trail_Start=2.00000000

TSLoss_Percent=50.00000000

Close_By_Percent=0

TP_Percent=5.00000000

SL_Percent=10.00000000

Close_By_Profit=99999.00000000

Close_By_StopLoss=99999.00000000

Slippage=3

Number_Of_Tries=5

Sound=1

wolfe:
Kayvan, We'll get it. I realize you have already stated your additional ideas for this EA in various posts. I need a favor from you. Please post again ALLyour ideas in one place, so I can wrap my head around them, and try to incorporate them into the EA for testing. Thanks!

Wolfe, as you and all other that knows something about how to must act an martingale ea ,know, till now this ea that you made, is the best one .

but there is a problem (a big one that all the martingale experts have) .that is their progression when goes so far . but market don`t go as so far as they expect to go .

take a close look at this , Wolfe ... let`s say we are in level 7 . it`s mean we begun with 0.1 and now we are going to have our 6.4 lot size order .

while there was no such a movement in market . why we went so far ? it is not logical , in my thought ,and in this case ,if our positions were against the trend ,it is a really gambling play , and, as every body knows there is no

win for gambling players at all. most funny , when our first order goes so far in profit, but with 0.1 lot size, in this case we let it go , say 50 pips , with 0.1 we don`t do anything , but at the end of the market movement , we begin to add to our order lot sizes .in my opinion this is not logical . OK ,our ea dose not trade against the trend . that is verygood . so we are not gambling . but we need a large amount of money , to can be able ,to carry these levels to come out with no lose .

what is the solutions : first of all , it seems ,using an indicator based on price actions , will solve the problem . but as you know, an indicator also needs to be filter . but anyway it will reduce the false orders .

the second solution andbest solution(in my thought) for this problem is , let the market determine for our lot sizes increment. how ? if the market wants to go 50 pips above or below the previous candle, OK let it go but not with 0.1 lot size position ,in this case market tell us we need 50 order with 0.1 lot size. it means we must release 50 order, in every pip movement in it`s direction ,above or below the previous bar.( or every 2 or 3 or....pip market movement depends on trader risk able ) .

that was all i meant . in case of any questions,i can explain it on a chart.

ElectricSavant:
Yes,

The lookback of 2 did not work on the kayvan lag of 3/3 on the custom progression = true, in the m5 cable with pyramid = true and filter=true.

It only did a lookback 1 on its first trade. I am waiting to see what it does on subsequent trades. Late Edit:subsequent trades are fine.

Also the lag of 3 did not work...it just adds the spread no matter what the lag said...

ES,

The code for the first order is different than the code for additional trade progressions. That's where this frustration is from.

First order using kayvan method for buy:

if ((Pyramid==true)&&(Bid > High[1])&&(OTBM(Magic_Number)==0))

{OrderSend Buy...etc...

}[/PHP]

Additional order using kayvan method:

[PHP]if ((Pyramid==true)&&(Use_MA_Entry==false)&&(Ask >= Next_Buy)&&(Ask>Last_Buy)&&(Last_Type==OP_SELL)&&(Last_Entry_Filter==true))

{

Ordersend.....

}

This can easily be fixed, I simply overlooked the criteria for the first order. Sorry.

Does the look back seem to work O.K. for all the additional orders?

As far as the "Lag" goes, all it simply should be doing (as I programmed it, maybe not what people thought) is (if you enter 3) opening an the order 3 pips above the high or 3 pips below the low based on your look back. Opening the orders at least as close to this as the broker will allow due to re-quotes, or slippage.

kayvan:
Wolfe, as you and all other that knows something about how to must act an martingale ea ,know, till now this ea that you made, is the best one .

but there is a problem (a big one that all the martingale experts have) .that is their progression when goes so far . but market don`t go as so far as they expect to go .

take a close look at this , Wolfe ... let`s say we are in level 7 . it`s mean we begun with 0.1 and now we are going to have our 6.4 lot size order .

while there was no such a movement in market . why we went so far ? it is not logical , in my thought ,and in this case ,if our positions were against the trend ,it is a really gambling play , and, as every body knows there is no

win for gambling players at all. most funny , when our first order goes so far in profit, but with 0.1 lot size, in this case we let it go , say 50 pips , with 0.1 we don`t do anything , but at the end of the market movement , we begin to add to our order lot sizes .in my opinion this is not logical . OK ,our ea dose not trade against the trend . that is verygood . so we are not gambling . but we need a large amount of money , to can be able ,to carry these levels to come out with no lose .

what is the solutions : first of all , it seems ,using an indicator based on price actions , will solve the problem . but as you know, an indicator also needs to be filter . but anyway it will reduce the false orders .

the second solution andbest solution(in my thought) for this problem is , let the market determine for our lot sizes increment. how ? if the market wants to go 50 pips above or below the previous candle, OK let it go but not with 0.1 lot size position ,in this case market tell us we need 50 order with 0.1 lot size. it means we must release 50 order, in every pip movement in it`s direction ,above or below the previous bar.( or every 2 or 3 or....pip market movement depends on trader risk able ) .

that was all i meant . in case of any questions,i can explain it on a chart.

Kayvan,

I think I'm going to need some visual aids here! Sorry buddy.

I think it is working correctly on the subsequent orders..can you fix this "first order bug" and I will test further and let you know about the subsequent orders ok?

I am sure glad you can find this stuff as I have a hard time to explain it...By the way...I am not feeling any frustration, other than my lack of coding skills...

ES

wolfe:
ES,

The code for the first order is different than the code for additional trade progressions. That's where this frustration is from.

First order using kayvan method for buy:

if ((Pyramid==true)&&(Bid > High[1])&&(OTBM(Magic_Number)==0))

{OrderSend Buy...etc...

}[/PHP]

Additional order using kayvan method:

[PHP]if ((Pyramid==true)&&(Use_MA_Entry==false)&&(Ask >= Next_Buy)&&(Ask>Last_Buy)&&(Last_Type==OP_SELL)&&(Last_Entry_Filter==true))

{

Ordersend.....

}

This can easily be fixed, I simply overlooked the criteria for the first order. Sorry.

Does the look back seem to work O.K. for all the additional orders?

As far as the "Lag" goes, all it simply should be doing (as I programmed it, maybe not what people thought) is (if you enter 3) opening an the order 3 pips above the high or 3 pips below the low based on your look back. Opening the orders at least as close to this as the broker will allow due to re-quotes, or slippage.

ElectricSavant:
I think it is working correctly on the subsequent orders..can you fix this "first order bug" and I will test further and let you know about the subsequent orders ok?

I am sure glad you can find this stuff as I have a hard time to explain it...By the way...I a mbot feeling any frustration. other than my lack of coding skills...

ES

No problem ES. I'll have this fixed and posted by the time market opens on Sunday.

For not knowing how to code, you sure have a gift for finding bugs! I think you have found 90% of them! Thanks for being such a great tester.

Ahhh shucks...

wolfe:
No problem ES. I'll have this fixed and posted by the time market opens on Sunday. For not knowing how to code, you sure have a gift for finding bugs! I think you have found 90% of them! Thanks for being such a great tester.

wolfe, your a great coder.... (but having worked on martingales long enough to know better is that most of em act nuts).. I guess before you go code nuts, I would say my question to you or anyone viewing is why are you interested in martingales? Are you trying to double up because you were wrong the first time or right the first time and didnt put enough on the trade? I am not asking anyone on the thread negatively.-- just coming from someone who has been in this business awhile--- What is your philosophy of the build? Typically, in any trading are you wrong 10-15 times straight and blow the account? --- you will be if your going against a major move on a 10 martingale Therefore, I believe this should be a major part of the programming. Kayvan, is saying indicators now.. but thats a little late on this type of ea as programming would have to restart and is likely not really even doable from a programming standpoint in martingales. but the second solution is even more challenging. --- open another order in the middle of a candle if it goes in your direction but also martingale at the end of a candle? I read it as,,,guess and hope it gets there. No offence , to Kayvan. He is trading manually and the screen looks too easy and alot of things make sense. ITs not the same in ea land.

"the second solution and best solution(in my thought) for this problem is , let the market determine for our lot sizes increment . how ? if the market wants to go 50 pips above or below the previous candle, OK let it go but not with 0.1 lot size position , in this case market tell us we need 50 order with 0.1 lot size . it means we must release 50 order, in every pip movement in it`s direction ,above or below the previous bar.( or every 2 or 3 or....pip market movement depends on trader risk able ) . "..

Reason: