How to use Support and Resistance Effectively - page 6

tradewiser:
I currently use a vey useful way of calculating support and resistance lines. These are based on seeing how many high,low & close in last x days fall within 2/3 pips. I do this manually and is time consuming. Is there any mq4 files which does this?

I hope someone can help me here.

Thank you

Joe

Do some search for "Level_Trading" or "Level_Trading 123"

Level Trading:

- level trading as support/resistance is here;

- level trading traditional rules and indicators is here.

Thank you for the quick reply but maybe i did not explain well.

What i am looking for are horizontal support & resistance lines which are made by 1 or more high,low & close which are very close in value (like 1 or 2 pips). So you look back say 20 days and see how many high,low and close are within 1 or 2 pips of each other (or % terms). This than forms a horizontal support or resistance line.

I hope this is better explanation. This is a very useful line.

Thank you for your help.

joe

tradewiser:
Thank you for the quick reply but maybe i did not explain well.

What i am looking for are horizontal support & resistance lines which are made by 1 or more high,low & close which are very close in value (like 1 or 2 pips). So you look back say 20 days and see how many high,low and close are within 1 or 2 pips of each other (or % terms). This than forms a horizontal support or resistance line.

I hope this is better explanation. This is a very useful line.

Thank you for your help.

joe

maybe you can post pictures to explain more clear..

this indicator will only draw horizontal lines. timeframe can be set.

support_resistance.mq4

Files:

Thanks for the indicators

Hi bubble! (I like your username )

Thanks for being so generous and posting some of your trading secrets. I'm looking forward to whatever else you want to dish out.

Hi Bubble,

Thank you for the lessons, they are written well. I am curious why it is you narrow the time chart up? Does this make the trend easier to spot? Looking forward to your next installment.

Thank you!

I just want to thank you for covering what I believe to be the most important aspect of a successful trading plan/strategy...I look forward to future lessons.

I will hold posts/questions until more of this subject matter is uncovered...I just wanted you to know that if there is a lack of posts it is not due to lack of interest.

Every day I look at chart but I never notice there are different type of trend. It's eye opening.

Thank-you very much. Hope to see more soon.

jackt

Reason: