How to make mt4 show 10m 20m 2H 3H timeframe? - page 3

Aaahh... I get it the allow DLL on the period converter indicator. I was looking all over the offline chart .

Thanks so much traderjai_inhi .....

Gotta love those "Ah HA" moments! Glad it works for you know, I was about to make a video to show you.

mietectec:
Aaahh... I get it the allow DLL on the period converter indicator. I was looking all over the offline chart . Thanks so much traderjai_inhi .....

For everybody who could not yet get the Offline charts looked live (move per tick) :

Put this indicator (Both .mq4 and .ex4) into folder C:\Program Files\your-MetaTrader... \experts\indicators

After that start your MetaTrader, Attach this indicator to chart and give check the "Allow DLL imports".

Then set the period you want for example you want GBPUSD,M45 chart, attach this indicator to GBPUSD,M5 chart

and set the the PeriodMultiplier to 9 (because 5 X 9 = 45).

You can open your required chart from file menu => Open Offline, choose GBPUSD,M45 and click Open.

Your required chart (this example GBPUSD,M45) will be live like the others timeframe.

The converted source chart (this example GBPUSD,M5) must always located in the same Profile with your Offline chart,

and don't ever delete this indicatorfrom the converted source chart (GBPUSD,5) in order that your required chart

(Offline Chart) always can move tick by tick (refresh themselves with every new tick).

I am sorry if my english is bad but I hope everybody understand this my writing.

codersguru:
unfortunately, this indicator is useless if we want to automate the custom timeframe chart. We can use it only to see "offline" chart for manual analyze/trading. I'm working in 10 Minutes MACD from long time but no good progress till now

For everybody whocould not yet get the Offline charts looked live (move per tick) :

Put this indicator (Both .mq4 and .ex4) into folder C:\Program Files\your-MetaTrader... \experts\indicators

After that start your MetaTrader, Attach this indicator to chart and give check the "Allow DLL imports".

Then set the period you want for example you want GBPUSD,M45 chart, attach this indicator to GBPUSD,M5 chart

and set the the PeriodMultiplier to 9 (because 5 X 9 = 45).

You can open your required chart from file menu => Open Offline, choose GBPUSD,M45 and click Open.

Your required chart (this example GBPUSD,M45) will be live like the others timeframe.

The converted source chart (this example GBPUSD,M5) must always located in the same Profile with your Offline chart,

and don't ever delete this indicator from the converted source chart (GBPUSD,5)in order that your required chart

(Offline Chart) always can move tick by tick (refresh themselves with every new tick).

I am sorry if my english is bad but I hope everybody understand this my writing.

Maya,

Great post explaining how to use this indicator. Thank you.

Would it be possible to have an indicator like this but instead of having a period multiplier, to have a period divider?

An example would be to attach to a 1m chart to create a 1 second chart, or a tick chart that you could attach an EA to. Is this possible?

Period_Converter_Opt

Any body having the same problem or rather a solution for my problem. I'm running a 8Hour chart with Period_Converter_Opt.mq4 on 1Hour chart with setting "PeriodMultiplier = 8" but the charts keep on disconnecting and display "Waiting for Update". "Allow DLL Imports" is on. The 1Hour and 8Hour chart are both open. Tried everything i know. Please Help. Thanks

Tick charts

HI Boys,

I am interesting in tick charts, as they are more accurate then minutes charts.

The price figures are most accurate in tick charts, and the multiply timeframes are more consistent. The professional platforms using tick based charts, for example instead of 1 minute, they use around 60 ticks, and 240 tick, instead of 5 minutes etc. Can be seen the difference at the indicators. As a minute/ticks are always changing, so the different minutes charts could solve the problem theoretically, but practically could not be done.

Well my question is, that it is possible to rewrite this mq4 file to produce click based charts? Fe. 60 ticks, 240 ticks, 960 ticks etc.

Thanks

There is thread about ticks here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176348

More Timeframes

Hi there, my first post

I saw you guys are using often the HAS (heiken ashi) tools and different timeframes combinations.

My problem is that i dont like the possible timeframes. I saw many times, the a 2h timeframe would be better than a 1h timeframe. The same is with the d1 frame and the week frame. Why there are no 2h, 2d or 2 weeks...???

Is there any possibility to get them into my metatrader?

Thanks a lot, Luke

Good indicator by KimIV:

we can see H6, H5 and other non-standard timeframes on H1 timeframe.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173163/page3

Reason: