Swore2 Move Capture high ATR system - page 8

Four winning trades (48 PIPS in total) and no losers yet, thus far...just today after I downloaded the new version from the opening post...

but here is the skinny...each trades risks 70 PIPS..

ES

What does the BurstDistance value do?

ES,

You're using default settings? Thanks.

ElectricSavant:
Four winning trades (48 PIPS in total) and no losers yet, thus far...just today after I downloaded the new version from the opening post...

but here is the skinny...each trades risks 70 PIPS..

ES

Yes I am using the defaults...I am back to lotsize 0.1 per 1k because of the large stop. (have not seen it hit yet though, but the winrate will need to be high to offset that occasional hit)

ES

robp:
ES, You're using default settings? Thanks.

Why didn't this trade start ?? Would have been good. To late now

Files:
swore2.jpg  161 kb

In its present download from the opening post titled: Swore2-Move Capture high ATR-EURUSD...

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/163/swore2-move_capture_high_atr-eurusd.mq4

this EA requires a 70% winrate to be profitable because of the wider SL compared to the TP...It surprisingly has lost only one time in the last 10 entries...there are also some attempts at entries (11 of them in the last four calendar days 11/01/07 until this post) that get cancelled along the way if the EA does not like what it see's..

ES

P.S. My overall review remains to be completed. I am leary of this upside-down risk to benefit ratio. But the entry selection process (this cancelling of orders routine in the EA) may be encouraging me to continue testing. I need a hard test and to discover what market characters stress this system, therefore the forward test may last long for me...Anyways I like this EA enough to spend some time with it and it actually looks at what the market is telling it. The use of entry limits (not stop entries) are interesting also...the price must rise or fall to the trigger occassion. There are many pro-ingredients here that are being utilized warranting further forward-testing and as I mentioned in the beginning, I am not accustomed to see this caliber of EA shared in the public forums.

Running 3 versions here - original, next ver,modified. Looks good - modified did not lose so far (20 lots!) - others have losers (5 lot orig, 1 lot next ver). Still good.

Files:
statement.htm  39 kb

19 wins and 7 stops using the M1 posted system in the opening thread...unfortunatley the stops are more than twice as large as the targets...this method needs a more robust entry filter to allow one to reduce the stop..

we need less and higher probability entries....(less curve fitting and looser parameters should be maintained...just find a confirmation for the entry with at least a 50:50 Risk to Benefit ratio)

My testing continues forward on the M1 with the posted defaults from the opening post.

ES

The current download is not acceptable...the only thing that I can do is to test with a 50:50 risk to benny ratio 12/12 (assuming there is an entry edge this will reveal it)

If the thread author is willing to entertain any modifications, I would like to hear them...?

ES

ElectricSavant:
The current download is not acceptable...the only thing that I can do is to test with a 50:50 risk to benny ratio 12/12 (assuming there is an entry edge this will reveal it)

If the thread author is willing to entertain any modifications, I would like to hear them...?

ES

Hi,ElectricSavant,

For the current settings. StopLoss=15 and TargetPrfit=6, and test result is : Profit ratio=74.74 and lost ratio=25.26.

you could find that 74.74-(25.26*15/6)=11.59, that is the real profit ration is greater than lost ratio for 11.59% !

This is the best ratio that i found, so i think it's the best settings for this EA. Have you any other suggestions ?

Reason: