Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 9

walterw:
you know bigbear... the move of stop to break even after certain response on the move can really be powerfull for the overall performance of the system... as it may reduce considerably loses and make a much better RRR... your output on that case is : or you make good $$$ or you just walk out even ...

Hey walterw,

If I get the chance to break even or more i always take it. Although I like to be carefull not to make the stops 2 tight.

I made that mistake about 2 weeks ago & got stopped out with +150 the it went over 1000!!!!!

I kicked myself for that. But 1000 pip move in a trading week in not uncommon on the POUND/YEN.

Hope that helps,

Bear-

jtre:
You are right, price turned against me, but I had already moved my s/l to lock in 15 pips of the move. When I checked on the trade a little later I saw that I was knocked out of it. Today's total +212 pips!

Hey jtre,

Very good job!!

That shows how easy it is to just jump in. Learning curve is small as long as you dont try to complicate it.

Im saying it cant be improved upon, but by itself it works great!!!

Keep It Up & Keep Me Posted..

Bear-

droesparky:
jtre are all those pips from using the bouncing pip system?

Hey droesparky,

I should have said something from the start but we call this system FTC which is short for FLOOR TO CEILING. In case you see it elsewhere that is the orignal name for the system. Not that its a big deal or anything but copycats run wild in the forex world so just so you all know..

Thanks,

Bear-

nohills:
Hi Bigbear,

Very nice thread! I have been following this one for a few days.

Maybe I can give a try to the questions:

1) BARN = number of bars to use

2) FROM = most recent bar to start with

3) Alert signal is set to every new bar which meets the conditions

regards,

nohills

Hey nohills,

Thanks for the info.

About the alert i meant is there a way it can keep ringing until we stop it. Like if im sleeping I wont wake up with that little ding

Thanks,

Bear-

FTC it is then.

Here is another arrow marker for you to try, I must have a half dozen in my indicators. This one is good one Im checking for repaint, which I think they all will do at least until the bar is close. but if we find one that dosent move after the bar is close then we can work from it a lot better.

I use 3, 6, 500 for the settings on hour or 4hr chart

Files:

Stop loss ?

Hi bear - system looks promising... what happens if price continues to move against us and zig zag repaints do we only exit at opposite signal or is there a set stoploss pip amount ?

I would set a stop of no more then the low or high of the candle you got the signal from.

bigbear3391:
Hey user4001,

I have applied this to my charts & I must say I like it. When you change the settings to match the POINTER it aligns perfectly, warps & all.

A few questions if I may.

1) Whats BARN?

2) Whats FROM?

3) Is there a way to have the audible go off more than once?

Thanks for all your help,

Bear-

bigbear

I newer used the indicator before but I think BARN is a setting that works the same as "shift" in other indicators.If you make it 3 for instance the indicator will wait for 3 bars after it pass the actual point before it will make the dot . Maybe the idea is to use it as a filter.

FROM is the amount of history bars it will use to put the dots on.

Not sure about the alert.

Attached is an EA that will put the stops ,trailing stop and move the stop to breakeven plus x amount of pips. You will have to manually initiate the trade

Files:

user4001:
bigbear

I newer used the indicator before but I think BARN is a setting that works the same as "shift" in other indicators.If you make it 3 for instance the indicator will wait for 3 bars after it pass the actual point before it will make the dot . Maybe the idea is to use it as a filter.

FROM is the amount of history bars it will use to put the dots on.

Not sure about the alert.

Attached is an EA that will put the stops ,trailing stop and move the stop to breakeven plus x amount of pips. You will have to manually initiate the trade

Do you happen to know if the EA affects all open trades or just the trades of the specific pair who's chart you put it on? Thanks!

Reason: