50 pips a day with real hedgesystem - page 2

MP -- system works on GU, that much I know

for a few years now been entering hedge trade for GU at between 9pm and midnite EST (earlier seems to work nicely)

when the european market opens, the trade has already moved up or down (depending on trend, of course) and completes when the currency spikes. Naturally, once that happens, the currency now moves in the other direction and usually takes profit before the US open (no, not the tennis one !)

the only requirement that we observe with this trade is to make sure we have headroom on the topside or downside if the currency is close to its keltner, bols or LRC !

the nature of the wide moving GU is that it would be a rare day indeed that it did not hit both tp's on the overnite action !

and if curious, no -- no stop losses used !

enjoy and trade well

mp

jlpi:
Hi Jimbo;

I think that you could improve your strategy removing the "fake hedge" that you have and that is just making you pay additional spread every day for the great hapiness of your broker

If I understood well your strategy you open the BUY and the SELL at the same time, then at the same price (+/- spread).

Then for your example I propose the following equivalent solution that saves 2 spreads on 0.01 lots every day:

day 1

no trade, just check which side would have lost

day 2

open 1 trade long (TP 50, SL 50) 0.01 lot (because loss day before!)

day 3

open 1 trade long (TP 50, SL 50) 0.03 lot (because loss day before!)

day 4

open 1 trade short (TP 50, SL 50) 0.01 lot (because long won day before and then the short would have lost!)

Note that I put 0.03 lots on day 2 to be consistent with your calculation but it is not logical, it should be 0.02.

In my opinion this option without the "fake hedge" saves clearly money and even reduce risks if you use 0.02 lots instead of 0.03.

Otherwise be extremly careful with martingale systems....

HI JPLI,

As I understand it you need the fake hedge to make 50 pips a day, whereas what you suggest you only make 50 pips overall.

Please correct me if I am wrong, thank you.

EA for that system

Hi @ all,

thanks for reply. How can program an EA for this simple system or know an EA that handle a similar system?

The system works. I just want to trade it automatically.

Regards.

jimbofx7,

Is there a max lot size you would trade before reaching the "uncle" point? Looking forward to testing.

Thanks,

lcfxtrader

What does this mean? I do not understand.

the fifthelement EA is very to the idea

there is an EA in this thread

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

the idea in the first post can be applied using the expert in that thread with some modifications, thats what I meant

the fifthelement EA is close to the idea, you need to interduce hedge and allow trades on the times you want.

the idea is profitable but as other members said martingale will blow the account

TY..........

ICON:
there is an EA in this thread

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

the idea in the first post can be applied using the expert in that thread with some modifications, thats what I meant

Is this a hedging system ? is this method can avoid broker hunting our stoploss ?

MP -- oh, them stoplosses again

There is ONE absolute, sure fire method of keeping brokers away from your stoploss ---- DONT USE ONE !

the overwhelming number of BAD trades are usually caused by hitting a stoploss, and while I would need to more fully explain how to trade without one, and I would not advise a newb do it till much more experienced, there exists a significantly growing number of traders who DO NOT USE A STOP LOSS, AND FOR READILY AND EASILY PROVEN REASONS !

IT REALLY WORKS BY GOLLY !

mp

Thunderbolts:
Is this a hedging system ? is this method can avoid broker hunting our stoploss ?
Reason: