MQL4 Learning - page 68

Linuxser:
Are you sure your code is ok?

Well, I am not to sure..... thats why i am asking

I assume its mostly good as it is alerting me to the trades.... but just not executing them so it is something small and tedious?!

Any ideas where to look? I have made sure all names etc are perfectly correct.... the journals are not indicating any errors either....

if u would like to see code i can post it?

Thanks!

SMA over RSI in EA

hi all! currently im working on my first ea. my strategy requires among other things a RSI with SMA on it. how should i select rsi as a "apply to"?

the thing on paper:

my_variable = iMA(NULL,0,20,0,MODE_SMA,???,0);

in metatrader i got a "first indicator's data" option, but no such thing in metaeditor.

can someone help me to cope with this?

best regards,

swees

I am coding an ea, and copied some code from an existing indicator i have. When I tried to run the ea, nothing happened. I observed in the experts tab that it did not load because the ea was determined to be an indicator.

How does MT4 determine the program is an indicator? what do i need to change to allow it to run as an ea?

Indicator reversal in EA

Not really sure where to put this so that it will be seen as I really need an answer, sorry that I also made one post in icustom on the same subject. No doubt the mods will move it, anyhow here goes.

I have an indicator problem when used in an EA. The problem is with SuperTrend volty like indicator, but I have had the problem with other non repainting indicators such as FX Sniper Ergodic and Fisher.

The challenge seems to be that there are many times when the indicator points in a direction say down, but the start point of the move ends up being lower than the finish causing the indicator to show down but the data reads up.

Any comments on this, does anyone have a non repainting indicator that does not do this, or any other solution?

Please see attached pic for explanation

Files:
pic.jpg  38 kb

jjasper7:
I am coding an ea, and copied some code from an existing indicator i have. When I tried to run the ea, nothing happened. I observed in the experts tab that it did not load because the ea was determined to be an indicator. How does MT4 determine the program is an indicator? what do i need to change to allow it to run as an ea?

There was an article at mql4.com about converting indicators into EAs

Chek for OpenOrders and =

Hello!

I need just a little help..

I have a problem in the code..

Example:

Check for OpenOrders and if there is 1 open order, the next open order will be 1 lot. If there is 2 Opened orders the next one will be whit 2 lots..: I have Buy signal,the expert chek for OpenOrders and found 1 Order=> the order that will be open will be whit 1lot.....

Something like this. But becaouse I don't know the correctly code for Order counting i need help ...

Please help..

Good luck!

P.S Sorry for my bad EN.

Where to find an EA template ?

Hi,

I'm searching for a EA template in order to code my own system based on what I'm doing manually..

I know trade conditions and I'm able to code it.. But I see in every EAs that code order and code section have an importance..

I mean, there's usually 3 sections in a EA : the first is for settings , the second for trade opening, the third for trade closing. DOes anyone knows where that sort of template can be found ?

Thanks.

WFXA:
Hi,

I'm searching for a EA template in order to code my own system based on what I'm doing manually..

I know trade conditions and I'm able to code it.. But I see in every EAs that code order and code section have an importance..

I mean, there's usually 3 sections in a EA : the first is for settings , the second for trade opening, the third for trade closing. DOes anyone knows where that sort of template can be found ?

Thanks.

MQL4 Code Base: expert advisors, custom indicators, scripts and libraries

Detect open/close/modify trade

Hi all,

this is my first post

Is there a way to detect open/close/modify trade events in mt4? There aren't any event callbacks are there?

I want to detect everything about a trade (by EA or manually) ASAP, what is the best way to do it?

I know I can parse the logs, but is there a more efficient way?

Thanks

help with changing lot codes

I have a decent EA that I would like to edit a bit. First, it trades at fixed lots. I would like to edit it so that the lots increase with the account balance. I would also like to double lot size after loss, then resume to normal after win. Any help would be appreciated.

Reason: