Automated Trading Championship 2007 - page 3

You're welcome. Also see https://championship.mql5.com/2012/en . Rules of ATC 2007 are similar.

The Rules states that the EAs will be connected to the server (demo.metaquotes.net:443). I would like to Backtest my EA with History Data from demo.metaquotes.net:443 before submitting EA to ATC 2007. Please advise method for existing or new demo account to permit Backtesting an EA with History Data from demo.metaquotes.net:443.

If I use the Download function in the History Center from an existing FXDD or Alpari demo accout, will this download History Data from demo.metaquotes.net:443 ?

Thank you in advance,

Wackena

wackena:

The Rules states that the EAs will be connected to the server (demo.metaquotes.net:443). I would like to Backtest my EA with History Data from demo.metaquotes.net:443 before submitting EA to ATC 2007. Please advise method for existing or new demo account to permit Backtesting an EA with History Data from demo.metaquotes.net:443.

If I use the Download function in the History Center from an existing FXDD or Alpari demo accout, will this download History Data from demo.metaquotes.net:443 ?

Thank you in advance,

Wackena

I have opened a MetaQuote demo account at Server address demo.metaquotes.net:443. I set Options Max bars in History and Chart to 999999999 and Auto Scroll is turned off. When I Refresh (synchronize) GPBUSD M1 data, it only scrolls back to 4 June 2007. Other timeframes refresh back multiple years. Why does M1 timeframe on only Refresh (synchronize) back to 4 June 1007.

Wackena

wackena:
wackena:

Thank you in advance,

Wackena

I have opened a MetaQuote demo account at Server address demo.metaquotes.net:443. I set Options Max bars in History and Chart to 999999999 and Auto Scroll is turned off. When I Refresh (synchronize) GPBUSD M1 data, it only scrolls back to 4 June 2007. Other timeframes refresh back multiple years. Why does M1 timeframe on only Refresh (synchronize) back to 4 June 1007.

Wackena

You can download History Data from History Center. See 'How works downloading from History Center'

MQF:
Opps,

The 10 billion system, and its only till May, 2005 , what would it have been if it back tested till 2007. 7.28 ?
The modeling quality says it 90% so I must have a pretty good trading system.

Any one who can beat me in producing this numbers in MT 4?

Wow, if you partecipate to the Championship with this EA no way for other partecipants to win it, very powerful!!

I see many people ask to send it to them via email, if you can send it to me, i can appreciate, i just want to give a look inside the code, if you like.

tunera@hotmail.it

thank you very much

I'm Demo testing an EA on the ATC2007 demo server and also backtesting the EA with the Strategy Tester. So far, no errors found in the Journal with the Demo. But, I get intermiten "OrderModify error 1" in the Strategy Tester Journal.

" error 1" is described as an OrderModify call with same values. At least one value needs to be changed. I thought this code below would assure that the StopLoss value would have to be different before OrderModify() call.

// for buy orders
if(ts>OrderStopLoss() && ts!=OrderStopLoss()) {
OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),ts,OrderTakeProfit(),0,GreenYellow);
}

// for sellorders
if(ts<OrderStopLoss() && ts!=OrderStopLoss()) {
}

I have used this code in other EAs and no errors. Is there something with design of EA for the ATC2007 that I need to know? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

If this EA has repeating intermitten "error 1" during the ATC 2007 competition, would this EA be disqualified.

To forum Administrators: If you need to review more EA code to help, please advise email address and I will send EA source code.

Wackena

I found resolution to my problem. I modified above code as follows and error 1 message has stopped.

Wackena

// for buy orders
if(ts>OrderStopLoss()+Point) {
}

// for sellorders
if(ts<OrderStopLoss()-Point) {
}

I'm posting in this thread again to update it to current 1st page of this forum. The competition starts 1 month from now. The Russian forum equivalent of this thread is very active. I would advise all interested non-Russian speaking parties to read the translated version. Use one of these 2 links.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ru_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fforum. mql4.com%2fru%2f

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.mql4.com%2Fru&langpair=ru%7Cen

Then click on the Automated Trading Championship 2007 thread at top of the page.

Good reading and some interesting insights to the ATC 2007 competition. MetaQuotes post information in the Russian thread first.

On the Russian Automated Trading Championship 2007 forum thread, MetaQuotes posted notice that verification test on participant EAs had started and results will be posted to participant profiles. I am not aware of notice being posted anywhere on the English forum. I would like to suggest that MetaQuotes should post these type notices on ru, en & cn forums.
On 2007.08.29, I saw that my verification results had been posted in my profile on the ATC 2007 website. The Strategy Tester results reported in my profile are very similar to results I get with the MetaQuotes Contest Demo Strategy Tester. The ATC 2007 posted results are astonishingly good, over 1600% profit for the 8 months tested by MetaQuotes.

My question is this. If I had run a standard Demo account on the same server, would it be a reasonable expectation to have similar positive results for the same 8 months?

Try, why not?
Reason: