Repainting indicators - page 25

lucmat:
secretcode

yes, I'm referring to CTMACD.mq4!

In the short term it works properly, but if I leave it running for a few hours and then I update the chart, the indicator changes significantly.

btw this type of indicators is fantastic to have a clear picture of the cyclical situation and the problem I have noted is definitely marginal!

Do you think DSS and HMA are good indicators to get into position? from statistical point of view, might you suggest a better indicator or filter ?

Thanks

Lucmat

Lucmat

That is a repainting indicator already

Also, do you use it on offline charts? Sometimes offline charts behave like that

lucmat:
secretcode

yes, I'm referring to CTMACD.mq4!

In the short term it works properly, but if I leave it running for a few hours and then I update the chart, the indicator changes significantly.

btw this type of indicators is fantastic to have a clear picture of the cyclical situation and the problem I have noted is definitely marginal!

Do you think DSS and HMA are good indicators to get into position? from statistical point of view, might you suggest a better indicator or filter ?

Thanks

Lucmat

Lucmat

I am using TMAs only for estimation with confirmation of other non repaint indicator

Corridor SSA end pointed indicator is good option for me

Regards,

Mladen

yes I know it's a repainting one!!! Thanks!!!

I use it on online charts but, after all, the behavior I have described is insignificant!

Simply refresh the chart and you're done...

Thanks for your great help..

Lucmat

mladen:
Lucmat

That is a repainting indicator already

Also, do you use it on offline charts? Sometimes offline charts behave like that

In your advanced/elite section is there any repainting indicator that works great?

Thanks

Lucmat

lucmat:
In your advanced/elite section is there any repainting indicator that works great?

Thanks

Lucmat

Lucmat

It always depends on the purpose of the indicator (what is it going to be used for) which one can serve the purpose. Because of that I can not recommend you one. You have to see what is exactly the job it should do and only then look for an appropriate one

Thanks secretcode

This is a great indicator!

Lucmat

secretcode:
Lucmat

I am using TMAs only for estimation with confirmation of other non repaint indicator

Regards,

Mladen

I use repainting indicator only for estimation and take signal on non-repainting indicators like DSS and HMA. May you suggest me other indicator for these purposes?

Now secretcode has told me about "Corridor SSA end pointed indicator": it seems to be a great indicator!

I love this forum!!!

Thanks

Lucmat

mladen:
Lucmat It always depends on the purpose of the indicator (what is it going to be used for) which one can serve the purpose. Because of that I can not recommend you one. You have to see what is exactly the job it should do and only then look for an appropriate one

lucmat:
Mladen

I use repainting indicator only for estimation and take signal on non-repainting indicators like DSS and HMA. May you suggest me other indicator for these purposes?

Now secretcode has told me about "Corridor SSA end pointed indicator": it seems to be a great indicator!

I love this forum!!!

Thanks

Lucmat

Lucmat

"Corridor SSA end pointed indicator" does not repaint

secretcode:
Lucmat

Regards,

hi secretcode,

do you mean the normalized one? thanks.

engula:
hi secretcode, do you mean the normalized one? thanks.

engula

End-pointed SSA made as a corridor version is the normalized (it was not made in any other "corridor" version). The usual addition : end-point version does not repaint

Reason: