Open trade did not close at specified price

Hello, new to the software but having a moment.

Placed a small trade with a demo account and even though the tick dipped below my sell price numerous times it did not close and the profit read out appears to be a long way out.  Is it something I've pressed?  I did numerous others before this and they worked fine.

It is a raw forex trade, I'm wondering if it was during an hour when the market stops and trades don't count even if the tick drops below at this time?  The tick was going very slow at the time.

See attached pic, 

thanks,

jumpbike:

Hello, new to the software but having a moment.

Placed a small trade with a demo account and even though the tick dipped below my sell price numerous times it did not close and the profit read out appears to be a long way out.  Is it something I've pressed?  I did numerous others before this and they worked fine.

It is a raw forex trade, I'm wondering if it was during an hour when the market stops and trades don't count even if the tick drops below at this time?  The tick was going very slow at the time.

See attached pic, 

thanks,

Your order looks like it spiked through your TP level, but during a time (right after midnight) when spread is very large and that was the reason that your order didn't close.

USDSGD is a minor currency pair and its spread around midnight (GMT+3) time is quite often above 100 points.

understood, so the sell price never actually dropped below my close price.
Also the profits read out on my trade window seem to be sat at a constant value even though the trick was tracking up and down slightly. Again, spread keeping it stable? 

jumpbike: the tick dipped below my sell price numerous times it did not close a
  1. You buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid. So for buy orders you pay the spread on open. For sell orders you pay the spread on close.
    1. Your buy order's TP/SL (or Sell Stop's/Sell Limit's entry) are triggered when the Bid reaches it. Not the Ask. Your SL is shorter by the spread and your TP would be longer. Don't you want the same/specified amount for either direction?
    2. Your sell order's TP/SL (or Buy Stop's/Buy Limit's entry) will be triggered when the Ask reaches it. To trigger at a specific Bid price, add the average spread.
                MODE_SPREAD (Paul) - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #25
    3. The charts show Bid prices only. Turn on the Ask line to see how big the spread is (Tools → Options (control+O) → charts → Show ask line.)

2. Most brokers with variable spread widen considerably at end of day (5 PM ET) ± 30 minutes. My GBPJPY (OANDA) shows average spread = 26 points, but average maximum spread = 134. The charts show Bid prices only. Turn on the Ask line to see how big the spread is, Tools → Options (control+O) → charts → Show ask line.

The spread is constant during the run. It is the current spread for the pair (your broker,) at the moment you start the test.