The Only Pivot - page 131

Poocher:
Great contributions Xard777.

The zigzag makes so much sense.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Zigzag is good. We just need to get around the repaint issue.

Happy New Year 2008

This LSMA still not working

droesparky:

What do you mean by not working?

droesparky:

Hi, im really sorry. Just type LSMA in forex-tsd search to find it. its called MTF_LSMA

tonydtrader:
Hi, im really sorry. Just type LSMA in forex-tsd search to find it. its called MTF_LSMA

The MTF LSMA you posted does work. In order for any MTF indicators to work, one always needs the non-MTF executable version also in the inidcators folder.

et_phonehome_2:
The MTF LSMA you posted does work. In order for any MTF indicators to work, one always needs the non-MTF executable version also in the inidcators folder.

oh, thanks for the info. Ill post an updated zip file later, that should fix it

/ hope u all making grat money this week! hehehe

tonydtrader

I guess that AMA with no dots mean no trade, correct?

et_phonehome_2:
tonydtrader I guess that AMA with no dots mean no trade, correct?

yep, no point in opening a trade in a sideways market, better to wait for a blue or red dot and allow the candle to close and confirm it (to prevent indicator realtime repaint fakeouts) then trade on next candles.

I only have the ama to avoid ranging/sideways/stubborn markets hehehe

et_phonehome_2:
tonydtrader I guess that AMA with no dots mean no trade, correct?

You can use the MTF_LSMA and HMA to detect the trend and the daily pivot for more confirmation, then use the ama to void the sideways, step in market and i bet if u respect the indicators, you will see your trade zoom in +pips as soon as you opened the trade.

xard777

For the zigzag, when would the other leg start to draw? I am curious since I always hear that it repaints, but I guess if one does not flip between charts then it should not repaint, is that correct?

In the chart below, zigzag is downwards [point A], therefore, the PrevDayPivotFloat should be up [point B]. When zigzag does draw, we should see an up leg along point B. We also see that the PrevDayPivotFloat [point C] is magenta, let's see if we will get a zigzag going downwards....

I never used zigzag before, just curious as to how it will play out.....

DISREGARD MY QUESTION: I found my answer, just I wonder how can anyone actually use this in live trading.........

Files:
eurjpy_1h_1.jpg  74 kb
Reason: