Experts: Moving Average

Moving Average:

The Moving Average EA is included in the standard pack of the MetaTrader 5 client terminal and is an example of the EA that trades using the Moving Average indicator.

The EA file Moving Average.mq5 is located in the folder "terminal_data_folder\MQL5\Experts\Examples\Moving Average\". This EA is an example of use of technical indicators, trade history functions and trading classes of the Standard Library. In addition, the EA includes a money management system that is based on trade results.

Let's consider the structure of the Expert Advisor and how it works.

Backtesting Results of the Moving Average Expert Advisor

Backtesting Results of the Moving Average Expert Advisor

Author: MetaQuotes Software Corp.

How can I add stop loss,trailling stop and profit target to this EA? Thank you

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Press review

newdigital, 2014.06.05 09:41

USDCHF Breakout Hindered by 200-Day Moving Average (adapted from dailyfx article)

• The USDCHF break has run into the 200 Day Moving Average.
  • Potential buyers could enter upon a confirmed break above the 200 Day MA.

The 200-Day Simple Moving Average

The 200-Day Simple Moving Average is one of the most popular indicators in the world. When price breaks through a 200 MA on a daily chart, it can often be seen as a topic of conversation on financial news stations, websites and newspapers.
It is primarily used to give traders and investors an overall sense of how strong or weak a currency pair is.

Typically, when a currency pair’s price falls below the 200 Day MA, it is a sign of weakness with a potential for further price decline. And when a currency pair’s price breaks above the 200 Day MA, it is a sign of strength with a potential for further price increases.

The chart above shows the recent price action surrounding the 200 Day MA. We see a large run up in price breaking through multiple resistance levels until it met this powerful MA line. We have had 6 consecutive days where price has temporarily broke through the 200 Day MA or price has come within 10 pips of the line before retreating lower. So this level is acting as strong resistance.

If price were to remain below the MA, it could propel it lower back into the pair’s price channel. However, a breakout to the upside could add yet another reason to buy the USDCHF. Until we witness a larger price move, we are in a state of limbo.

I activated EA moving average. Will it trade completely automatically?

Any settings I have to adjust in order to make it buy and sell fully automatically?

I'm trying to create EA base on Moving average but don't have the enough knowledge of the coding; can I use your EA for it, if I can what kind of changes do I need to make?

What I wants from EA

Buy: Enter when the price close above the moving average and close it when price closes below the moving average.

Sell: Enter when the price close below the moving average and close it when price closes above the moving average.

Reason: