Automated Trading Championship: 2006 and 2007 - page 9

Automated Trading Championship 2007:Interview with AL Parsai

On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Al Parsai has been published. Al Parsai develops solutions for users of MetaTrader 4 and teaches how to develop Expert Advisors and other MQL4 programs. He is going to participate in the Automated Trading Championship 2007. He is preparing his special EA for this now. As against Ahmed Soliman (CodersGuru), Al takes his independent stand on money management - I would say while Money Management is a very important element, a complete EA is the one that consists of a successful strategy, risk management, and money management.

The interview was published on the website of Automated Trading Championship 2007 in the News section.

Mathematics in Trading: How to Estimate Trade Results.

On the website of Automated Trading Championship 2007, a new article by Rashid Umarov (Rosh), "Mathematics in Trading: How to Estimate Trade Results", has been published. A certain level of mathematical background is required of any trader, and this statement needs no proof. The matter is only: How can we define this minimum required level? In growth of his or her trading experience, trader often widens his or her outlook "single-handed", reading posts on forums or various books. Some books require lower level of mathematical background of readers, some, on the contrary, inspire one to study or brush up one's knowledge in one field of pure sciences or another. We will try to give some estimates and their interpretations in this single article.

The full text of the article is published on the Automated Trading Championship 2007 website in the News section.

Video Interview with Rashid Umarov

On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, a Video Interview with Rashid Umarov has been published. Rashid Umarov participated in the Automated Trading Championship 2006. Rashid continuously studies and analyzes financial markets, develops analytical tools. In his video interview, he tells about how he analyzed information for the new Championship's reporting - "the main conclusion is that it is insufficient to have a profitable strategy: it is necessary to strengthen its advantages and smooth its disadvantages. This is the point in money management: You should gain the largest profit from your approach, your Expert Advisor, your system with minimal risk and in maximal amounts, without being short of it. This is the most important thing, to my mind."

The video interview was published on the website of Automated Trading Championship 2007 in the News section.

Interview with Alexander Pozdnishev

On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Alexander Pozdnishev (AlexSilver) has been published. Alexander Pozdnishev better known as AlexSilver has large experience in working on financial markets. He fully participates in various projects. He developed a stable trading stradegy Silver-channel - "the strategy is not super-profitable, nor very successful. It gives rather modest profit percentage on historical data, but has a small and stable (for almost all currency pairs) positive mathematical expectation. This is why I use it for purposes of teaching how to trade with the strategy".

The video interview was published on the website of Automated Trading Championship 2007 in the News section.

ATC 2007 EA Verification Results

Today I see that my verification results have been posted in my profile on the ATC 2007 website. The Strategy Tester results reported in my profile are very similar to results I get with the MetaQuotes Contest Demo Strategy Tester. The ATC 2007 posted results are astonishingly good, over 1600% profit for the 8 months tested by MetaQuotes.

My question is this. If I had run a standard Demo account on the same server, would it be a reasonable expectation to have similar positive results for the same 8 months?

Russian Automated Trading Championship Forum Thread

The competition starts 1 month from now. The Russian Automated Trading Championship 2007 forum thread is very active. I would advise all interested non-Russian speaking parties to read the translated version. Use one of these 2 links.

MQL4: forum on the mechanical commercial systems and testing of strategies

http://forum.mql4.com/ru

Then click on the Automated Trading Championship 2007thread at top of the page.

Good reading and some interesting insights to the ATC 2007 competition. MetaQuotes post information in the Russian thread first.

how can I get a copy of this ea, if it is possible?

Thanks

klenecut:
how can I get a copy of this ea, if it is possible? Thanks

If you re referring to post #87, this EA is not available for distribution.

Reason: