Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 60

As of corridor version : I think it would not serve a purpose. Discontinued corridor lines would just make it confusing to "read" the indicator (that is the main purpose I avoided the slope color changes in the posted one)

it is great the way it is now...

Pava:
I think the Best way to apply SSA Flat to trading is...to keep in mind this: "To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction; or, the mutual actions of two bodies upon each other are always equal, and directed to contrary parts.

- Newton's Third Law of Motion, translated from the Principia's Latin"

To simplify:...to wait for the first breakaway wave...and to enter as SSA turns in opposite direction...my 2 cents...

Thanks for that insight. If you can, please elaborate more on how you interpret mladen's SSA Flat -- possibly with a screenshot, etc.

Hi MLaden,

Despite my best efforts I've not been able to get the the 'Stochastics with Flat 2' indicator to operate in the manner of the illustation. Is there something extra that is required?

I've changed the settings from 51/49 all the way to 65/35.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

mladen:
Here is this version :: you can define using parameters which values to us in time when it is flat. Example is using 51 and 49

TEAMTRADER:
Hi MLaden,

Despite my best efforts I've not been able to get the the 'Stochastics with Flat 2' indicator to operate in the manner of the illustation. Is there something extra that is required?

I've changed the settings from 51/49 all the way to 65/35.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

Try using it on lower time frames (there the "flat" parts are much more frequent)

Just some explanation how the stochastic flat indicator works : it uses standard deviation to find out when the vaue is bellow som treshlod and if it is (bellow that treshold) then it "declares" a flat trend. See the example : it examplins a lot

Files:
stoch_flat.gif  78 kb

mladen:
Just some explanation how the stochastic flat indicator works : it uses standard deviation to find out when the vaue is bellow som treshlod and if it is (bellow that treshold) then it "declares" a flat trend. See the example : it examplins a lot

That means that any indicator can be filtered for flat that way?

Guys, this is my little contribution to Forex-TSD community. Here is RSI and CCI version, let's say it's more spinoff of Mladen's Stochastic with Flat, it compares 2 rsi/cci values.

altoronto:
Guys, this is my little contribution to Forex-TSD community. Here is RSI and CCI version, let's say it's more spinoff of Mladen's Stochastic with Flat, it compares 2 rsi/cci values.

Nice. Thanks

Those indicators w/flat...almost same readings, but...they are freath of bresh air...really...I like them a lot...Volatility is a better friend of a trader than a trend...

Reason: