The Only Pivot - page 187

Guys, please help .. how to avoid it?

Woke up with tons of -ve pips :-) (luckily in demo).

Any idea how to avoid these false signals???

Files:
aj.jpg  26 kb
ej.jpg  18 kb
uc.jpg  32 kb

TimeFreedom:
It's good to know the EA is performing as it should based on the strategies criteria. One of the bugs I noticed on my test was on the reversal signal the EA would close one of the lots and not the other. Based on your results thus far it sounds like the EA is doing well and most likely my data is to blame for the inconsistencies. Please keep us updated on the EA's performance with screenshots if possible throughout this week? TimeFreedom

Hi Freedom

Ill try and update the thread as much as i can on the Ea's Performance

Here is the latest Buy signal after the reversal today

I am Currently 22 pips up

Pavlos

Files:
chart.gif  16 kb

Get yourself a good filter.

syedks:
Woke up with tons of -ve pips :-) (luckily in demo). Any idea how to avoid these false signals???

You might want to consider trading only one or two pairs that suites best for this method and trade them during market hours. A good filter is also essential.

Raju:
You might want to consider trading only one or two pairs that suites best for this method and trade them during market hours. A good filter is also essential.

Thanks Raju .. do we know what are the best pairs for this system? and what filters must be used?

cheers

syedks:
Thanks Raju .. do we know what are the best pairs for this system? and what filters must be used? cheers

GBPJPY I feel is best. Just also put the "only pivot" on USDJPY & GBPUSD and wait until their signals to line up. Today, for examlpe, signals were mixed. So, no trade today. This is just one approach.

Jim

jarro:
GBPJPY I feel is best. Just also put the "only pivot" on USDJPY & GBPUSD and wait until their signals to line up. Today, for examlpe, signals were mixed. So, no trade today. This is just one approach. Jim

Check the 23rd of Jan. USDJPY and GBPUSD signals were to short. GBPJPY dropped close to 500 pips! This approach takes patience.

Jim

jarro:
Check the 23rd of Jan. USDJPY and GBPUSD signals were to short. GBPJPY dropped close to 500 pips! This approach takes patience. Jim

Cheers mate.

I was trying to use this method for ALL pairs

Good point to stick to just one or two ... I'll try it with UJ and GU - sounds good.

I thought of RSI to check if its over bought/sold before taking a trade .. good idea you think?

Good to hear you are doing well with another broker and yes it does prove we can use this strategy with other brokers. I was getting concerned that we could only trade this strategy with GMT+0 brokers. I appreciate the clarification.

TimeFreedom

dxtrade:
Sorry my friend, but I don't want to.

I'm trading this live since pretty much the beginning of the thread... and I'm happy with the FXDD pivot.

I tried the shifted... at the end of the month we will have more or less the same result... one day you lose, one day it's me.

That just proves me that the idea of Steve is working anyway.

I know he made this setup for GMT+0, but it's working as well in GMT+1 or GMT+2

syedks:
Cheers mate.

I was trying to use this method for ALL pairs

Good point to stick to just one or two ... I'll try it with UJ and GU - sounds good.

I thought of RSI to check if its over bought/sold before taking a trade .. good idea you think?

I don't use any other indicators. The Only Pivot, Support/Restence levels and pure Price Action. That's it.

Jim

jarro:
Check the 23rd of Jan. USDJPY and GBPUSD signals were to short. GBPJPY dropped close to 500 pips! This approach takes patience. Jim

Duhh . . . Yesterday the 4th. Nice line up. I made 122 pips.

Reason: