How to make mt4 show 10m 20m 2H 3H timeframe? - page 2

How to get 2,3,4,6,7 etc minute charts in MT4 please?

Does anyone know how to get MT4 to draw charts in any time frame, ie, 2min, 3 min, 4 min, etc?

Really appreciate any help!

period converter

To wolfe and pipscaner :

By a little repair to this indicator I was success to have compile of this indicator.

This the file (ext .ex4) of compile from this indicator

Attach this indicator to chart and set the period you want for example you want GBPUSD,H7 chart , attach this indicator to GBPUSD,H1 chart and set the the PeriodMultiplier to 7 and check the "Allow DLL imports". You can open your required chart from file menu => Open Offline, choose GBPUSD,H7 and click Open. Your chart will be live like the others timeframe.

Files:

Period Converter

To wolfe and pipscaner :

By a little repair to this indicator I was success to have compile of this indicator.

Attach this indicator to chart and set the period you want for example you want GBPUSD,H7 chart , attach this indicator to GBPUSD,H1 chart and set the the PeriodMultiplier to 7 and check the "Allow DLL imports". You can open your required chart from file menu => Open Offline, choose GBPUSD,H7 and click Open. Your chart will be live like the others timeframe.

Files:

tsdtsd:
To wolfe and pipscaner :

This sounds great, although I haven't tried it yet. I think it would be extremely useful to be able to get charts between H1 and H4, which is a big gap.

Anyway, I don't like to use ANYTHING without the source code! Could you please post the source code of your repaired file?

Thanks.

Request: Offline chart auto refresh indicator

While using the Period_Converter_Opt on the online chart, the offline chart need manual refresh to view the latest bar. It is just a bit annoying IMHO.

So, I wonder if possible to have an indicator that can refresh the offline chart every specific seconds, some kind of timer perhaps ?

tsdtsd:
To wolfe and pipscaner :

At first I could not get the chart to work too, when I attached this original indicator (.mq4) to the chart it's freezed.

It is not apeared on chart. But after I tried its compile file (.ex4) that posted by tsdtsd then It apeared on chart.

My required charts looked live (It can move per tick). Thank you very much to tsdtsd. This is great.

I am sorry if my english is bad.

Custom TimeFrames

unfortunately, this indicator is useless if we want to automate the custom timeframe chart. We can use it only to see "offline" chart for manual analyze/trading.

I'm working in 10 Minutes MACD from long time but no good progress till now

mietectec:
While using the Period_Converter_Opt on the online chart, the offline chart need manual refresh to view the latest bar. It is just a bit annoying IMHO. So, I wonder if possible to have an indicator that can refresh the offline chart every specific seconds, some kind of timer perhaps ?

Cant you just check the "allow DLL imports" box on the common tab?

Perhaps I wasn't too clear about it.

What I meant is there is no issue with Period_Converter_Opt indicator on the online chart, i.e. attaching Period_Converter_Opt on M1 chart to build a M10 offline data is ok, and it continuously & automatically updates the M10 bar in the history.

But, while viewing the M10 offline chart, I need to manually press the refresh (right click on the offline chart & click refresh) to view the updated chart. Hence, I wish there is a way for automatic chart refresh on the M10. This will sort of making the offline chart becomes a semi realtime.

All my offline charts (90m) refresh themselves with every new tick. You should check the box and make sure it is enabled.

Reason: