EA & offline charts

I have a two-hour chart which was produced using the Period_Converter_Opt indicator.
To this two-hour (offline) chart, I have attached an indicator and an EA.

The Indicator, on the two-hour chart, is operating properly, and in real-time. The EA, though, is not fairing so well. The EA's start() function is not getting called. Has anyone successfully attached an EA to an offline chart like this? If so, is there a trick that I'm missing?

wboyer wrote:
I have a two-hour chart which was produced using the Period_Converter_Opt indicator.

The Indicator, on the two-hour chart, is operating properly, and in real-time. The EA, though, is not fairing so well. The EA's start() function is not getting called. Has anyone successfully attached an EA to an offline chart like this? If so, is there a trick that I'm missing?

I hope someone clarifies this, I am wondering the same thing.
Steve

brave0heart wrote:
wboyer wrote:

Steve

Stringo did write to use an endless loop here, in order to use an EA(?) with offline data 'Running Expert Advisor on Offline Chart'.  But I can't figure out to do this.  hope someone gives a simple example.

brave0heart wrote:
brave0heart wrote:
wboyer wrote:

Steve

Stringo did write to use an endless loop here, in order to use an EA(?) with offline data 'Running Expert Advisor on Offline Chart'. But I can't figure out to do this. hope someone gives a simple example.
see 'Script example'
Reason: