Guyver's trading journal - page 49

Usdcad 0.9931

Guyver:
I have this last attempt here on this overall cad trade

buystop 0.9922 ( BID ).

Stoploss 0.9890

i got inside from 0.9922 ( BID ) tp is open but sl i have not moved yet might need to even adjust little down 10 pips ( inside the risk plan ) if this fails to travel any higher.

Guyver:
i got inside from 0.9922 ( BID ) tp is open but sl i have not moved yet might need to even adjust little down 10 pips ( inside the risk plan ) if this fails to travel any higher.

Instead i have moved my sl to 0.9910

Guyver:
Instead i have moved my sl to 0.9910

I have moved my sl 0.9917

Current... 0.9975

Guyver:
I have moved my sl 0.9917

stop is moved to 0.9930.

Here is the problem i am seeing currently that is entering with just 1 lot i could have taken profits at different places but just because i am in with 1 lot my max profit potential has been decreased. not to forget the max loss would also increase in the other case.

i'll do some research on this .

Linuxser:
This is not the first time I have saw this behavior and let me explain a little from my short experience. In my first I has been burned many times trading these days.

First is one of the "motos" of technical analysis: market discount everything.

Thinking as TA traders we should think the NFP news was already embedded in previous price behavior.

One of the best examples and demonstrated by statistics is that market moves are more powerful during FED meetings than when the interest rate announcement days.

A fundamental trader could tell you: Yes, NFP was worst than expected but Unemployment rate was better than expected. So, economy is with health yet.

Back to TA it's interesting tho see the big divergence in minutes, h1/h4 CHF today. Same for EUR and GBP. That's mean something.

Hi, Linuxser!

Do you think trading is a fair play?

Why do you think FED released its news about 200b action a little bit after NFP?

Why do you think EU is being sold now when we all know FED will cut again?

Why do you think USDCAD did not go down with that astonishing Cad Employment data on Friday?

Why do you think USDCAD has not gone down today with that gorgeous Housing data?

TA is just a tool to help you take a decision. Trading is gambling specially in a non regulated market as FOREX.

Guyver:
stop is moved to 0.9930.

stop is moved to 0.9940.

nina:
Hi, Linuxser!

Do you think trading is a fair play?

Why do you think FED released its news about 200b action a little bit after NFP?

Why do you think EU is being sold now when we all know FED will cut again?

Why do you think USDCAD did not go down with that astonishing Cad Employment data on Friday?

Why do you think USDCAD has not gone down today with that gorgeous Housing data?

TA is just a tool to help you take a decision. Trading is gambling specially in a non regulated market as FOREX.

News is completely irrelevent...

Usdcad .. 0.9971

Guyver:
stop is moved to 0.9940.

I have decided not to move this stop yet, this could work for me or against me . I accept this cause the overall trade (this) is profitable no-matter what is the outcome.

USDCAD Chart

This is chart for the trade.

Files:
usdcadch01.gif  15 kb
Reason: