Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 42

Is drawdown expected, no trades closed...

Umm, I'm wondering if everything is setup correctly on my demo of Electra.

Reason being that I have a lot of open trades, but not one trade has been closed or partially closed either for positive gain or loss.

I am trading 1 lot on each pair.

I have one trade on USDMXN that is -953 pips.

I have a trade on zuausd that is +450 pips.

I have around 10-15 trades on other pairs ranging from 100 to -100 pips (at one stage all of these have been at least +50 pips).

Is this normal??? I would have thought perhaps some partial closing of a +450 pip position, and I also thought that -953 pips was getting a little bit negative.

Roughly about the way trades are closed by electra :
it starts to close positions when the ATRPartialClose level is met. ATR in ATRPartialClose should mean Average True Range but in electra there is a deviation in the way ATR is calculated (ATR takes into account gaps and in electra the range is calculated strictly on high/low basis which in some cases gives a slightly smaller range than the ATR)

So if you set the ATRPartial close to 4 (the default or if you use PrefSettings) and the daily range (current daily range and not the range when the trade was opened) is 100 it would start taking profit at 4x100=400 pips from open price

The same goes for stop loss Opened price +- (ATRStopLoss x DailyRange) = price when it closes the position

As far as I see, average daily range of the Mexian Peso (USDMXN) is about 5-600 pips (I have a big spike in my Peso data on 17.11.2008 which renders ATR to much greater values than it should be - the 5-600 pips is what I see from ATR before that date) so you should adjust parameters to those values (there are no preferred settings for Mexican Peso in electra)

I recommend that you first test electra in Strategy tester with visual mode turned on, so you can see what are the results of the settings and what is the way that electra will behave like with the applied settings

PS: just now calculated the DailyRange for Peso the same way electra does : today's (23.04.2009) range for previous 20 days is 1099.42 pips (for example just the high-low on Monday was 3066.4 pips) Your current stop loss is hence roughly 1650 pips and your partial close is 4400 pips if you used default settings (plus 100 pips spread)

regards

mladen

cr_redfox:
Umm, I'm wondering if everything is setup correctly on my demo of Electra.

Reason being that I have a lot of open trades, but not one trade has been closed or partially closed either for positive gain or loss.

I am trading 1 lot on each pair.

I have one trade on USDMXN that is -953 pips.

I have a trade on zuausd that is +450 pips.

I have around 10-15 trades on other pairs ranging from 100 to -100 pips (at one stage all of these have been at least +50 pips).

Is this normal??? I would have thought perhaps some partial closing of a +450 pip position, and I also thought that -953 pips was getting a little bit negative.

Linuxser:
Read the thread or at least last 5/6 pages. That question has been answered several times

A link on the page can be appreciate....i'm newbie here and post to get help....

i find this:

In my 10,000 demo deposit for Alpari UK broker I will use UseAutomaticMM = true and Risk = 0.8.

How can i change this setting, please just don't tell me to read pages, i try to find before i post here....

I repeat, i'm newbie and french, i do my best to find here, when i paye to come here, i tought that was a simple how to do place....

Thanks

Capture

capture:
A link on the page can be appreciate....i'm newbie here and post to get help....

i find this:

In my 10,000 demo deposit for Alpari UK broker I will use UseAutomaticMM = true and Risk = 0.8.

How can i change this setting, please just don't tell me to read pages, i try to find before i post here....

I repeat, i'm newbie and french, i do my best to find here, when i paye to come here, i tought that was a simple how to do place....

Thanks

Capture

HI

I find the way to change the setting

But now 1 have :

TRADING NOT ALLOWED!!!!!!!!!!!!

please

Capture

capture:
HI

I find the way to change the setting

But now 1 have :

TRADING NOT ALLOWED!!!!!!!!!!!!

please

Capture

I forget to clic the allowed live trading but:::

I GET AGAIN NOT ENOUGH MONEY.....

Thanks

Capture

I GET AGAIN NOT ENOUGH MONEY.....

it was discussed/asked many many times on this thread.

Last page for example ... and so on.

Shortly: EA is calculated max possible lot size accoprding to the risk and if EA is trying to open bigger lot size to you see this message. It means: EA is trying to open the orders bigger than calculated according to risk.

It is what I remember ...

Check last page and other pages.

Can I suggest that we do two things in the next version of the EA: 1) Clarify the message displayed and 2) Include in the message some more explanation for resolving the issue.

I need to reread the whole thread, as even though I have demo running with 50K account still no profits booked and nearly 10K drawdown.

cr_redfox:
Can I suggest that we do two things in the next version of the EA: 1) Clarify the message displayed and 2) Include in the message some more explanation for resolving the issue. I need to reread the whole thread, as even though I have demo running with 50K account still no profits booked and nearly 10K drawdown.

First answer is on this post and next posts

Linuxser:
First answer is on this post and next posts

Hi, Sorry but the post you linked does not provide any clarification of the cause of the error...it's just someone else saying they got the error on all accounts except 100K. By clarification of the error I mean something that EXPLAINS the problem, and leads to resolution of the problem. At the moment it does not do that.

Settings for Electra

Hi,

I have been running Electra 1.16 on a 50K demo, with 21 pairs, for the last week.

During last week, 6 trades were closed ALL were closed for loss. Currently the account is sitting at 38,400 (11,600 loss).

Even right now I have some trades that are open and are in profit. One is 410 pips (XAUUSD), the other is 120 pips (GBPJPY). Nothing is getting closed out for profit though.

Any thoughts???

I've left everything as the defaults.

Reason: