Rads Reverse MTF HAS - page 10

The HMA is a Hull Moving Average set at 36. Found it in another thread on this site.

Hey it is just an alternative I have been playing with. I like both systems, just trying to find the most effective way to work this FX beast.

Rad

the way i see it

Hi Rad, I have taken you pic, and marked the entries as I see them. I'll mark each on here why I see it as an entry. The white horizontal lines are where I would place limit orders, as it is above the recent swing high/low. Reason why I would place it there rather than enter at market when the signal was triggerd is to minimize draw down, and since we are trying to capture trend momentum, the the pulback from a price usually signifies a barrier that the price has to go past to continue on.

1. macd cross over, stoch pointing up, 2 ma green, price above orange t3 line

2. stoch goes above 0 line, macd above 0, and also green 2 ma green, price above orange t3. An alternative could be to have the 50 line on the stoch, and take the entry once stoch crosses above 50 level. I think the macd 0 line is not at the same level as the stoch 50.

3. same as 2.

4. macd cross 0, stoch pointing down, 2ma red, and price below orange t3

5. macd cross 0, stoch above 0 (50), 2ma green, limit long above white horizontal line. This is a loss trade most likely, unless u were quick to bring sl to be. Since I have yet to come across a system that doesn't have losses, so I would not look at putting in a filter to prevent this loss. It looks like the loss would be quite minimal. The only thing I can think of is that stoch is over 80 level, so OB, maybe not a good idea to take longs, but that would also rule out the first trade.

6. macd below 0, stoch pointing down, 2ma red, this would be a market order, since the entry is practically at the close of the big bar where the white arrow is.

7. macd below 0, stoch comes back up above 20 and then dips below it, probably either place limit sell below the range, or as the macd bars turn red ie the third red macd bar.

Now, these trades are over an 11 day period, and if you notice they are occuring at all different times of the day. Not sure what time zone the rad's charts are. I don't think it would be possible to catch all these trades, neither would it be possible to automate it. I haven't included tp, since these would be really subjective, and even if u employed a trailing sl, it would be hard to capture a lot of the pips, and your sl on trade no.6 would be quite a bit.

All suggestions, feedback, and improvements are encouraged.

Regards,

K.

PS Sorry rad if this is not the way you intended the system to be interpreted. Let me know, and I'll take the chart off, no hard feelings.

Files:

Not at all! Great post! Thanks for sharing your trade thoughts. I love seeing how others interpret the same chart and data.

Personally my testing says take the trade at the signal especially when the other indies line up or are real close, and stay until MACD or some other specific trade level is hit. Then again I try to watch things 24hrs when possible.

Like I have said before I also use Murray Math lines as well as the 729 and the other T3 lines as targets along with fib levels too. If I have a good trend going and get a feel for the target I can sleep OK with a stop loss in place.

Rad

Ok, I shall look into entry at signal a bit more.

Care to comment on my crude arrows!! LOL

Regards,

K>

You do realize that the arrows are painted by the indicator in real time, not drawn by me right? They are drawn when the 3SMMA of the close crosses the 9SMMA of the open, That setting seems to match up nicely with the stochastic and the HMA. The indie also gives an alert when the arrow is triggered.

Rad

radatats:
You do realize that the arrows are painted by the indicator in real time, not drawn by me right? They are drawn when the 3SMMA of the close crosses the 9SMMA of the open, That setting seems to match up nicely with the stochastic and the HMA. The indie also gives an alert when the arrow is triggered. Rad

Yeah I realised that it, the biggest give away was they were placed at the colour change

I meant if you cared to comment on my arrows, being the signals as I see them.

It would be interesting to see what the indicators look like on the 15m chart. Am at work atm, so will look at the charts when I get home.

K.

Rad

Maybe you can help me out, I am trying to put the MACD and the SMAC-D into the old template ,but they show up in defferent windows not the same way your new template shows them now in the same window ,have any ideas how to make them the in the same window on the old template.

Thx

PS, is the HMA 36 replacing the Blue T- 3 from the old template?

Rad

Does the HMA 36 repaint the past or only the current bar?

Happy New Year everyone.

Iceman,

It is easy to stack indicators in the same window. First, select the indie you want as the background. Second, open the navigator window and drag the indie you want next into the widow pane of the indie you want it on top of. You can do that as many times as you want but the last one will be on top.

Yes, the HMA36 does replace the 27 T3. The yellow, red, and purple lines are the 27 T3 for the higher time frames as before.

Feel free to mix and match indies until you find the best combination. As far as I can tell, the most important are the MTF T3 lines, the 729, the T3 Stochastic and the MTF HAS Bars. They need to remain no matter what other combination you use in order to stay with my system.

Rad

I could have sworn that there was a 1 tm 5 wave count on this chart!

By the way, hma or any other ma will work, but only in trending markets.

When ranging, it will fail, you need an oscillator then.

Reason: