New EA based on the !xMeter - page 16

FerruFx:
I agree with you. But the MultiPairs version has already the possibility of parameter each pair differently. Do you miss something?!!!

Hi FerruFx,

I am glad you agree. I should have said "settings etcetera".

Let me explain:

I would like us to sort out one pair first. There are some changes required, other than just the settings, that will enhance the profitability in a big way (refer my previous posts). After making those changes, we can move on to the other pairs.

The point I am making is that it is easier to start and concentrate on one pair at a time. My suggestion is to start with the EURUSD-version.

Am I making sense?

FerruFx:
I really don't have any idea. Is anyone else has a problem to run this EA?

Can you help me?EA still does not have the response!IBFX FXDD the NF test had not all responded!Only has these, has not tested the result!

2007.06.06 00:42:56 !xMeter_MultiPairs_Trader_Reverse inputs: Lot=0.1; Slippage=2; Risk=2; MaxLot=10; PairsToTrade=12; HighLevel_EURUSD=7; LowLevel_EURUSD=2; TakeProfit_EURUSD=10; StopLoss_EURUSD=10; MaxSpread_EURUSD=10; HighLevel_GBPUSD=7; LowLevel_GBPUSD=2; TakeProfit_GBPUSD=10; StopLoss_GBPUSD=10; MaxSpread_GBPUSD=10; HighLevel_AUDUSD=7; LowLevel_AUDUSD=2; TakeProfit_AUDUSD=10; StopLoss_AUDUSD=10; MaxSpread_AUDUSD=10; HighLevel_USDJPY=7; LowLevel_USDJPY=2; TakeProfit_USDJPY=10; StopLoss_USDJPY=10; MaxSpread_USDJPY=10; High

multiple currencies

Just one point FerruFx,

As you noticed in the Multi EA thread, there could be problems when backtesting with multiple currencies values because if you use a shift of 0 it will use for the other currencies (not the main one on which the EA is backtested but all others) the values when the bar is completed. So it will use values in the future and of course the backtest is marvelous...

So like for the Multi EA I think that for this EA only values calculated with a shift = 1 can be used. And it changes a lot the backtest results.

FerruFx:
The challenge is to find the best settings for low and/or high volatility.

I will post later some others pairs to trade.

WARNING: I find the problem i talk about in my 1st post. The displayed results aren't the same on demo and real account because of some pairs don't exists on demo.

ie: for the calculation of the EUR's strength, we need the EURAUD. My IBFX demo doesn't have this pairs. No problem on live account.

FerruFx

Odd. I have it on my IBFX demo.

FerruFx:
Yes I agree with you but according with my warning in my last post, the tests can be only on LIVE account. I can give some settings to test but some of them could be wrong and looser.

My thought is to set TP==SL and higher number for high volatility pairs. Right now, we have only EURUSD. Settings 10/10, 15/15, 20/20 would be to test.

FerruFx

ATTN ALL WILLING FORWARD TESTERS!

reply to this thread w/ pairs you have on your demo accounts. I'll setup who tests what pairs and for what timeframe. FerruFx can give each settings.

I'll organize if we get enough people willing to do it.

FerruFx I have a dedicated server at home. I can install as many copies of the IBFX software on it. I can do all this forward testing on it. If your intersted, let me know. I'd like for everyone who can leave a PC on for a given amount of time to get in on it, but if not, I'll do the testing.

I'm still reviewing the code.

FerruFx:
WARNING: I find the problem i talk about in my 1st post. The displayed results aren't the same on demo and real account because of some pairs don't exists on demo.

ie: for the calculation of the EUR's strength, we need the EURAUD. My IBFX demo doesn't have this pairs. No problem on live account.

FerruFx

IBFX certainly does have EURAUD both on live and in demo accounts.

To get all the symbols from IBFX (or any other broker) do the following:

Right click anywhere on the MarketWatch window and select "Show All".

This will bring up all the MT4 broker's available symbols.

lexygoo:
Right click anywhere on the MarketWatch window and select "Show All".

You're right!

This need to be fixed. It is impossible to reload everytime you want your settings to change since we can't get to the EA properties. Click on smily face doesn't work either.

Originally Posted by Eureka:

I was going to make a change to the EA, so I right clicked on the chart that the EA appeared on, but when I click on Properities from the drop down menu, nothing happens. The only way to make changes is to Remove the EA and start over. At least that's what I'm finding. Anyone else having problems with this issue?
FerruFx :
Yes the problem of this EA is the infinite loop. It's a great refresh tool but doesn't allow (bug or CPU cruncher?) the click on smiley face.

Nondisclosure007,

I have been running this EA since 5/29 and still running.

What do you need to test?

In my opinion, it maybe better to do 1 currency at a time until we find the most opitmal settings, then move onto next currencies.

Also, multiplepair EA doesn't have the trailing options, so I ended up giving back the gain if it does reverse after trade is open.

So, maybe there is some work still need to be done on EA.

nondisclosure007:
ATTN ALL WILLING FORWARD TESTERS!

reply to this thread w/ pairs you have on your demo accounts. I'll setup who tests what pairs and for what timeframe. FerruFx can give each settings.

I'll organize if we get enough people willing to do it.

FerruFx I have a dedicated server at home. I can install as many copies of the IBFX software on it. I can do all this forward testing on it. If your intersted, let me know. I'd like for everyone who can leave a PC on for a given amount of time to get in on it, but if not, I'll do the testing.

I'm still reviewing the code.

Where to from here?

Somebody, a coder, will have to review and correct the code - with FerruFx's permission.

We can only start testing and using the EA once all the bugs and snags have been fixed.

I fully agree with fx4_ever: lets do one currency pair at a time.

EbenB:
Somebody, a coder, will have to review and correct the code - with FerruFx's permission.

We can only start testing and using the EA once all the bugs and snags have been fixed.

I fully agree with fx4_ever: lets do one currency pair at a time.

Show me to the code your talking about w/ the problems we're having (I think I've got it, but I want to be sure) and I'll start working on it.

Reason: