How to use Support and Resistance Effectively - page 10

RickW00716:
Malcik, when looking at potential sup/res, is it better if there are a collection of bars(for example 4hr bars) or is it better if it is one or two bars and the price moved quickly away from the levels of these bars?

Hi Rick,

You might have misunderstood... This is bubble's thread and bubble is the teacher here. I'm his student as much as you are

But IMHO, it doesn't matter with how many bars it bounces off. The more, the better... but if the resistance is strong enough, it can bounce off only with one bar and that's it. I think the key is the number of times the S/R is tested and that it's tested from both sides to confirm the role reversal phenomenon. IMHO

Thanks for answering my question anyway...I just got off work and my head wasn't too clear...I forgot it was bubble who is teaching!

bubble:
a gap is formed in a downtrend when the price fails to test resistance and turns down If there are a lot of spikes around s/r you could put your lines at the highest ,lowest close.

Thanks bubble for explaining this to us, if you can provide more examples of blow-off trend which has gap, may be we can learn better.

I understand about spike, if only one spike, it didn't count, only if there are two or more spikes, we need to draw line for them.

And about mini-size chart, do you enter on that chart, or you zoom in first to have a bigger-size chart ?

Anyway you propose different view in observing charts, thanks again.

PS. EURUSD H1 is in 2nd test, while H4 seems hanging around in resistance line, this method gives a relax time, knowing that big traders are taking a break too.

Trend Lines

Bubble,

Do you use trend lines from higher time frames to get a feel for a reversal on lower time frames. I have been plotting trend lines for several pairs on D1 and s/r on H1 seems to line up pretty well with the trend lines and when the pair continued on their trend.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Just wanted to thank Bubble for all the time he's putting into teaching this classic and simple approach.

Looking forward for future posts.

Much Appreciated!!!

@bubble

This is a a good thread , i'm reading from first page no question from me so far but..... i'm waiting for another lesson

. this is my first post , mean i'm not a "virgin" anymore kidding

bubble:

The first thing i would ask you to do if you wish to participate in this thread is to do a google search on s/r to get a feel for the basics ,sites such as investopia will give you enough info to be able to participate, all of the trades will be taken from the hourly chart using the higher timeframes for confirmation techniques and the lower charsts for entry techniques,take some time over the weekend and start with the hourly charts mark some peaks and troughs and see how they interact with the higher charts, dont use any indicators.

bubble

Hi, bubble,now I know how to confirm the S & R in H1 & H4, but how can i enter the market on the lower chart?? can you teach me?

thanks

and how do you judge a trend is up or down? with what? indicator?

OK. thanks.

Files:
111.gif  25 kb

I think we are in channel, wait for break out and re-test of upper or lower S/R channel.

Files:
Reason: