Percent of Equity Help/Suggestions Needed

Hello,

My trading strategy is trying to utilize percent of equity, where as once I start seeing millions in balance, using a standard account with 10,000 initial balance, and lot sizes of 400-600 I'm getting stopped out.

My question is could it be possible? Could it really be draw-down or the formula in use for making percent of equity which is EQUITY * PERCENT OF EQUITY / 10,000.

Case in point:

initial balance: 10,000

first lot size: 10

# of orders at a time: 15

last working lot size: 684.26

last lot size: 1,094.82

If I start it with an initial balance of 1000, and lot size is .10, there is no problem of draw-down.

Am I missing something or does percent of equity tend to do this which is just like *blow it the account* from what I hear from others stories.

I am only using this formula EQUITY * PERCENT OF EQUITY / 10,000 .

Is there some reason it works if I start from a smaller initial deposit?

Does anyone have any suggestions on using a percent of equity lot size??? Thanks.

Subgenius:

Hello,

My trading strategy is trying to utilize percent of equity, where as once I start seeing millions in balance, using a standard account with 10,000 initial balance, and lot sizes of 400-600 I'm getting stopped out.

My question is could it be possible? Could it really be draw-down or the formula in use for making percent of equity which is EQUITY * PERCENT OF EQUITY / 10,000.

Case in point:

initial balance: 10,000

first lot size: 10

# of orders at a time: 15

If I start it with an initial balance of 1000, and lot size is .10, there is no problem of draw-down.

Am I missing something or does percent of equity tend to do this which is just like *blow it the account* from what I hear from others stories.

I am only using this formula EQUITY * PERCENT OF EQUITY / 10,000 .

Is there some reason it works if I start from a smaller initial deposit?

Does anyone have any suggestions on using a percent of equity lot size??? Thanks.

Would it be best to divide the percent of equity among the number of orders at a time to stay true to a percent of equity? It just seems right to me? Anybody?

Subgenius:

Those lot sizes you quoted are... ridicules. I strongly suggest u read this article thoroughly -> My First "Grail".

p.s. I read your question twice, but really couldn't understand it.

Subgenius if you post your code then we could take a look at it and help you understand why your code isn't doing what you intended it to do. Otherwise you are just asking us to throw darts at a dartboard while blindfolded...we can't see a darn thing so how could you possibly expect us to hit the bulls-eye?

Reason: