Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 73

TEAMTRADER:
The stochastics zone indicator needs refreshing when the chart is opened. Is this something that is normal?

All the 'zone' indicators that I have tried have the same abnormality, the CCI zone, price vs ma zone etc.

Not a problem to me as I refresh immediately I open a chart but it would be helpful if this was not necessary.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

Tested it on 1 minute chart right now and all works as it is supposed to work. No need for a refresh

If you are using it on an offline chart, check the offline chart handling since there is no problem in the stochastic zone indicator

I opened these charts and then refreshed them - see the illustrations attached. I checked another platform on normal TF charts and it was the same - refreshing moved the zones into the correct place.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
I opened this chart and then refreshed it - see the illustrations attached. I checked another platform on normal TF charts and it was the same - refreshing moved the zones into the correct place.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

No idea what is going on with your metatrader

All I did is attach the indicator to the chart and all worked as it is supposed to work, It works correctly even in cases when data has not been downloaded for the symbol for quite some time. My metatrader 4 build used for testing is 745

I'll continue to refresh - it is on all the MT4 platforms I have tested.

Thanks - not a big deal if traders know they have to refresh. It is the same for all the zone indicators I have tested.

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
I'll continue to refresh - it is on all the MT4 platforms I have tested.

Thanks - not a big deal if traders know they have to refresh. It is the same for all the zone indicators I have tested.

TEAMTRADER

Something is wrong with your trading platform

You told that you get a freezing with Chaikin money flow and it work perfectly for me

Now you are having problems with the zone indicators that always worked correctly (and are working correctly on my new builds of metatrader). What build are you using?

Build 745 - but with all the previous builds I have had the same problems - I can cope with them as long as I know to refresh.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
Build 745 - but with all the previous builds I have had the same problems - I can cope with them as long as I know to refresh.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Are you keeping indicators in some sub-folder in the indicators folder? If you do, then don't. Problems reported in those cases

Dynamo stochastic

dynamo_stochastic.mq4

Files:

I can't see any sub folders - thanks.

TEAMTRADER

techmac:
Are you keeping indicators in some sub-folder in the indicators folder? If you do, then don't. Problems reported in those cases

TEAMTRADER:
I can't see any sub folders - thanks. TEAMTRADER

You must have at least one sub-folder in the indicators folder (that is created by metatrader) : the "examples" sub-folder

Reason: