candle Moving Average

Hello everyone

coding for candle MA..

but the problem is the EA will not place trade at next candle open.. it places the trades lately

my code

double m2=iMA(Symbol(),0,MA_Period,0,MA_Method,MA_Price,2); 
double m1=iMA(Symbol(),0,MA_Period,0,MA_Method,MA_Price,1); 
double m0=iMA(Symbol(),0,MA_Period,0,MA_Method,MA_Price,0); 
bool buy_entry=Low[1]<Low[2]&&Low[2]>m2&&Low[1]<=m1&&Low[0]>Low[1]&&High[0]>High[1]&&Low[0]>m0;
bool sell_entry=High[1]>High[2]&&High[2]<m2&&High[1]>=m1&&Low[0]<Low[1]&&High[0]<High[1]&&High[0]<m0;

Abubakar Saidu:

Hello everyone

i succeeded in coding for if candle rejects MA..

but the problem is the EA will not place trade at next candle open.. it places the trades lately

my code

the problem

bool NewBar()
  {
   static datetime lastbar;
   datetime curbar=Time[0];
   if(lastbar!=curbar)
     {
      lastbar=curbar;
      return (true);
     }
   else
     {
      return(false);
     }
  }
double m2=iMA(Symbol(),0,MA_Period,0,MA_Method,MA_Price,2); 
double m1=iMA(Symbol(),0,MA_Period,0,MA_Method,MA_Price,1); 
double m0=iMA(Symbol(),0,MA_Period,0,MA_Method,MA_Price,0); 

bool buy_entry=Low[1]<Low[2]&&Low[2]>m2&&Low[1]<=m1&&Low[0]>Low[1]&&High[0]>High[1]&&Low[0]>m0;
bool sell_entry=High[1]>High[2]&&High[2]<m2&&High[1]>=m1&&Low[0]<Low[1]&&High[0]<High[1]&&High[0]<m0;

if(NewBar() &&  buy_entry) // Ordersend Buy 
if(NewBar() &&  sell_entry) // Ordersend Sell

code 

You can not call NewBar() more than once per tick.

Hi, thanks to you all forreplying.

i tried the above code.. sometimes work and sometimes not

1. "Doesn't work" is meaningless — just like saying the car doesn't work. Doesn't start, won't go in gear, no electrical, missing the key, flat tires — meaningless.
  2. You haven't posted code that does anything. Do you really expect an answer? We can't see your broken code. There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked.

Mehmet Bastem:

code 

Try this:

bool new_bar = NewBar();

if(new_bar &&  buy_entry) // Ordersend Buy 
if(new_bar &&  sell_entry) // Ordersend Sell

Abubakar Saidu:

hahahaa....

my mistake.. forgot to paste the code

Yes - it works if you buffer the result of NewBar. You can call it only once per bar, the second time it will go to "false". But you call it twice, so you need to buffer the first result.

yes it works..

back-test for 5 months only a single trade opened at candle open

without new_bar many of trades opened late

if(com_buy==true){buy=1;}
if(com_sell==true){sell=1;}}

only a single trade, at candle open

bool com_buy=false, com_sell=false;
bool new_bar = NewBar();
buy=0
//entry conditions
if(adx_sell1 && adx_sell2)adxsell=true; 
if(adx_buy1 && adx_buy2)adxbuy=true;
if(buy_entry && adxbuy=true)com_buy=true;
if(sell_entry && adxsell=true)com_sell=true;

//----
if(com_buy==true  && new_bar){buy=1;}
if(com_sell==true && new_bar){sell=1;}}

bool com_buy=false, com_sell=false;

if(buy_entry)com_buy=true;
if(sell_entry)com_sell=true;
if(adx_sell1 && adx_sell2)adxsell=true; //entry conditions
if(adx_buy1 && adx_buy2)adxbuy=true;
//----
if(com_buy==true && adxbuy==true && NewBar()){buy=1;break;}
if(com_sell==true && adxsell==true && NewBar()){sell=1;break;}}
  1. Simplify your code,
    bool com_buy=buy_entry;
    bool com_sell=sell_entry;
    remove the redundant variables.
  2. adx_sell1, adx_sell2, adx_buy1, adx_buy2 are doubles not booleans. Since they will never be exactly zero, the if statements will always be true, and adxsell, adxbuy will be also.
  3. I disagree with making a new bar function, because it can only be called once per tick. A variable can be tested multiple times.
              New candle - MQL4 programming forum

Your sell=1 will never be called.
  4. You should be able to read your code out loud and have it make sense. You would never write if( (2+2 == 4) == true) would you? if(2+2 == 4) is sufficient. So don't write if(bool == true), just use if(bool) or if(!bool). Code becomes self documenting when you use meaningful variable names, like bool isLongEnabled where as Long_Entry sounds like a trigger price or a ticket number and "if long entry" is an incomplete sentence.

William Roeder:
  1. Simplify your code, remove the redundant variables.
  2. adx_sell1, adx_sell2, adx_buy1, adx_buy2 are doubles not booleans. Since they will never be exactly zero, the if statements will always be true, and adxsell, adxbuy will be also.
  3. I disagree with making a new bar function, because it can only be called once per tick. A variable can be tested multiple times.
              New candle - MQL4 programming forum

Your sell=1 will never be called.
  4. You should be able to read your code out loud and have it make sense. You would never write if( (2+2 == 4) == true) would you? if(2+2 == 4) is sufficient. So don't write if(bool == true), just use if(bool) or if(!bool). Code becomes self documenting when you use meaningful variable names, like bool isLongEnabled where as Long_Entry sounds like a trigger price or a ticket number and "if long entry" is an incomplete sentence.

Thats it so great.. Thanks to you all for your feedback..

:)

Reason: