Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 62

Pava:
Looks beautiful, thank you

I second that

Hi Mladen,

I downloaded the modified indicator, but it gave me Critical Error (array out of range) on line 142 - slope = slope;

I am using build 625 Oanda.

Can you help, please?

Thank you

yuhu:
Hi Mladen,

I downloaded the modified indicator, but it gave me Critical Error (array out of range) on line 142 - slope = slope;

I am using build 625 Oanda.

Can you help, please?

Thank you

yuhu

If you apply strict property then the rules are completely different and the whole indicator has to be written in different way ( a lot more control should be added and some other things must be changed)

Remove the strict property and it should work

I, personally, avoid using strict mode for now simply for one reason : they are changing things each and every day and judging from metatrader 5 experience - see this example https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181297/page48, you might end up having a code working OK one day and not working at all the other day simple because they have changed something (and that will be most sensitive in strict mode) and I recommend that you avoid usage of strict mode too for the time being

Many thanks as always Mladen

mladen:
This is a version of DSS that uses Kaufman AMA (adaptive moving average) as an input for calculation. Since Kaufman AMA is adaptive, it makes the DSS adaptive too, and makes it adapt to trends a bit more responsive.

PS: to clarify one thing - I have heard and read in quite a few posts from some "experts" that adaptive indicators repaint. Nothing can be further from the truth. There is no reason whatsoever that any adaptive indicator repaints. Adapting does not mean repainting and it never will mean that. So, no worries. The indicator, even though it is adaptive (implicitly through the usage of adaptive moving average), is not repainting and will never repaint

Dear Mladen

Is it possible to make 'DSS of Adaptive smoother' indicator

Thanks for any help

secretcode

secretcode:
Dear Mladen

Is it possible to make 'DSS of Adaptive smoother' indicator

Thanks for any help

secretcode

secretcode

Here you go : dss_of_adaptive_smoother.mq4

PS: it is already a multi time frame version

mladen:
secretcode

Interesting! Thanks a lot Mladen for this DSS version

Respectfully

secretcode

mladen:
secretcode

It seems to be identifying cycles - wouldn't expect it from dss

on my own:
It seems to be identifying cycles - wouldn't expect it from dss

In general dss works better on higher time frames (1 hour and higher). Especially on 1 hour charts : almost all dss versions somehow show some kind of cycles on 1 hour charts

Here is a dss of adaptive super smoother too. Since super smoother is more sensitive than the smoother, longer periods for it can be used without adding too much lag. The example is with default parameters except that super smoother period is set to 50

dss_of_adaptive_super_smoother.mq4
Reason: