PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 145

Hi guys,

Could anybody explain me that:

extern double ProfitTarget = 1; // All orders closed when this profit target amount (in dollars) is reached

extern double ProfitSkew = 2; // Increase/decrease ProfitTarget when MoneyMangement=true

extern int ProfitMode = 1; // 1= mixed mode, 2= global mode, 3= split mode

extern bool ProfitTrailing = true; // Will try to allow profit grow beyond ProfitTarget

By default ProfitTarget = 1 .....in dollars ? with MM = true or false ?

And ProfitSkew = 2. How this number can increase or decrease the ProfitTarget ?

Finally, what is the meaning of mixed mode, global mode and split mode ?

Thanks.

Pipmake

All,

I've been using Pipmaker for a while now. Every 2 or 3 months, it blows out my demos. It works best in a ranging market, not well during huge trending markets.

By nature, it makes money but opening trades in one direction and taking profit in the other. This defines a ranging market. I watched helplessly while the CHFJPY had over 15 buy orders out (and growing) last week finally killing the account just because this pair kept trending down with no possiblity of a move back to take profit.

It's not about the entry, it's about the exit. More indicators are not what this needs. Less is best. In fact, one indicator, ARSI, has proven to be the best for entry.

It logic is fairly sound but the only logic it has for protecting the account is simply by closing at, more than likely, a loss and then continue or stop trading. This logic by itself is OK but there may be a way to prevent this much earlier than that 15 order being taken out eventually taking out your account.

I am working on that thought process as we speak. I like the logic of this EA but it needs better trend protection from itself.

By the way, this type of trader needs a bunch of money. The minimum amount needed is around $2500 for a standard account and $250 for a micro.

v/r

lron:
Every 2 or 3 months, it blows out my demos.

Knowing that, just set a demo and as soon as it blow, go live. You might have 2-3 months to make money ... and then start again with demo.

FerruFx

Looking for a Pipmaker-type EA

I trade manually and somettimes use Pipmaker. However, I'm really looking for a Pipmaker-type EA that:

a) open immediately IN THE DIRECTION OF THE MARKET, as opposed to in the opposite direction like Pipmaker.

b) Can be coded to take profit after moving a specified number of pips like Pipkmaker

Would appreciate any advice and thanks.

cmd

pipmaker V9.1

hello

i'm sorry for my bad english

I started a test yesterday evening, micro-lots with 1K of capital and 4 main pairs

It is rather surprising as results(profits), I expect a next crash, but the basic idea adorned me maid

TEST AVEC PIPMAKER V14

SEE HERE

To follow

TEST AVEC PIPMAKER V14

SEE HERE

Enforcer,

Effectively I mastery badly the British language, I use an automatic translator

Never I criticized this EA

The version 9.1 which I had tested at first was carried away and I said that I understood

I rectified the shot and you can see an improvement

I test also the version 14

See links

Thank you Enforcer for your assistant and for your work

PipMakerV5aNeo

Hello

I have interessants results with PipMakerV14 in M15 with EURGBP

See:

Statement: - Test PIP m v14

To follow

Pipmaker

Gents,

I have changed Pipmaker completely to encorporate a totally new money management and trading concept. I have used Pipmaker successfully and miserably. I was tired of the misery and needed a protection...from myself. I have been following this thread for quite some time and folks are trying to improve the entry code with different indicators and different functions.

This is all well and good but we are missing one point: We are risking hard earned money and we need to protect ourselves from complete market damage. We have all seen the market damage our accounts in the last 4 weeks. I had one pair, using Pipmaker, make it through. Every other set file I have posted and tested to date has failed. Not due to trying but due to account protection.

Pipmaker was responsible for helping me create at $300K account from $50K in 6 weeks. It was part of a multi-pair strategy using the CHFJPY and the EURCHF. CHFJPY took out the account. Not completely but drained it down to $57K before I shut all trading down. Now, if I would have had this new and improved Pipmaker, the CHFJPY would have stopped trading after losing 25K and my account would be at $250K instead of 57K.

The logic of Pipmaker remains unchanged. All the indicators are gone except for the one that works, Adaptive RSI. Money Management, Portion Control, Hard Account Protection and other user friendly features have been added to do one thing, protect YOU. I will be starting a new thread with this new EA and all of its new features. For you Pipmaker fans, you will see the logic and that it trades the same using the best indicator, aRSI. This new thread will concentrate on using Pipmaker safely and solicite testing results on various pairs.

Look for this new thread shortly. It will be in the Martingale/Average Cost and Hedging section. I will attached the two most recent backtests, pairs, set files and indicators to use this EA. Consider this a morphing of Pipmaker into the new, uncharted market we now face.

v/r

Jeff

Reason: