Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 28

Getting error message "Expert Advisors is Disabled"

Hi all, i just loaded the Electra Expert Advisor but i am getting a error message on the chart "Expert Advisors is Disabled". Please advise. Thanks

Files:
chart.jpg  22 kb

You did not enable EA for trading.

It is about this function:

bool IsExpertEnabled( ) Returns TRUE if expert adwisors are enabled for running, otherwise returns FALSE.

Go to MetaTrader's options and enable EAs.

Hi

Yesterday i use the strategy tester on this EA on EURUSD 5mTF from the start of 2008 it produce positive results,today I try again but the results become negative.I wonder whats wrong.

Electra is MTF EA. It means that this EA is using many timeframes for trading. So, backtesting can not produce the valid results sometimes. Forward testing only.

Thanks newdigital.

The problem was that i did the same test,nothing is changed but the results totally different.It showed negative from the initial balance.I knew that this EA is profitable as generated from yesterday test results and from all the forward tests that is shown here.I did some other tests on other EAs,results also different from what I did yesterday.Not sure if its my metatrader problem.I'm afraid that it may affect the forward testing.Well I will try on demo see hows the result.Thanks.

By the way,I got a trading strategy but I don't know about programming.Not sure if you are able to help write an EA on it?I'm sorry if i made this request on this thread or should i pm you?

It is MTF EA.

It means that you backtested using M5 timeframe. But EA is using many timeframes simultanioualy. We can not backtest on many timeframes simultaniously. Besides, I am not sure that it was coded on close bar ...

No any backtesting results are valid for MTF EAs in most of the cases.

Besides, Electra is using some kind of account protection. It means that if the equity is less or above some percentage of balance so all the trades for all 19 pairs will be closed.

To have some results similar with forward testing so we will need to backtest this EA using many timeframes and on 19 pairs simultaniously. But it is impossible for Metatrader.

Forward testing only.

By the way ... condition is not the same.

Because most important thing for backtesting is

- modelling quality

- bars in test

If bars in test is different so the backresting results will be different.

Besides, it depends on initial deposit also (during the backtesting).

---------

darrenlck,

I am not a coder. Of course I can code but it takes long time for me. Yo can place the request to this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178397 and I will ask some coder to look at this thread to do something.

Thanks alot for your guidance.Really appreciate it.

I just started to learn programming from codesguru.All these comments are beneficial to my learning also.I have also posted my request at the required thread.I'm trying to automate my system because sometimes i got no discipline so thought of having this as a good option to remove all the emotions.

"Closing orders because account equity trailing was triggered"

Hi. Thanks to all who who contribute their time and effort to this forum in order to help others more fully utilize Metatrader.

What is "equity trailing?" I see the setting in the expert, but I am not sure what is its function. It closed all of my orders this morning after my gain reached 1% of my account balance of $10,000. Is there a danger in raising it to 5%?

Can I just ignore the "insufficient money" warning? I have read through this thread about this message and its purpose. Does it affect the EA's ability to trade? In other words, if this is on the screen for a certain pair will it change how that pair is traded?

Thanks.

Chris

chris1010:
Hi. Thanks to all who who contribute their time and effort to this forum in order to help others more fully utilize Metatrader.

What is "equity trailing?" I see the setting in the expert, but I am not sure what is its function. It closed all of my orders this morning after my gain reached 1% of my account balance of $10,000. Is there a danger in raising it to 5%?

Can I just ignore the "insufficient money" warning? I have read through this thread about this message and its purpose. Does it affect the EA's ability to trade? In other words, if this is on the screen for a certain pair will it change how that pair is traded?

Thanks.

Chris

It will move your SL according with the equity not the pips.

And yes, you could simple ignore the warning.

This EA is a resource hog

i have used it on my VPS for all 19 pairs

went smooth first time i ran it after i restarted the system, boom it hanged

thereafter restarting system and restarting metatrader no use all were just hanged

if anyone out there encountered this problem and has a solution i would appreciate enlightenment

regards

Reason: