Terminator Version 4 - page 3

JanusTrading:
Project 1972,

my experience from trading has been that:

1.Frequent withdrawals at 5% total profit helps to reduce risk

2.Lower than suggested leverage(changing lotsize to a lower setting) has helped at least for me to survive all nasty moves in the past 14 month.

So i do not want to change anything in your coded EA logic, i simply try to play it ultra conservative, since a 24% annual return is just great for me.

Thanks again for your support and sharing this EA.

Hope you will continue to share your experience and any updates in here.

Janus

You have some options to make the EA work at your way of trading

extern bool mm=True;

extern double risk=0.1;[/PHP]

Set mm=false and the EA will used the lot size defined by you here:

extern double Lots = 0.1; // We start with this lots number [/PHP]

or you can reduce the risk here:

extern double risk=0.1; // risk to calculate the lots size (only if mm is enabled)[/PHP]

you can use the number you want, like 0.09, 0.01 etc

1.Frequent withdrawals at 5% total profit helps to reduce risk

By default the EA use a equity stop at the 50% of the equity, but you can use the money stop if you want,

[PHP]extern bool AccountMoneyProtection=False; // if true, then the expert will protect the account money to the amount specified

extern double AccountMoneyProtectionValue= 50000.00; // Amount of Equity money To Trigger a Hard Stop Loss on ALL trades.This is a final Stop loss.

if you start with a $1000 account you can enable it and set a $500 stop limit as son as the EA did a 10% profit or is now at $1100 you can rise the stop to $600 and so on, with this way you have a manual control about the stop.

[PHP]extern double MarginProtection = 99; // Percent of free margin to stop opening new positions after closed ones

With this function the EA check the margin available before start new positions.

You can restrict it more to 99.9 if you want, it will prevent the EA get overloaded of many positions on many pairs together.

[PHP]extern int FloatingLossProtection=2; // Percent of FLOATING LOSS to stop opening new positions after closed ones(Percent of Balance)

You can reduce it to 1 if you want, it will prevent the EA get overloaded of many positions on many pairs together, if floating loss start to rise. Not decimal numbers here, it can be any number from 1 to 99

Hi P72,

any problems to run 19 pairs on one terminal or do you split to more terminals?

bluehippo:
Hi P72, any problems to run 19 pairs on one terminal or do you split to more terminals?

Why split terminals ?

MT can run up to 100 charts on one terminal.

I found anywhere, that running more EAs on one terminal may be dangerous because they interfere when they want to send orders at the same time and MT cannot handle this.

T4 doesn't seem to trade often but there can some TS be active at the same time.

It was somewhere here in the Forum I think ....

bluehippo:
I found anywhere, that running more EAs on one terminal may be dangerous because they interfere when they want to send orders at the same time and MT cannot handle this.

T4 doesn't seem to trade often but there can some TS be active at the same time.

It was somewhere here in the Forum I think ....

Yes, I know it and there are some workaround to this problem, like a errors check, order-reliable routines, etc but not any EA based on DLM or 10P3 engine suffer from this problem because if the time to trade arrive and one order can be not be execute most likely the same signal will be there in the next tick and the EA will try it again until the order is executed, the same if is the time to continue the progression, the EA will try it on every tick until executed. anyway this EA is not an scalper and the amount of orders send is very low.

The PC I use to test this EA actually is running over 35 MT Terminals without problems.

project1972:
The PC I use to test this EA actually is running over 35 MT Terminals without problems.

Wow, that's not small potatoes.

right now im testing it on 13 pairs on ibfx mini account, now it opens all nanolots

like 1cents a pip lot, is that normal, should i leave it that way???

does it adjust the lot size as the account grows, cuz now im testing it on a balance less than 2000 dollars to see how it will perform??

is there a way to change it to like 10 cents a pip make it amicro lot?

or just leave it this way?

connecting4less:
right now im testing it on 13 pairs on ibfx mini account, now it opens all nanolots

like 1cents a pip lot, is that normal, should i leave it that way???

does it adjust the lot size as the account grows, cuz now im testing it on a balance less than 2000 dollars to see how it will perform??

is there a way to change it to like 10 cents a pip make it amicro lot?

or just leave it this way?

Yes, it work that way, sorry investing is boring, if you raise the lotsize your account will not resist a medium correction, most pairs are now in overbought condition, why you will buy big lots at that price ? The EA start with low leverage, if there is a correction it will buy more.

Underleverage is the only way to make steady money although it is boring, if not,.......... you are gambling.

Most people want more action, and after that they wonder why they are in the group of the 95% of losers.

Be aware that although those settings are pretty conservative, the drawdown will start to accumulate fast if Global markets start to correct the last upward trend on carry trades, you need to resist those times, but the good news it that you get paid for wait (positive Swap).

The EA will adjust the lot size as the account grow automatically.

thanks for your reply project

how many pair you recommend trading with $2000 balance

connecting4less:
thanks for your reply project how many pair you recommend trading with $2000 balance

The EA is designed to trade all pairs with a minimum of $1000 on a miniaccount with microlots.

you can use it with all the pairs available. just be aware of the following:

This week probably will not be the best moment to start this EA on live accounts.

High-yield currency buying looks to be in the final speculative stage with the risk of a sharp reversal.

If a reversal happen you will see high levels of drawdown from the start. I suggest to start it on few pairs and add one to one each few days.

Example: start only one JPY pair, only one USD pair only one AUD pair and add the others one to one each few days.

Reason: