New EA based on the !xMeter - page 33

on Alpari demo account EA opened and managed trades with SL and TP. and has good results.

i decided to add EA to Alpari live account. it opened 1 trade with no SL. a bit scary

olegy:
on Alpari demo account EA opened and managed trades with SL and TP. and has good results. i decided to add EA to Alpari live account. it opened 1 trade with no SL. a bit scary

xMeter opens trades with no TP and SL set they are assigned a bit later. On a real money account this might takea few seconds (even a minute too). Check the expert tab for any errors or strange messages. If You have something there, post it here.

However, I guess it will be set.

The second thing is that having an SL set is just for safety - it will be reassigned constantly as price moves and will never be hit while EA is running. This is why xMeter can have big drawdowns so be conservative when setting AccountRisk parameter.

10 hours from opening , 110 pips drawdown ,

still no SL

one "strange message" : 2010.10.07 09:10:48 !xMeter_MultiPairs_GridAveraging_v1_8 GBPUSD,H1: zero divide

olegy:
10 hours from opening , 110 pips drawdown ,

still no SL

one "strange message" : 2010.10.07 09:10:48 !xMeter_MultiPairs_GridAveraging_v1_8 GBPUSD,H1: zero divide

That's the problem... I did have some "zero divide" errors but couldn't track them and they didn't appear for the last 4 weeks. If you could track it down it would be nice (though it requires some MQL4 knowledge and is risky on a live account).

To fix it You should restart the EA (remove and reattach with same settings). If You get zero divide again than You shouldn't be using xMeter for a while and have to manage that open position manually.

Hope restarting will solve Your problem.

restartng helped !!! thank u for help

olegy:
restartng helped !!! thank u for help

Great!

You probably missed some trades because EA was not trading since the zero divide occured. You should keep an eye on the chart the EA is attached to and check the date & clock. If the clock is more than a minute behind then EA is struck somewhere and probably needs a restart.

This should occur only very rarely.

thnk's venox250

how ea decide about lot size ?

is it increse with account growing ?

olegy:
thnk's venox250

how ea decide about lot size ?

is it increse with account growing ?

The lot size is calculated based on account balance and AccountRisk parameter:

AccountBalance() / 10000 * AccountRiskPercent

is the base of the calculation.

A question

Dear Venox,

many compliments for wonderful EA!

I'm trying on demo; I have a problem on pair... this is the message

2010.10.07 22:15:12 !xMeter_MultiPairs_GridAveraging_v1_8 EURUSD,H1: Error opening AUDCAD BUY order - Error#: 131

What can I do?

Thanks!!

Error #131

This error is associated with lot size errors. If you are running a demo account or in backtesting, often times the minimum lot size is 0.1. If you trade some value outside of increments of 0.1 you will get an error 131. Try setting a manual lot size and see if that works. Sometimes risk managment lot size caclulations are not rounded or adjusted to acceptable lots sizes. Demo accounts often have lot size restrictions where live accounts usually do not.

Reason: