Guyver's trading journal - page 47

Nico_Ceres:
sorry, I didn't know it. See you

You'r welcome this is personal journal, i do appreciate the input but dont put trade calls here as that would mix things up.

thanks,

-----

I have closed the trade now at

Week Ending

trades for this week

USDCAD +68

GBPUSD -58

USDCAD +23

USDCAD -40

GBPUSD +39

EURUSD +58

GBPUSD +14

GBPUSD -40

GBPUSD +133

+197 pips

The week has ended for me already

Good work Guyver

Linuxser:
Good work Guyver

Thnx linuxser, Lets see what next week brings.

---------------------------

Bizarro World

I don't know if this is the best thread to ask this question but here goes... are we living in a bizarro world or what. I was watching USDCHF this morning, waiting for a trade and the news comes out that Nonfarm Employment Change was expected at 25k and came out at negative -63k (quite a dismal number). It's 2 hours after the announcement and USDCHF has gone UP! 50+ pips. I don't trade the news but I just don't understand why this happens and maybe somebody could explain it to me. This has happened several times and I just don't get it. Thanks in advance.

Hi

robertmc:
I don't know if this is the best thread to ask this question but here goes... are we living in a bizarro world or what. I was watching USDCHF this morning, waiting for a trade and the news comes out that Nonfarm Employment Change was expected at 25k and came out at negative -63k (quite a dismal number). It's 2 hours after the announcement and USDCHF has gone UP! 50+ pips. I don't trade the news but I just don't understand why this happens and maybe somebody could explain it to me. This has happened several times and I just don't get it. Thanks in advance.

A good question indeed , i myself also not a news trader and i hope some one can provide a reasonable answer to your question. Some people like me just like to watch charts and act anytime there is opportunity so looking for numbers/news figures etc is not an issue anymore.

Guyver.

Usdjpy

Went long USDJPY @ 102.68 sl 102.35

with one position going into next week.

Guyver:
Went long USDJPY @ 102.68 sl 102.35 with one position going into next week.

Didn't expect it to move this much fast up current 102.90 i have moved my stop to 102.52 .

robert,

I never trade the news and discourage folks from doing so but remember - movement in the markets, especially currency markets move due to traders reactions and reactions to fellow traders/banks, not necessarily the news releases and/or the time released.

Cheers

robertmc:

Pip Trip:
robert,

I never trade the news and discourage folks from doing so but remember - movement in the markets, especially currency markets move due to traders reactions and reactions to fellow traders/banks, not necessarily the news releases and/or the time released.

Cheers

This is not the first time I have saw this behavior and let me explain a little from my short experience. In my first I has been burned many times trading these days.

First is one of the "motos" of technical analysis: market discount everything.

Thinking as TA traders we should think the NFP news was already embedded in previous price behavior.

One of the best examples and demonstrated by statistics is that market moves are more powerful during FED meetings than when the interest rate announcement days.

A fundamental trader could tell you: Yes, NFP was worst than expected but Unemployment rate was better than expected. So, economy is with health yet.

Back to TA it's interesting tho see the big divergence in minutes, h1/h4 CHF today. Same for EUR and GBP. That's mean something.

Reason: