New EA based on the !xMeter - page 11

FerruFx:
Hi goldenchau,

I just update the post #1.

I started last friday 2 forward tests for normal and reverse EA. Right now, the reverse version seems to be more accurate. Wait and see!

FerruFx

Good to hear that and the idea works, my believes and observation on a strength and weak will turn to neutral. You will probably see the result of the reverse in high and low more accurate and profitable.

However, to prevent the account empty by a dramatic changes, I suggest to add a preventive stopage to give up the current trend if keep losing in the same trend certain amount of times.

FerruFx:
If you test it, don't hesitate to post results here.

Right now, i test the 2 EAs with 10 pairs, 7/2 and 20/20.

FerruFx

^^" I will test it next week. because I have tested 8/2 with gbp/jpy and total 13 loss 2 win . So I will test on all 12pair with 8/2 reverse EA. report will upload next week

salohang:
^^" I will test it next week. because I have tested 8/2 with gbp/jpy and total 13 loss 2 win . So I will test on all 12pair with 8/2 reverse EA. report will upload next week

Thanks a lot for your testing time!

If you'll test 12 pairs, be sure that all are provided by your broker for demo. If not, just disable 'false' into the EA parameter.

Dear FerruFx,

This is a great EA that u and others been working. I have been following this thread for sometime now.

I'm not a beginner or expert in writing EA but manage to do some cut and paste by logic to see it working. So, there will be only little that I could offer to improve the EA. ( probably i just need to keep quiet )

Just thinking, is it possible to include ur great indicators in the EA. I mean the EA transaction will be based on xmeter and ur indicators for strong trend.

p/s: Hope u guys could consider it.

karmizi:
Just thinking, is it possible to include ur great indicators in the EA. I mean the EA transaction will be based on xmeter and ur indicators for strong trend.

I think you talk about the Multi_Info+ indicator that i made. If yes, it'll be not so easy to implemente it. Coding isn't the problem. The problem is that those 2 indicators are very 'greedy' and cannot live together until a pro-coder clean my 'Multi_Info+' code.

But the idea is pretty good!

Thanks for your comments.

FerruFx

fx4_ever:
Hi:

I am so glad to found this thread. I always hoping there is an EA based on Currency Meter and my prayers has been answered!

In the past few years, I've used "FoxGrail/Currency Meter spreadsheet" for my trading and quite successful. In my live trading, I don't use small SL, I used SL far away from the current price. Since I am entering the trade at opposite end of the strength on 2 currencies, I found it more profitable if I don't set SL. But, trading without no SL is not a good idea, so I put something like 100 pips. If trading doesn't produce 20 pip+ targets that I set out initially, then, I have a plenty of time of close the trade without letting it hit my high SL settings.

I know backtesting is not same as forward testing, but here is just couple of my backtesting on EUR/USD. (1 with Fixed lot and the other with money Management lot.)

FerruFx, is there way to make your latest multi currency version to back testable EA? The reason is, if I can backtest, I can find the most optimal settings for EA currencies. As you all know, EUR moves differently then AUD, etc..

Thanks for making this EA.

I can't wait until the market opens.

Edit: FerruFx point out that I am missing some data on my backtesting.

The end of 2006 till April 2007 is missing from the test. Checked my historical data and all data is there, but when I run backtest, somehow, it is skipping. Just FYI..

Please post foxGrail spreadsheet and instructions. Thanks!

Hi fxshadow,

I am not sure if I am allowed to post files/doc that are copy write protection here. Foxgrail/currency meter is from Tom Yeoman and I believe he has copy write on it. I don't have a problem posting if it's OK by Admin from this forum site.

fxshadow:
Please post foxGrail spreadsheet and instructions. Thanks!

FerruFx:
Some brokers doesn't allow 0.01 lot size. Try 0.1.

2007.05.28 15:23:32 !xMeter_MultiPairs_Trader inputs: Lot=0.1; Slippage=2; Risk=2; MaxLot=10; PairsToTrade=12; HighLevel_EURUSD=7; LowLevel_EURUSD=2; TakeProfit_EURUSD=10; StopLoss_EURUSD=10; MaxSpread_EURUSD=10; HighLevel_GBPUSD=7; LowLevel_GBPUSD=2; TakeProfit_GBPUSD=10; StopLoss_GBPUSD=10; MaxSpread_GBPUSD=10; HighLevel_AUDUSD=7; LowLevel_AUDUSD=2; TakeProfit_AUDUSD=10; StopLoss_AUDUSD=10; MaxSpread_AUDUSD=10; HighLevel_USDJPY=7; LowLevel_USDJPY=2; TakeProfit_USDJPY=10; StopLoss_USDJPY=10; MaxSpread_USDJPY=10; HighLevel_US

The question still exists

appk:
2007.05.28 15:23:32 !xMeter_MultiPairs_Trader inputs: Lot=0.1; Slippage=2; Risk=2; MaxLot=10; PairsToTrade=12; HighLevel_EURUSD=7; LowLevel_EURUSD=2; TakeProfit_EURUSD=10; StopLoss_EURUSD=10; MaxSpread_EURUSD=10; HighLevel_GBPUSD=7; LowLevel_GBPUSD=2; TakeProfit_GBPUSD=10; StopLoss_GBPUSD=10; MaxSpread_GBPUSD=10; HighLevel_AUDUSD=7; LowLevel_AUDUSD=2; TakeProfit_AUDUSD=10; StopLoss_AUDUSD=10; MaxSpread_AUDUSD=10; HighLevel_USDJPY=7; LowLevel_USDJPY=2; TakeProfit_USDJPY=10; StopLoss_USDJPY=10; MaxSpread_USDJPY=10; HighLevel_US The question still exists

About your setting:

1. 12 pairs to be traded: are you sure your platform have those 12 pairs?

2. For some pairs with a large spread (ie. GBPJPY) the TP and SL set at 10 are too close to the OrderOpenPrice.

Look at this and let me know.

FerruFx

FerruFx:
About your setting:

1. 12 pairs to be traded: are you sure your platform have those 12 pairs?

2. For some pairs with a large spread (ie. GBPJPY) the TP and SL set at 10 are too close to the OrderOpenPrice.

Look at this and let me know.

FerruFx

I use FXDD and NF test the result question still to exist, the changeparametric problem also is still exists

2007.05.28 15:52:02 !xMeter_MultiPairs_Trader inputs: Lot=0.1; Slippage=2; Risk=2; MaxLot=10; PairsToTrade=12; HighLevel_EURUSD=7; LowLevel_EURUSD=2; TakeProfit_EURUSD=30; StopLoss_EURUSD=30; MaxSpread_EURUSD=30; HighLevel_GBPUSD=7; LowLevel_GBPUSD=2; TakeProfit_GBPUSD=30; StopLoss_GBPUSD=30; MaxSpread_GBPUSD=30; HighLevel_AUDUSD=7; LowLevel_AUDUSD=2; TakeProfit_AUDUSD=30; StopLoss_AUDUSD=30; MaxSpread_AUDUSD=30; HighLevel_USDJPY=7; LowLevel_USDJPY=2; TakeProfit_USDJPY=30; StopLoss_USDJPY=30; MaxSpread_USDJPY=30; HighLevel_US

Reason: