The 3 Duck's Trading System - page 3

Ronyn:
Thanks for sharing, are the SMA applied to Close?

Hello Ronyn,

YES sma's are applied to close.

Kind Regards,

Captain Currency.

Hello Traders,

Did you see the Ducks on REUTERS website yesterday?

Kind Regards,

Captain Currency.

Hello Traders,

OK come clean! who made a tonne of pips on Fridays moves using The 3 Duck's Trading System?

Kind Regards,

Captain Currency.

Great Stuff Captain

Captain Currency

I love your Logo and your handle !!! What great fun. And the three duck picture is priceless and a reminder of simplicity.

I've come to realize that simple is always best when it comes to me and trading.

Patch the Pirate

In VA

hi

Captain Currency:
Hello Traders,

Did you see the Ducks on REUTERS website yesterday?

Kind Regards,

Captain Currency.

wow great CC ....I'll try your system

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

I always like simple methods, for me simple method work best

and your's are simple too..

There are a lot of trading methods or systems in this forum, but none of them show how to manage the risk..

My question are:

First, Can you tell me about how you manage the risk by using your "system"?, as you said before that you've been using this "system" for the past few years.

Second, why you name it 3 duck's?, why not 3 elephant's or 3 blablabla? (just kidding )

Thank's in advance

Pj

Captain Currency:
Hello Prasxz,

I have been using this "system" for the past few year. I like to call it a guide rather than a system and use it with my own market knowledge and view it as a common sense approach to price observation. Its really impossible to say how much I made using it, because I dont just use this system on it own, but what I can tell you is it has made a difference to my P&l in a positive way. My advice to you would be to demo trade it in the live market across most currency pairs. Make it your own ie stop-loss, enteries, exits, adding to winners etc and see how it works for you.

Kind Regards,

Captain Currency.

the ducks

primajaya:
I always like simple methods, for me simple method work best

and your's are simple too..

There are a lot of trading methods or systems in this forum, but none of them show how to manage the risk..

My question are:

First, Can you tell me about how you manage the risk by using your "system"?, as you said before that you've been using this "system" for the past few years.

Second, why you name it 3 duck's?, why not 3 elephant's or 3 blablabla? (just kidding )

Thank's in advance

Pj

Hello Pj,

Good question, you put me on the spot! Is there a 100% accurate answer to your question? not really sorry

I would personally risk between 0.5% - 2% per trade. Stop-losses can be placed under lows or highs or I will run a fixed stop-loss - maybe 20-40 pips.

As I've said a few times before, I use this system as a guide with my own market knowledge, so stops and % risk depends on how my month is going and whats happening in the markets. But every trader is different so make it your own!

Kind regards,

Captain Currency.

Hello all,

Looks like cable is getting pulled into the 4hr 60ama, it has'nt been under this in a few weeks. Maybe we will start to get sell signs on the pair when everything is lined up in the same direction.

Kind Regards,

Captain Currency

Save the Ducks!

(Bloomberg) -- The bird flu virus found at a poultry farm is the deadly H5N1 strain, U.K. officials confirmed today.

The source of the infection at the farm, home to 5,000 turkeys, more than 1,000 ducks and almost 500 geese, is under investigation, the Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs said today at a press conference broadcast on the BBC.

Files:

Captain Currency:
(Bloomberg) -- The bird flu virus found at a poultry farm is the deadly H5N1 strain, U.K. officials confirmed today. The source of the infection at the farm, home to 5,000 turkeys, more than 1,000 ducks and almost 500 geese, is under investigation, the Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs said today at a press conference broadcast on the BBC.

its sad that many people will not take this serious, not your system cap but the bird flu and how very close it is to affecting humans with no way to stop it, no vacine and no idea how to even control it, shades of the early 1900's

nice little setup BTW, saw this at babypips

Reason: