How to use Support and Resistance Effectively - page 55

mp6140:
====================================================

PRECISELY CORRECT ! -- watch support areas at 209.57 and the bols support at 209.51 in the shorter term, but your bottom figure will be hit, either on the next go around of the 15 min, or if they get gobs of momentum going before the 5 rollover.

208.80 should be pretty easy on the H4 timeframe

imo

mp

You are right about the target, I already spiltted it in two: 209.30 (ASK price) because there is some support at 209.22 and 208.90 (ASK)

Thanks

Michel:
You are right about the target, I already spiltted it in two: 209.30 (ASK price) because there is some support at 209.22 and 208.90 (ASK) Thanks

Done ! The support at 209.22 was not so strong.

Wicked Monthly Support Resistance Indicator

Hello all, I'm hoping someone can help me either find a .mq4 version of this indicator or possibly even re-code it. I am not exactly sure how the support & resistance levels are calculated other than that they are based on the monthly open price, and the levels work well as buy/sell points or take profit points. I find these levels much more useful in my trading than regular pivots, but unfortunately the indicator is no longer working for GBPUSD which is one of my favorite pairs to trade. It has never worked on EURJPY, which I also enjoy trading. Any assistance on finding the .mq4 version of this indicator is greatly appreciated. If anyone can figure out the calculations by looking at the .exe version on a chart, it could probably be recoded by one of the many fine coders here as well. Thanks and hope some others find this indicator useful in their trading.

Files:
wicked_387.ex4  10 kb

Just send you a PM. Hope you find the creator.

jackt

bubble:
Hi all ,

Forget all those fancy ziggys and arrows and the rest of those indicators with lines running all over the place and no room to see what price is doing.

The only thing that matters is price and its intepretation.

All these trades have been made using trend and s/r analysis live in my trading room.

If anyone disagrees with my entry or targets quite frankly i couldnt give a monkeys uncle, the bottom line here is profit which we do week in week out.

regards

bubble

===================================================

ah indeed bubble, do i then understand you to be a commercial venture ??

if indeed you are, then "putting down" everything else but your way of working makes immediate sense, but please (in the interest of honesty), dont try to remove a very well established fact !

THERES MORE THAN ONE WAY TO SKIN A CAT !

While you may well do well, and my congratulations and salutations, DO NOT attempt to impress upon others that yours is the Holy Grail, cause there aint no such !

Many many different approaches work wonderfully, and those can then be broken down into "niches", "timeframes" and rapidity of trading --- does one wish to trade the H1 or H4 --- those are the simplest to trade as long as money management is stricktly adhered to, but can also be huge fun as rare indeed is the currency that goes STRAIGHT from point A to point B without making a few money making detours along the way !

Methods of trading in forex (or anything else for that matter) are almost COUNTLESS === only imagination limits what you can do, so PLEASE dont act as if YOU HAVE THE SECRETS, cause you well know you are only one more player in a sea of players --- what counts is having fun and making money, and you get there by driving east, west or by helicopter --- THERE IS NO ONE WAY !

But as i said, if you are indeed a commercial venture, then I can at least understand your intensity about your "methods" !

enjoy and trade well

no matter how you wish to do it

mp

mp6140:
===================================================

if indeed you are, then "putting down" everything else but your way of working makes immediate sense, but please (in the interest of honesty), dont try to remove a very well established fact !

While you may well do well, and my congratulations and salutations, DO NOT attempt to impress upon others that yours is the Holy Grail, cause there aint no such !

Many many different approaches work wonderfully, and those can then be broken down into "niches", "timeframes" and rapidity of trading --- does one wish to trade the H1 or H4 --- those are the simplest to trade as long as money management is stricktly adhered to, but can also be huge fun as rare indeed is the currency that goes STRAIGHT from point A to point B without making a few money making detours along the way !

Methods of trading in forex (or anything else for that matter) are almost COUNTLESS === only imagination limits what you can do, so PLEASE dont act as if YOU HAVE THE SECRETS, cause you well know you are only one more player in a sea of players --- what counts is having fun and making money, and you get there by driving east, west or by helicopter --- THERE IS NO ONE WAY !

But as i said, if you are indeed a commercial venture, then I can at least understand your intensity about your "methods" !

enjoy and trade well

mp

Trader first and foremost ,commercial venture no as trading produces far greater profits for me than any commercial venture could,i do have a room where i meet with like minded traders who have requested from this thread that i originally started , to learn the methods i use.

Of course i agree ,but ive yet to come across many on these forums that truely understand how the markets work and most are paralised by having so many indicators on the charts whilst over looking the fact that price is king.

Please dont tell me what to do and what not to do ,it is none of your business.

WARNING - constantly reading between the lines can seriously damage your health.

enjoy and trade well

mp

Of course i agree ,but ive yet to come across many on these forums that truely understand how the markets work and most are paralised by having so many indicators on the charts whilst over looking the fact that price is king.

THIS i will agree with "partially", but there are a number of forumns here who work with chart overlays and price driven movement, and some even use and produce great results with those "maligned" zigzags !

First, I never tell anyone what to do at first meeting -- later on I may "lean" a tad harder because Im someone youve NEVER met before --- a professional who wants the rookies to have an even break ! By pushing your system so hard, you prevent them from learning the many ways of trading, and for showing them other methods, I have no apologies !

WARNING - constantly reading between the lines can seriously damage your health.

NOT MINE LADDIE !!

enjoy and trade well

mp

bubble:

Trader first and foremost ,commercial venture no as trading produces far greater profits for me than any commercial venture could,i do have a room where i meet with like minded traders who have requested from this thread that i originally started , to learn the methods i use.

THIS i will agree with "partially", but there are a number of forumns here who work with chart overlays and price driven movement, and some even use and produce great results with those "maligned" zigzags !

First, I never tell anyone what to do at first meeting -- later on I may "lean" a tad harder because Im someone youve NEVER met before --- a professional who wants the rookies to have an even break ! By pushing your system so hard, you prevent them from learning the many ways of trading, and for showing them other methods, I have no apologies !

NOT MINE LADDIE !!

enjoy and trade well

mp

DONT LEAN TOO HARD OR YOU MIGHT FALL

ENJOY YOUR DAY LADDIE LOL

KaMpeR in his trading method Join the Dots , used both S&R and zigzags ... and he is doing well there , so he got the best of both methods

We can't say a method is better than the other just because we can't use it or we are not making money with it , what works for a trader might not work for another

there are different ways to win, its up to the trader to find the rigth way

MiniMe:
KaMpeR in his trading method Join the Dots , used both S&R and zigzags ... and he is doing well there , so he got the best of both methods

We can't say a method is better than the other just because we can't use it or we are not making money with it , what works for a trader might not work for another

there are different ways to win, its up to the trader to find the rigth way

Hi Minime,

Whilst i never go to anyones thread and critize them its seems that others take it upon themeselves to play forex god and critize any one else that has an opinion different to thiers,some even seem to be making a career out of it, as far as im concerned any one who wishes to zig their zag, play join the dots , play with robots , have fun putting lots of arrrows and make their charts look pretty can keep doing what they are doing.

As i said before its the bottom line that counts for me.

regards

bubble

Reason: