Chaa-Ching - page 4

finally:
I can't tell by looking at the chart how your signals are generated, so, I can't tell how to best use the Momentum to filter out false signals.

If you say that sell over 100/buy under 100 looks good- let's give it a whirl.

You can also experiment with Momentum (55).

I am looking at a chart with the CycleIdentifyer set a 1/15/8.

What constitutes a signal?

Is it simply Sell=Red and Buy=Green?

I notice that some signals disappear from the chart.

I

The spikes with two line markers constitute a signal. You can set the exit signal to true and than the next spike will exit the signal. Yes and the signals disappear bcs of the indicators behavior. That is why it scales into a cycle with small increments until a top or bottom hopeful is reached. Thats why I like your idea to use a momentum to indentify better and thinking about using a 30 minute or 60 minute momentum with it to confirm synchronized signals with the cycle.

joforex:
The spikes with two line markers constitute a signal. You can set the exit signal to true and than the next spike will exit the signal. Yes and the signals disappear bcs of the indicators behavior. That is why it scales into a cycle with small increments until a top or bottom hopeful is reached. Thats why I like your idea to use a momentum to indentify better and thinking about using a 30 minute or 60 minute momentum with it to confirm synchronized signals with the cycle.

I am noticing that the EA does not initiate an entry trade on all of the spikes.

Is it waiting for only certain spikes to initiate an entry trade?

If so, which spikes is it waiting for?

finally:
I am noticing that the EA does not initiate an entry trade on all of the spikes.

Is it waiting for only certain spikes to initiate an entry trade?

If so, which spikes is it waiting for?

The bold spikes which constitutes a major cycle change. It depends if you use a filter there may be more than one bold spike.

joforex:
The bold spikes which constitutes a major cycle change. It depends if you use a filter there may be more than one bold spike.

Do you suggest not using the filters included in the EA?

Let me know if the Momentum, in any way, is helpful in filtering.

finally:
Do you suggest not using the filters included in the EA? Let me know if the Momentum, in any way, is helpful in filtering.

With the EURUSD pair I use the filter and a SL plus exit signal. It depends how aggressive you wanna be and how much drawdown you wanna go through. If you use a filter the profit maybe less but the drawdowns as well.

The Momentum filter I do like it but must test before and code it. Just testing 5 minute with momentum filter and shift.

Another great day for the ChaaChing 10%

The EA made a net 10% today closing positions and trade new ones.

Files:

joforex:
The EA made a net 10% today closing positions and trade new ones.

That is the trading statement. Good Luck guys!

Settings EurUsd

You can try a backtest mini account:

base lot 0.01

max lot 0.06

min lot 0.03

mm true

55 tp

exit signal false

indicator

1, 15, 8

filter indi false

JoForex,

What is the maximum number of open positions the EA will put into the account on one currency pair?

Is there any way to limit this number?

It might be helpful to code the EA for an option to limit the total open positions on one pair. Risk management would be a lot easier this way.

Were you able to find out if Momentum was helpful?

Cheers,

Michael

finally:
JoForex,

What is the maximum number of open positions the EA will put into the account on one currency pair?

Is there any way to limit this number?

It might be helpful to code the EA for an option to limit the total open positions on one pair. Risk management would be a lot easier this way.

Were you able to find out if Momentum was helpful?

Cheers,

Michael

Well you could add a maximum lot size, but that would affect the results. The EA scales into a trade with MM starting at the least amount you provide in the settings. And in term of the time the trade is in the momentum shifts for a change in trend with the cycle.

The momentum works fine it has an average of like up to 30 trades so if you keep it in your margin than with the expected drawdown you will be safe!

From last night til this morning it made about 10%. You can check the charts.

Files:
Reason: