MA cross/Price cross MA EA - page 6

mrtools:
Gtudor, just to let you know added a break even but want to test it a bit to make sure its working correctly before posting, about the error you were talking about it usually happens when your stop or trailing stop is set too close to the price.

Gtudor, added the break even, fixed what was causing the error 130, now on back testing just getting an occasional order modify error 1, which is not really an error more of a pest , hopefully to be rid of soon. On the break even there is a setting TrailAfterBreakEvenOnly, which pretty much means what it says.

Sachin_syd added the min cross distance and the MaxLookUP which was on the Universal cross ma.

All the add on's haven't been tested live but seemed to work in back test, so please test it and let us know of any problems.

MrTools, Can you please explain how the vanilla trail stop and this break even trail will work.. Settings make all the difference in a good trade. Thanks

mrtools:
Gtudor, added the break even, fixed what was causing the error 130, now on back testing just getting an occasional order modify error 1, which is not really an error more of a pest , hopefully to be rid of soon. On the break even there is a setting TrailAfterBreakEvenOnly, which pretty much means what it says.

Sachin_syd added the min cross distance and the MaxLookUP which was on the Universal cross ma.

All the add on's haven't been tested live but seemed to work in back test, so please test it and let us know of any problems.

Heloo

You are great man.

I have no words to thank you.

Test and post the results and graphs

Again thank you !

mrtools:

I set: breakeven 10 and LockinPips 2

It's ok, it works

Let's see if it works and trailing.

Files:
eurgbpm15.png  25 kb

mrtools:

is ok.

works and BE, and TS

BreakEven 10 ... LockinPips2.... Trailing stop 25

Great !

Files:
euraudm15_1.png  14 kb

mrtools:
Think this version should be better to your method.

Mrtools plz see that y this has opened a buy trade again even though a sell trade didnt happen before it? u will see 2 buy orders points in the pic..Does the ea consider a dip below green ma (hi) as a close of prv buy and therefore opens another buy?? something is not right...?

Files:
eurusdm5.png  33 kb

sachin_syd:
Mrtools plz see that y this has opened a buy trade again even though a sell trade didnt happen before it? u will see 2 buy orders points in the pic..Does the ea consider a dip below green ma (hi) as a close of prv buy and therefore opens another buy?? something is not right...?

Sachin_syd, tell me your all settings and will try and dublicate on a M5 EURUSD chart. The Price Cross Ma Hi Lo is supposed to open buy orders when price closes above upper moving average, and sell if price closes below the lower moving average, if close on trend change = true then if you are in a buy and price closes below the lower moving average then it should close the trade,if in a sell and price closes above the upper moving average, then the EA should close the trade. Another possibility is the trailing or regular stop could have closed the trade.

mrtools:
Sachin_syd, tell me your all settings and will try and dublicate on a M5 EURUSD chart. The Price Cross Ma Hi Lo is supposed to open buy orders when price closes above upper moving average, and sell if price closes below the lower moving average, if close on trend change = true then if you are in a buy and price closes below the lower moving average then it should close the trade,if in a sell and price closes above the upper moving average, then the EA should close the trade. Another possibility is the trailing or regular stop could have closed the trade.

MRtools, I think I know what is happening.. Say once a short trade is stopped out or hit tp and then the price goes above and falls back under the lower ma it is opening another short.. Ideally, the Ea should not open a short trade unless price has gone above the upper MA and then turned back and candle closes under lower ma. I have observed this issue on another pair too. Can u please check the codes once again.. Many Thanks

sachin_syd:
MRtools, I think I know what is happening.. Say once a short trade is stopped out or hit tp and then the price goes above and falls back under the lower ma it is opening another short.. Ideally, the Ea should not open a short trade unless price has gone above the upper MA and then turned back and candle closes under lower ma. I have observed this issue on another pair too. Can u please check the codes once again.. Many Thanks

The EA is coded to open buy/sell trades when price crosses the upper/lower ma if price goes back for example after closing a sell one way or the other, then if the price crosses the upper ma, then the EA should open a buy.

mrtools:
The EA is coded to open buy/sell trades when price crosses the upper/lower ma if price goes back for example after closing a sell one way or the other, then if the price crosses the upper ma, then the EA should open a buy.

As u will see in this chart too it opened a short which closed after hitting sl. It again opened a short around 1800 hours for no good reason whereas it should not have done so.. This case is similar to the EURUSD chart i posted earlier. I am pretty sure about my settings as they are identical to the visible ma lines.

Files:
audusdm30.png  48 kb
Reason: