Step Ma EA - page 19

jayjonbeach:
Thanks for reply, I guess I just don't understand how the "0" fits into it, or what exactly 0 represents in equation, don't forget I'm a total code newb! I did read the CG manual twice now, and the 2nd read after playing with many bots is sinking in much more now than the first read through. I actually feel I am getting an overall pretty good grasp now, and opening a completely new bot is not scary any more with most of the code seeming familiar or familiar type logic.

----

p.s - Attached is last version with a TS mod. There is a new extern double called "Trailamount". Now you can select where the TS kicks in (extern double lTrailingStop for buy or extern double sTrailingStop for sell ) AND how much to trail the current price (Trailamount). So for example if you put LTrailing stop as 75, and Trailamount as 30, when price goes 75 pips in your favour on a buy order, a TS will kick in and follow price 30 pips behind current price. I tested this quickly and appears to be working correctly.

Thanks for the Ea. something I forgot to mention in the StepMa indicator if uptrend then the trend buffer #5 is 1 and if downtrend buffer #5 is -1, so when calling them in a Ea its 0, its 0 before any trend is declared.

mrtools:
Thanks for the Ea. something I forgot to mention in the StepMa indicator if uptrend then the trend buffer #5 is 1 and if downtrend buffer #5 is -1, so when calling them in a Ea its 0, its 0 before any trend is declared.

Aha it is logic in the Indy that ties the code together in the EA, thank you for solving this puzzle for me!

Step_MA_Expert EA with default settings except MM - MM set to false to trade by fixed lot size.

It is the situation for EURUSD:

===============

- StepMa_3D Ea_v1 is on this post.

- StepMa_3D EA is on this post.

- the settings of StepMa_3D EA for M15 timeframe is here.

- Step_MA_Expert EA with settings - use this post.

- Step_MA_v7_expert EA is on this post.

- StepMaEa_v7 EA is on this post.

- StepMaEa EA is on this post. This is a new version with a different Ea template.

Step_MA_Expert EA with default settings except MM - MM set to false to trade by fixed lot size.

EURUSD is still profitable for this EA:

===============

- StepMa_3D Ea_v1 is on this post.

- StepMa_3D EA is on this post.

- the settings of StepMa_3D EA for M15 timeframe is here.

- Step_MA_Expert EA with settings - use this post.

- Step_MA_v7_expert EA is on this post.

- StepMaEa_v7 EA is on this post.

- StepMaEa EA is on this post. This is a new version with a different Ea template.

arrowa

Hi Gtudor,

Sorry for my late reply, added arrow on color change.

indicator: Step_MA_v7_alerts

inver61:
Hi Gtudor,

Sorry for my late reply, added arrow on color change.

indicator: Step_MA_v7_alerts

Hello, would be so kind, you can add a arrows, each time you change color, thank you very much

step ma ea

Hello, Im so intersted with this EA as I'd used the step ma indi for more than 2 years. i'd tried for all af type of this EA but there is no trade result.. please explain this..

I'd set max risk to 0

I'd set time from 0 t0 24

I use insta mt4

thanks a lot ,, im waiting

jemy:
Hello, Im so intersted with this EA as I'd used the step ma indi for more than 2 years. i'd tried for all af type of this EA but there is no trade result.. please explain this..

I'd set max risk to 0

I'd set time from 0 t0 24

I use insta mt4

thanks a lot ,, im waiting

Hi Jemy,

Which version are you testing?

v7 does not open position

Have started v7 on EU M5 for testing, but does not get position opened when stepma change direction. There is no warning/error logged and the MT4 settings are ok. (other EA works)

It should be good to get re-entry condition too when stepma is used as S/R on short timeframe (for example on EU5, i set stepma to 80,1.45,80) when "slope direction line" change direction.

Files:

dino35:
Have started v7 on EU M5 for testing, but does not get position opened when stepma change direction. There is no warning/error logged and the MT4 settings are ok. (other EA works) It should be good to get re-entry condition too when stepma is used as S/R on short timeframe (for example on EU5, i set stepma to 80,1.45,80) when "slope direction line" change direction.

Hi Dino35,

Not sure which version you tried but the version from here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general post # 180 does work.

Reason: