Rsi Ea - page 7

EventHorizon:
I have been trading the RSI for four months live with success. I just cant get the MaximumRisk to work.

EventHorizon

Try out this version (it is a version 2.01 with a changed way how lots are calculated depending on risk (in %) and a stop loss given). If either is 0 or less than 0, default fixed lot size will be used

Files:
rsi_trader2.mq4  14 kb

Thanks. But this looks like the same version as i am using. I have it tried it with no lots set and numbers in the MaximumRisk area, but it makes no trades. I have also tried with a number in the lts area and the MaximumRisk, and it makes no trades.

EventHorizon:
Thanks. But this looks like the same version as i am using. I have it tried it with no lots set and numbers in the MaximumRisk area, but it makes no trades. I have also tried with a number in the lts area and the MaximumRisk, and it makes no trades.

Are you getting any errors in your terminal/experts or journal tabs? Found one possible bug in how I coded the extra digits for slippage, which isn't anything to do with the money management, but maybe causing a problem on some brokers as far as opening orders. This version 2.02 should address that problem. Btw. used the version posted earlier today.

Files:

My apologies . Looked at the log and found I had to set the maxrisk way down to 0.01. I had it at least 1, and for a $1000 was trying to trade too large a lot size so trade didn't go through. Many thanks.

Bill.

Only now realized that I attached the wrong version to the post

This is the correct version (that calculates lot size depending on risk and stop loss correctly)

Files:

EventHorizon:
I have been trading the RSI for four months live with success. I just cant get the MaximumRisk to work.

event horizon could you tell me what setting are you using for the ea?

gsbharaj:
event horizon could you tell me what setting are you using for the ea?

It depends what currency pairs I am trading. Its best to work it out yourself, because it depends which broker/leaverage etc you are using. It's easy to do. Get on the strategy tester and try currency pairs on optimization with different settings and see which makes the best profit /lowest drawdown over 6 months or a year. Then backtest those settings month by month, to see if the draw-down is still acceptable and hasn't spiked anywhere. It takes some time, but it is an easy task.

Hi. I opened a buy trade manually. It is the only trade I have open. If I leave my RSI EA on, and the price drops to the lower RSI buy setting, I am guessing it will open another trade ,because the manual trade won't have the EA magic number and won't recognize it. I believe manual trades have a magic number of '0'. If I set the EA magic number to 0, will it behave as if the manually open trade was made by it and not open a duplicate trade?

Thanks,

Bill

EventHorizon:
Hi. I opened a buy trade manually. It is the only trade I have open. If I leave my RSI EA on, and the price drops to the lower RSI buy setting, I am guessing it will open another trade ,because the manual trade won't have the EA magic number and won't recognize it. I believe manual trades have a magic number of '0'. If I set the EA magic number to 0, will it behave as if the manually open trade was made by it and not open a duplicate trade?

Thanks,

Bill

EventHorizon

To do that you would have to set the UseAutoMagic to false, and ManualMagic to 0 and then it would treat a manual order as its own

Thanks much mladen,

I trawled google for ages to try to find and answer, and found nothing useful.

Reason: