Automated Trading Championship: 2006 and 2007 - page 2

Interviews

by the way guys, we are posting interviews with famous persons of Automated Trading World on the site of Championship. For now we posted an interview with Segey Kovalyov (SK). He wrote several articles, developed his own stratgy AutoGraf.

Next will be Rosh. He wrote several dozens of the article, which are posted on Alpari`s site. Both of them are very popular in the trading and automated trading in Russia.

If you got "some reputation" (wrote interesting articles, a book, developed your own strategy and so on) we can make interview with you. It will be additional opportunity for you to make youself more popular. Just drop me a PM.

Programming wiz:
So you give a prize of 40,000$ to a code that can produce 1000000000...............You are not fooling anybody. These guys will steal your experts.

Totaly agree with you... i have many well working systems !

I don´t think any time to challenge it with outhers, brokers only waiting about this challenge, systems which doing good are forbidden later... or they try it with a backdoor method....

EXAMPLE: IBFX limits open trades to 100 per live account from the 15. september on ...

WHY ???

Think about it... many well working grid systems need this and more number of open trades....

Hope this helps,

mr.trader

This "championship" is like a horse race in which the competitors are told to bring their horses to be tested by the judge (instead of riding them)...

I wonder, since it is anonymous, is there any objective judge to check the real results?

Sorry for being cynical, but this was the exact way used in my country (many years ago) to get free information.

the companies who arranged the competitions, used to "invent" their own winners and to get the information they wanted for free, in the same way...

SimonFX:
This "championship" is like a horse race in which the competitors are told to bring their horses to be tested by the judge (instead of riding them)...

I wonder, since it is anonymous, is there any objective judge to check the real results?

Sorry for being cynical, but this was the exact way used in my country (many years ago) to get free information.

the companies who arranged the competitions, used to "invent" their own winners and to get the information they wanted for free, in the same way...

I don't know.

They estimated the rules, they found the sponsors for $80,000 prize, sponsors believed in them.

So ...

it seems MetaQuote server block opening trade when sudden move occur too

cos my ea should open an order at that signal time (2006.09.07 10:51)

but it open at 11:20 ... late for 30 min.

3 position restriction

holyguy7:
The maximum amount of simultaneously opened positions and pending orders is 3.

That rule, does it mean that you can only have 3 total open trades at any given time or does it mean that 3 given trades per currency pair. Let me say that this rule would eliminate 99% of experts out there if it means ALL currency pairs.

Thanks.

The contest only puts an EA on a single chart, so multi-pair isn't an issue.

However, I still agree the 3 total orders limit is a bit ornerous. I have a stone-simple strategy, but it ran immediately into this problem if multiple signals are given. It took several times more time to code a work-around to keep the strategy intact than the original strategy code.

I had thought this was an anti-grid or a resource preservation technique, but now I think it's just a limiter to force single-entry type designs. Obviously there are adaptations possible, and such restrictions can narrow the field to only thoughtful EAs which can help with their judging process. An errant order opening will DQ the EA and that's one less EA to watch.

-

Anyone that has an EA generating a $B will certainly not participate for $40k. However, the poor coders eeking out account less than a quarter that prize fund will stand to gain trading capital.

-

I'm very pleased they will run the code uninterrupted on their servers. My own system has far too many interruptions for long term tests. I get a free long term test even if my EA eats some other EA's dust. I'll be jazzed to finish profitable.

-

Offering a prize this large for a demo-based long-term trade does not seem trivial to me. I'm sure they care very little about who doesn't show up with their killer EA compared to those who would game the system. For example, watching for someone teaming with a buddy to each code a buy-&-hold of max lots in each direction. One account will blow up and the other stands to make a few hundred pips (average quarterly body) on 5 lots. such a 200%+ return sounds pretty competitive. I think this is precisely what the jury will be watching for to cut out. The last thing they want is to have someone win, go through all the interview and lauds to the winner, and then find they cheated. "you can only win if you cheat!" is the last thing they want to publicize as broker/software community. Doesn't attract new customers.

Even so, I'd be surprised at any contest trader that is set up exactly like the real-money live trader would be set up.

Who participates in championship?

sashken:
Who participates in championship?

i see you are on the top today.. ..good job

phoenix:
i see you are on the top today.. ..good job

Thanks, what your login in Championship?

Reason: